Site Changes Discussion

Tormented

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So on a very very interesting note, I now once again have access to the appropriate areas. I'm unsure of the cause or whether he has gone back on his changes due to community outrage, or if it's just the ACP being funky, or if it's just the forum software being so out of date it doesn't know what to do with itself.

Regardless, I can make changes once more.

I will continue to make changes and do my best for the place, even if it means YCMaker cracking down and banning me.

So on a very very interesting note, I now once again have access to the appropriate areas. I'm unsure of the cause or whether he has gone back on his changes due to community outrage, or if it's just the ACP being funky, or if it's just the forum software being so out of date it doesn't know what to do with itself.

Regardless, I can make changes once more.

I will continue to make changes and do my best for the place, even if it means YCMaker cracking down and banning me.

Oh thank god. Good luck.

None of these ideas would work on YCM?

Who knows

I just hate seeing you guys so hopeless about all of this. We really do deserve better.

kIZAmfl.png

Starting the second round of changes off on a slow foot, the OC of a forum thread now receives a "Topic Starter" label on the posts of their own started threads.

I have noticed it takes a page refresh to get this to work on new posts but otherwise, it's fully functional.

Whatever ideas you may have Jesse, they won't work if YCMaker won't allow them.

With that said, I sure hope no weird clunky ACP bs happens again.

EDIT: ok that came out kinda wrong. i thought to reply to giga but somehow i addressed jesse directly. what i meant was that yes, even if they might work on ycm they wont work if ycmaker wont cooperate

Whatever ideas you may have Jesse, they won't work if YCMaker won't allow them.

With that said, I sure hope no weird clunky ACP bs happens again.

EDIT: ok that came out kinda wrong. i thought to reply to giga but somehow i addressed jesse directly. what i meant was that yes, even if they might work on ycm they wont work if ycmaker wont cooperate

I was speaking in a more general sense, in that I have ideas I could easily sustain a community with.

I'm not hopeless. The site issues I care about have nothing to do with YCMaker.

I guess it's a much bigger deal to me than it is a lot of people. YCMaker's activity has never been remotely satisfying in the entire time I've been here and it's never been something I could easily deal with. Makes me feel like the site is on borrowed time.

Coming in and preventing positive changes like he did without so much as a word struck a nerve worse than anything the mod team themselves have ever done, whether it's his right or not.

...So wait let me get this straight, you guys want a theme that's colourful, allows for custom backgrounds and also isn't the same boring black and white?

Well! YCM Uniform is the theme for you and you can now use it.

[spoiler=YCM Uniform Images]yPZJ4hh.png
MHM0QM7.png
vhjNw8v.png

It comes with custom backgrounds, custom profile "backgrounds" appearing on your profile's background, multiple colorful default backgrounds and the same features as every other theme!

WOW TORMEY YOU ARE FANTASTIC.

Some of you may have noticed that we have had a "Uniform" theme in the past, and you are correct, however, it was a buggy mess... I've put in some work and have fixed it up for usage.

Please note that profiles may behave slightly funny with large images/youtube videos in them but other than that I've noticed no immediate issues.

As always, keep me updated and let me know how you get on.

Please make YCM modern the default theme(the one on the top of the list of themes)

right now memory is the top theme

I would, however, someone has changed the default back to YCM Classic without communicating to me in any way, so unsure what's going on with that.

I've moved around the themes anyway to be sort of more aligned to what the current "Default" is.

Archived