Site Changes Discussion

Tormented

In my efforts to modernize the site, you can now hover over topics and preview the comments in place. It will show you the first post and latest post on the preview.

90j2Ik5.png

Please let me know if you notice any glaring bugs.

If the community would like more characters to be visible (it's currently set to 200 characters) then I can change that quite easily.

lIePTpk.png

On topics that you have yet to read, there will be two additional options to mark the thread as read as well going to the latest unread post.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came here to point out some new changes might have accidentially broken some other features, but it seems to be intentionally (re)moved.

I usually headed to the first unread post by clicking on the relevant link after opening the links to it. This now requires hovering… which is quite hard to do on a device where you use a touch screen (like mobile phone). As such I would request for the old method to be reinstated (the new feature can stick around though).

Came here to point out some new changes might have accidentially broken some other features, but it seems to be intentionally (re)moved.

I usually headed to the first unread post by clicking on the relevant link after opening the links to it. This now requires hovering… which is quite hard to do on a device where you use a touch screen (like mobile phone). As such I would request for the old method to be reinstated (the new feature can stick around though).

I'm really not sure what you mean? I've just tested on my mobile device and clicking the post link brought me to the last unread post?

I'm really not sure what you mean? I've just tested on my mobile device and clicking the post link brought me to the last unread post?

There used to be a hidden button on the left side of the post/view count, which - upon clicking - opened the preview of first unread and the last post; similar to the one that now opens upon hovering.

I unfortunatly cannot provide a screenshot because it is now gone… although maybe with "the wayback machine". If it matters, I'm using "YCM Classic" on my mobile.

Edit: Tried to show take a screenshot with "the wayback machine", but it gave errors indicating that page would not he available when I tried clicking it; most likely given the "pop-up" is personalized.

Also, the feafure is nice when browsing via a device capable of hovering; just very hard to trigger on touch devices.

There used to be a hidden button on the left side of the post/view count, which - upon clicking - opened the preview of first unread and the last post; similar to the one that now opens upon hovering.

I unfortunatly cannot provide a screenshot because it is now gone… although maybe with "the wayback machine". If it matters, I'm using "YCM Classic" on my mobile.

Oh right. I remember now. Yea it works similarly to the hover feature. Didn't know people were still using this, cuz I used it only once in my lifetime and forgot about it until today.

a0f7cd080b63d3186d971b2e661ae20d.gif

https://prnt.sc/ihqq76

(Assuming this link doesn't expire, or you can look at CC right now)

But yeah, it does work, however no linking to DP quite yet. (Though, it's possible to do so, but just requires nesting the IMG tags inside the URL ones; much like you'd do here.)

====

Now to figure out what I need to do with it for sections.

https://prnt.sc/ihqq76

(Assuming this link doesn't expire, or you can look at CC right now)

But yeah, it does work, however no linking to DP quite yet. (Though, it's possible to do so, but just requires nesting the IMG tags inside the URL ones; much like you'd do here.)

====

Now to figure out what I need to do with it for sections.

Is the registration glitch fixed btw

Is the registration glitch fixed btw

Yeah, it should've been fixed a while ago. 

Only issue being that some members don't receive their (re-)validation emails, but that's mostly on them using Windows Live addresses which we've known about for the past year. Either it's a problem on our end with the site just not sending, or MSN not taking emails. I am tempted to think it is the latter because other providers take them. 

(If they don't get their validation emails, there's a forum that they can post in to request it. You guys can't see it unless you're unvalidated or staff, but it's there.)

Archived