Speaking Out Against Bullying is Mean!

Dad

Unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me one bit. For as much as schools encourage a "bullying-free" environment, they are more likely to punish victims of bullying who dare to speak up, and the fact that the principal made it about his own personal feelings, rather than the feelings of Emily Gipson or her classmates, shows that they would rather dip their head in the sands.

Also, make sure to never actually call bullies "bullies". That is totally out of line, and somehow makes you just as bad as the bullies themselves.

“trying to incite violence”

ANTI-bullying video...

“trying to incite violence”

B U T  W H Y  T H O U G H  ? side note, though looks weird as hell when stretched out.

being serious, this article may as well have been titles "student critical of school's responses to bulling, is bullied into silence by principal." you're telling me the only reason she was suspended was because she recorded it on school grounds? that sounds like a crock of bullshit. i've seen bullies act, i've been bullied, i've fought bullies, and i've tried to get teachers to help me stop bulies from messing with me and my friends. "kids will be kids", and "i'm sure they don't mean it",  is the excuse that teachers give because they don't want to take time out of their days to help solve the damn problem. funk that principal, funk the teachers, and i hope the bullied kids learn how to jump the sheet out of those bullies, one by one, before they graduate.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on Newsela before but not like this, faith in our education system (and as a side note, humanity) officially lost.

Also, why is this person who shut her up the principal of a school?

"WAAAAAAH, MUH FEEWINGS! SHES SO MEAN FOW SPEAKING UP AGAINST BUWWYING! WAAAH!" -the principal of this school

If I heard the principal of my child's school say this, he better be prepared to lose his star student.

Kinda sad to think that all the bullying tropes on TVTropes are semi-valid Truth in Television. now

Archived