Mentioning Rules Discussion

Blake

So I've spent like an hour staring at this page, trying to draft up some rule ideas, but I've got nothing. The tl/dr version of what I was trying to put down is "don't mass-@ everyone without a reason, don't @ somebody if they ask you not to, and don't cause bugs that make an entire page inaccessible".

So I've spent like an hour staring at this page, trying to draft up some rule ideas, but I've got nothing. The tl/dr version of what I was trying to put down is "don'tt everyone without a reason, don't @ somebody if they ask you not to, and don't cause bugs that make an entire page inaccessible".

I think it should just be one rule of "hey if someone asks you not to @ them a lot and you @ them A LOT they can report you for it" with maybe a one day suspension on @ or something

It's just not a big deal.

I'm fairly sure I remember Enguin once saying that he considered his warn points a trophy/status symbol. So while yes it's certainly possible that people would view it that way, it's not as if other methods of moderation aren't also susceptible to that factor. Also if someone does spam a bunch of mentions just to get in the group, they then get in the group and they can't do it any more. So it's a win win.

Archived