Site Changes Discussion

Tormented

Hi All,

I know this isn't a blow out of the park change but I have introduced some new BBCodes that can be used across the site.

They can all be found in the BBCode menu i25697t.png

First up I've introduced the Warning BBCode which looks something like this 

2zBaMPd.png

The warning code can be used via the tag.

[warning]

Next up I've introduced a slightly different variant called the Alert BBCode, it functions similarly in the sense that it can work to make a piece of text stand out.

5g0Br44.png

This can be used via the tag.

[alert]

Finally is the one that I feel is likely going to be the most used and it is an alternative spoiler system; rather than hiding text behind a button this will only show text on hover.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Suspendisse pretium vestibulum pretium. In id nunc efficitur mauris interdum condimentum id ut lacus. Sed justo nulla, ornare nec risus ac, iaculis sollicitudin dolor. Vivamus feugiat orci a malesuada placerat. Vestibulum tincidunt fermentum vestibulum. Curabitur iaculis ligula ut nisi luctus fermentum. Suspendisse semper tristique diam in porta. Integer at tincidunt lectus, vel scelerisque sem.

This can be used via the tag.

[textspoiler]

Let me know how you guys like them.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a really good idea. Is there a way to have a file uploader, similar to retrieve a document from your computer, but have the location specific to the Card Maker?

Yeah, that sounds about right. Maybe have the cards be server-based, so you can make a card while editing, and then transfer said card to the post you're editing (or creating)

Think of it more as copy and pasting a image :P.

@@Phantom Roxas @@xray1324

Would be a good idea and would alleviate having to keep the cardmaker open in another tab [especially if you guys post a lot of cards at a time, though it's advised you don't go all in if you want people to look at them]. That being said, fixing the cardmaker itself is a priority at the moment. Also if it is possible to do so, given the coding and general stuff. 

Don't get me wrong; I like the concept, but it boils down to getting the cardmaker fixed itself so it can upload properly and if it can be configured. You would need to consult Tormey for this one. 

Why is the status delete rule a thing, when was it added? And why did users get no input unlike with the rest of the status rules?

This isn't the thread to ask this but it was added at the same time as the rest I believe and the same level of input was granted for it as the rest. You've never not been able to ask about it.

It's there because deleting to circumvent the rule just doesn't make sense to allow. I cannot imagine many situations where waiting 15 minutes to post another status is a problem.

Please don't continue this here it is not the place to discuss this.

@@Phantom Roxas @@xray1324

Would be a good idea and would alleviate having to keep the cardmaker open in another tab [especially if you guys post a lot of cards at a time, though it's advised you don't go all in if you want people to look at them]. That being said, fixing the cardmaker itself is a priority at the moment. Also if it is possible to do so, given the coding and general stuff. 

Don't get me wrong; I like the concept, but it boils down to getting the cardmaker fixed itself so it can upload properly and if it can be configured. You would need to consult Tormey for this one. 

Makes sense. Making sure the card maker works at all is the higher priority.

Where would be a place? I'd like it to be public and I have some questions

Why does it have to be public? (don't answer that here it's mostly rhetorical) It's a personal complain so PM makes more sense.

If you must then a comments and suggestions thread about why you think it shouldn't be a rule would work best.

Archived