Site Changes Discussion

Tormented

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I've come up with an interesting idea... how would you guys like an "anchor" system for posts? What I mean by this would be a simple BBCode wherein by you could link to a part of text inside of the thread and clicking on the link would take you to the part of the thread.

This could be useful for a Table of Contents and I can see it especially getting some use in RPs.

Give me your thoughts.

The BBCode stuff? It worked perfectly fine, just want to run it by the staff team and make sure they have appropriate rulings in place for embedded videos and images.

Might as well restrict it to members who have a certain amount of posts and more (if possible), cuz I don't want any bots spamming the forums.

Might as well restrict it to members who have a certain amount of posts and more (if possible), cuz I don't want any bots spamming the forums.

I don't think I've ever encountered a bot that used BBCode and there is very little you can do with BBCode that is particularly harmful.

Ah, I see what you mean.

It would function differently, not only would you not need to reload the page but it would allow for quicker linking (it's going to be semi-tedious either way but having it as a BBCode function would lower the time to link)

Certainly, the above method would work, but the anchoring system would be easier. If it's not much work I'll take a look.

So, I've come up with an interesting idea... how would you guys like an "anchor" system for posts? What I mean by this would be a simple BBCode wherein by you could link to a part of text inside of the thread and clicking on the link would take you to the part of the thread.

This could be useful for a Table of Contents and I can see it especially getting some use in RPs.

Give me your thoughts.

yesyesyesyesyes

This would be super helpful for guides, blogs, and even CW.

Well, the consensus seems pretty positive overall, so I'll look into it. I've got a couple of things coming up on top of this but nothing too extreme so expect it soonish.

I am looking into this Topic Description feature as well so that should be up as soon as I've got that sorted.

Archived