(TCG) February 5th Banlist

Black this argument is tantamount to saying speed limits are bad because they cause fines

Maxx C forces you to segment your long plays to optimal cut off points. It is objectively wrong for you to feel you're entitled to a game where you can just make all the plays you want without interruption. 

Yugioh is not solitare

No, it isn't. You're making connections that aren't there. It's nothing like a speed limit.

It isn't objectively wrong to make T1 plays without interruption, that's pretty common in a ton of card games.

That said, that isn't even my argument, so stop trying to twist it to make your side look better. I said that other hand traps, like Evenly Matched, Ash, Ogre are good. They don't need hits. Those are fair kinds of interaction. A "stop or die" button is infinitely less fair.

Yugioh isn't solitaire. Using a buzzwordy example like that doesn't do you any favors. That doesn't change that Maxx C forces the opponent to hault in almost every scenario. You're trying to sell that it only slows people down, but you're ignoring that the player going second is capable of the same kinds of plays that the person going first is, and that Maxx is infinitely less effective on that second person.

Drawing Maxx going second leads to the T1 player having a massive disadvantage for the rest of the game. That's not fair.

Agreed with this. It encouraged killer boards to include a negation for Evenly Matched and be more keen on reading the opponent's moves to anticipate the card. And it involves mind games and smart plays from both players like baiting, etc. And right, as Krow pointed out to me, not being able to play it before the Battle Phase is a major difference compared to Raigeki, nukes, etc.

OCG later introduced Designator from the Grave to stop Maxx so that's another counter there, but this is not exactly relevant in this discussion. By the way, this reminds me when TCG Limited Lawnmowing while OCG left it at 3 and let Ash Blossom take care of it after it was released later on.

Now I'm curious on how many times you succeed as breaking such boards. Please don't take this the wrong way: I'm not challenging nor doubting you nor anything, I legitimately would like to get a better idea of your success rate.

Exactly. It serves a similar purpose without telling T1 to stop happening.

Designator isn't good enough.

Depends on the deck, really. Most decks can't compete with breakign through them and setting up. Pendulum variants are pretty good at it, though.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Archived