Site Changes Discussion

Tormented

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popping in to say since I recall it being asked about earlier: If a mention toward you is quoted, you get notified as if the person quoting also @'d you. In case we weren't 100% on the verdict on that. Hina and Kuri taught me this just now. Also there's no @ button on 2edgy, but with these rumors of a new theme, that may not matter soon.

I can't change my name to just Dad because it gives me "this username is already taken".  That's the problem.

I think it was Rai or Zai who helped me change my name to Fusion, there wasn't a member named Fusion but there was a member who had it as their login name, like the same one you've been using to login ever since we switched from MyBB.

Not sure if you'd be able to easily find that or if you'd still care, but that might be why that error's popping up.

I just woke up and the first thing I see is that something munched my avatar. Now I see you folks have been busy little bees with the site reworkings. From what I'm seeing, things prove to be interesting, though I'm wondering if the space in my name will make it a pain for me to be mentioned.

Avatar is due to clearing cache, iirc. It's just reverted to an old one, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

The space does not impact @@ing you. Funny that you said this as I @d you in a status lol

We've gone this far, we might as well find the PHP code on YCmakers acct to speed up addition of links and pendulums

If anything will revive YCM, that's it

Also and update on loosening image restrictions? I just got back from class and not up to date

The code for the cardmaker is in the Cardmaker section from what I can tell

I wonder how YCMaker will react when he finds out we've been messing with his stuff.

I imagine he wouldn't care... But then again I don't really know the guy. 

Probally pissed off but that's what he gets for being lazy and letting the ad revenue come in when he does naff all. YCM needs a new Admin that actually cares about the forum. Sure it's just a forum but it's like home to a few of us. Tormented has done a great job so far, heck I would vote for him in a heartbeat for a permanent position. This is a new era for YCM and I can only imagine the possibilities.

Just think about what YCM has achived in the last two months. A well done election with 2 new recruits and now this!

Also, this is still YCMaker's property. He is going to care and can do whatever he wants with it. We have no say in how he runs the forum since we using it out of our own free time, and have no control over how he wished to manage it. He still puts money into it to run off of public servers, getting money out of it, too.

Also, this is still YCMaker's property. He is going to care and can do whatever he wants with it. We have no say in how he runs the forum since we using it out of our own free time, and have no control over how he wished to manage it. He still puts money into it to run off of public servers, getting money out of it, too.

Yeah I'm gonna have to say that "We need a new admin" talk won't bring much because at the end of the day, like it or not, it's totally up to YCMaker.

And whatever "justice" or "right thing" may be true the fact is that we should make sure to keep that in mind. We can make changes but we have to make sure to not go too far.

About the @@ing thing and having problems with certain characters, is there a way to set up a separate @ system that let's you @ people via Aliases? Like @[A]Dad or something so that we don't have to avoid putting apostrophes, or whatever else, in our usernames.

And also kinda because every time someone actually types out my name instead of calling me ABC, I silently call them a dork.

I mean if people want me to be full blown Admin I'm not against the idea, whilst I only have access to so much on the ACP, I'll do what I can to help the place, that's the best anyone can do, but this is likely a topic for another time, I am willing to lead us down a new path if that is what the populace would like me to do.

I also have not modified a single bit of YCMakers things, all have just been new additions and the fixing of broken features (like links in status bars)

@A Bigass Colony good question, no idea, likely not easily.

Archived