Solace of Parshath

Atypical-Abbie

I made a Parshath Deck recently, so I had an idea for a Link Monster for them, which may seem odd, but they do have the option for a Synchro Monster, Pendulum Monsters if you want to use Guiding Ariadne and also this can easily be brought out with Rebirth of Parshath. Of course you can go the regular route of using 2 Level 5 or higher LIGHT Fairy monsters. What this gives you is the ability to Special Summon monsters from your hand or GY when you activate a Counter Trap Card, to negate effects that target cards you control, which helps Sacred Arch-Airknight Parshath to easily be Special Summoned, and also protects other Parshath monsters you control from battle and effects. It does so with a 2500 body, which can easily become 2800 with The Sanctum of Parshath, which combos well with this card since it can banish it from the field or GY as well.

solace_of_parshath_by_zaziuma-dc1tiz9.pn

2 Level 5 or higher LIGHT Fairy monsters
Once per turn, if you activate a Counter Trap Card (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon 1 LIGHT Fairy monster from your hand or GY to your zone this card points to. When your opponent activates a card or effect that targets a card(s) you control (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 “Sanctuary in the Sky” from your hand, field or GY; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card. Other “Parshath” monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.

I'm not too familiar with Link Monsters (I haven't yet used them myself, only played against them a handful of times), but this card looks pretty good! Definitely something that seems worth pulling out for all the benefits it gives you. Counter Fairies are already really annoying once they hit their stride if you're facing them, just because they can counter so much of what you can do while renewing their resources, and this card only makes them more formidable.

I'm actually really fond of the artwork and overall presentation as well, so kudos on a job well done!

Protection, Summoning, and anti-targeting. Pretty solid, effect-wise. But then we get to the ATK and recipe. 2500 is far too high for a Link 2, and Links are supposed to be exceedingly generic compared to other card classes. The recipe shown here would be more at home on an Xyz Evolution.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Link_Rating

I recommend 1900 ATK, since the Link-2 ceiling right now is 2000 and the OG parshath had that ATK. And dropping the Level restriction from the recipe so it can use any LIGHT Fairy duo.

There is no reason for Trickstars to use this effect so they won't abuse this guy much.

@: Take into consideration that those are just boundaries based on CURRENT cards and not a definitive standard. (i.e. Stuff like Jack Knights of the World Scars can get away with 3K ATK for Link 3 b/c its materials are generally high Levels and the means of getting them out.) We cannot say that Konami will not make Link 2s with higher ATK that require stricter material conditions.

====

But onto the card (and I'm going to make clear that I didn't look at /read the flavor notes).

Material requirements are fine, sans for it likely being summoned via Rebirth most of the time if you can access it fast enough (as they are, Counter Fairies don't run enough Level 5+ monsters that you'd want to sacrifice for this; especially for them). To be honest, only Deck that can even make this on a consistent basis with the standard requirements are Artifacts, but their use for this is limited at the moment to the first effect with low opportunities to use it. Rest of the legal targets either are general outliers in their own Decks, have no use for this card due to lack of Counter Traps and/or you got better things to be doing with them.

Statline could be dropped a bit to maybe 2200-2300 (latter would probably work so you can have it rival Neo-Parshath power-wise). Even with Sanctum, 2600 is still good enough to run over stuff, coupled with protection and negation for others (though you're likely only running Arch-Airknight and I guess the original one; Avenging is in an iffy spot, see first sentence for Neo-Parshath in usage [you probably never bother with it] and Darknight doesn't contribute anything). It is technically high for a Link 2, but it is passable because the conditions are strict enough to warrant the added strength.

You don't have to lower it unless you choose to take the above user's suggestion to make it more generic by removing the Level thing.

If you did remove the Level restriction, then it doesn't have much use unless those Decks tech Strike or something. The same would go if you were to remove the LIGHT restriction, but then it makes no sense for other Decks like Darklords to use it unless the Attribute restriction on summoning Fairies is removed. 

In honesty, you're mostly getting this out via Rebirth in Counter Fairies. As current LIGHT Fairy decks stand, I can't see any other ones being able to find space to run this over other consistency cards they may find more beneficial.

I don't intend to change the Level 5 or higher, it's meant to be like an Xyz Monster in terms of stats here, I think it's justified when you think about Parshath being rather slow if they want to get out Level 5s or higher, though they do have Pendulum Summoning options with Ariadne, so you can get out Airknight Parshath or what have you to bring this out. While that is not how you'll likely get it out, may not be worth the resources half the time, I think that he ability to so easily Special Summon ANY LIGHT Fairy from the hand or GY makes the investment of higher Level monsters worth it in case you don't have the access to Rebirth of Partshath, seeing as this can easily bring back the monsters you used, and Parshaths gain an extra bonus from doing so. This is a Link Monster you are meant to have around for longer, lowering its ATK would make that harder to do.

I'm not an expert on Counter Fairies but I have some thoughts on this:

The first effect doesn't look that good, and also suffers from what haunts Counter Fairies: you have to counter something first. This means you need to set your Counters and wait for the opponent to do plays first; in other words, it's slow and unreliable. But that can't be helped. I can tell you want to stick with the theme, at the expense of what could be a more beneficial effect.

I like the second effect, though. It more or less relieves the issues of running multiples of a Field Spell when you can only have 1 active at a time.

Personally, I would prefer if it had more generic materials (e.g. 2 Fairies, 2 monsters including at least 1 Fairy, etc.) and an ATK of 1900 for the flavor, but you already stated that you won't be changing the materials, and that's a shame. Something that IMO would be amazing is giving it an Atrax/Magical Musketeer effect on your Counters. That is, allowing you to activate Counter Traps from the hand. That could dramatically assist with the low start of Counter Fairies, and let the player have a better game when going second.

I'm not an expert on Counter Fairies but I have some thoughts on this:

The first effect doesn't look that good, and also suffers from what haunts Counter Fairies: you have to counter something first. This means you need to set your Counters and wait for the opponent to do plays first; in other words, it's slow and unreliable. But that can't be helped. I can tell you want to stick with the theme, at the expense of what could be a more beneficial effect.

I like the second effect, though. It more or less relieves the issues of running multiples of a Field Spell when you can only have 1 active at a time.

Personally, I would prefer if it had more generic materials (e.g. 2 Fairies, 2 monsters including at least 1 Fairy, etc.) and an ATK of 1900 for the flavor, but you already stated that you won't be changing the materials, and that's a shame. Something that IMO would be amazing is giving it an Atrax/Magical Musketeer effect on your Counters. That is, allowing you to activate Counter Traps from the hand. That could dramatically assist with the low start of Counter Fairies, and let the player have a better game when going second.

Well yes, it is true that they require the ability to counter things first, though there are some that are more flexible, such as Drastic Drop Off you can use. Not sure what you mean about flavor, 1900 is low for something that is suppose to stick around, even if it gets boosted by Sanctum, so that isn't going to happen.

Archived