The FBI Memo

Ryusei the Morning Star

POTUS declassified it this morning 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CXFnepvQamNJyuhSsVQazBO7p3-ZxVOL/view

So, there it is. The FBI took an unverified political dossier, paid for by the Clinton campaign and the DNC, and they used it as a central piece in their request to get a warrant for spying on American citizens and political opponents in the Trump campaign.Not only that—senior FBI and DOJ officials knew about the Fusion GPS dossier's political origins and connections to Democrats, and they EXCLUDED that information from their FISA application. They didn't tell a judge that their information was unverified political oppo research.The creator of the dossier, Christopher Steele, even told DOJ official Bruce Ohr that he (Steele) was "desperate that Donald Trump not get elected president"--and yet NONE of that information was shared with the FISA judge, and the dossier was still used.On every level, this conduct from intelligence officials at the FBI and DOJ is completely unacceptable. Period.

We need answers. We need them now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new information and big takeaways here are:

-The people submitting it knew it was funded by the opposition and was unverified and submitted it in anyway, and it worked.

-The application also includes a mention that two people were collaborating when they weren't.

The first one is the big one.

The new information and big takeaways here are:

-The people submitting it knew it was funded by the opposition and was unverified and submitted it in anyway, and it worked.

-The application also includes a mention that two people were collaborating when they weren't.

The first one is the big one.

The bigger take away, is that they left out the fact the memo was written by oppo and by a man who told people he wanted to stop POTUS from winning, in the FISA warrent

I'd appreciate the attempts to discredit the FBI a lot more if they weren't clearly being done to shield the Trump administration from any future oversight. It's pretty obvious that our intelligence agencies have always been full of sheet, and something as banal as this isn't going to change anyone's mind.

Fake controversy at its finest. I was hoping for an actual bombshell and not another irrelevant story for cultists to get salty over.

Or rather, for cult A to get salty over and cult B to pretend never happened, never will happen, and isn't indicative of anything.

I'd appreciate the attempts to discredit the FBI a lot more if they weren't clearly being done to shield the Trump administration from any future oversight. It's pretty obvious that our intelligence agencies have always been full of sheet, and something as banal as this isn't going to change anyone's mind.

Fake controversy at its finest. I was hoping for an actual bombshell and not another irrelevant story for cultists to get salty over.

Or rather, for cult A to get salty over and cult B to pretend never happened, never will happen, and isn't indicative of anything.

What part of an unaccountable court that answers to no one (and only 14 people in the United states total have any power to look into it: FBI Director, AFBID, DNI, POTUS, AG, Gang of 8, Chief Jusice) abusing it's power is funny? 

Over the entire 33-year period, the FISA court granted 33,942 warrants, with only 12 denials – a rejection rate of 0.03 percent of the total requests.

We have a worse rate of convicting jihadist enemy combatants. It's a banana republic 

What part of an unaccountable court that answers to no one (and only 14 people in the United states total have any power to look into it: FBI Director, AFBID, DNI, POTUS, AG, Gang of 8, Chief Jusice) abusing it's power is funny? 

Over the entire 33-year period, the FISA court granted 33,942 warrants, with only 12 denials – a rejection rate of 0.03 percent of the total requests.

We have a worse rate of convicting jihadist enemy combatants. It's a banana republic 

Boy

I had beef with the FISA court before you even knew what it was, apparently. If this is about the court then the scandal already happened 5 years ago. Possibly even longer as I'm not well-versed in its history and I'm just going off of what happened in my life.

Get in line. Trump and his people aren't special, unique, or even victimized compared to literally every citizen in the US.

How much do you trust the FBI to investigate allegations about the Trump campaign’s interactions with Russian government officials during the 2016 election? A great deal 22% A lot 22% A little 28% Not at all 25%

https://www.axios.com/gop-turns-on-fbi-survey-78c4f486-8755-4c9e-be99-a1567bd3a625.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twsocialshare&utm_campaign=organic

Damn

Get in line. Trump and his people aren't special, unique, or even victimized compared to literally every citizen in the US.

I gotta say this much to that though, you have to start somewhere when it comes to punishing criminals. and this is as prime an opportunity as anywhere to hit hard. willingly forcing through a permit under false pretenses, and using said pretenses to justify those very same pretenses, is as much evidence of corruption as you should need to enact some form of legal punishment.

Why do FISA courts even exist? You don't just get to ignore 4A

they get to ignore it, because nobody who can punish the corruption is willing to, and anybody who would be willing to, is rooted out before they can get to a position where they can. it's gotta change, but doing it would be an action beyond herculean.

they get to ignore it, because nobody who can punish the corruption is willing to, and anybody who would be willing to, is rooted out before they can get to a position where they can. it's gotta change, but doing it would be an action beyond herculean.

Rand Paul (R-Ky) and Ron Wyden (D-OR) lead a filibuster on 702, but I'm shocked people like Nunes didn't do anything. Hell POTUS signed the bill

I gotta say this much to that though, you have to start somewhere when it comes to punishing criminals. and this is as prime an opportunity as anywhere to hit hard. willingly forcing through a permit under false pretenses, and using said pretenses to justify those very same pretenses, is as much evidence of corruption as you should need to enact some form of legal punishment.

That's not what I mean. I mean that this is absolutely no evidence of some conspiracy against specifically Trump and his people when it's something that's been applied to ever other citizen too.

Why do FISA courts even exist? You don't just get to ignore 4A

You do when people are afraid of a vague possibility of terrorism lmao

Or at least that's the justification they'd use.

That's not what I mean. I mean that this is absolutely no evidence of some conspiracy against specifically Trump and his people when it's something that's been applied to ever other citizen too.

the fact that it's trump it was used against doesn't mean too much to me. the fact that it is clear evidence of corruption, and illegal use of a system that should not have been permitted, is what bugs me. the fact that the person it was used against, is now the president, should be enough imo to spur some form or legal repercussion, which would hopefully lead to reform. but there's only so many people who aren't corrupt in politics, and only so many branches they can be at once, so that's likely a pipe dream.

No it does matter. The fact that they were willing to do to the major candidate in a Presidential race, and later to the president elect is pretty scary

ron paul and bernie sanders would like a word with you. political corruption, to the level of lawbreaking, is nothing new. they removed my boy ron paul clean off a ballot in one instance. though i'll admit this is higher tier than the former standards, it doesn't deviate from the basic pattern enough to be called "new"

Why is this important now when it was brushed under the rug years ago?  Why is corruption in government suddenly this gargantuan meme when it's been in the judicial system since before Kennedy?  Why is now the time to laugh at the FBI?  Why is now the time to trust your gut?  What changed?

Why is this important now when it was brushed under the rug years ago?

it was important then as well, corruption is always an important fproblem, it was simply brushed under the rug, because the people let it be, instead of pursuing it. not mw question to answer though, since i didn't exist/ had no voice, when it was brushed under the rug in the past. now i'm old enough to see it, understand it, and get understandably pissed about it.

Why is corruption in government suddenly this gargantuan meme when it's been in the judicial system since before Kennedy?

it's more observable, and it can be tracked more easily thanks to all the new avenues of information. in the past, if a trail went cold, or if there was some form of roadblock, there was virtually no way to pick it up again, or continue observing, today, we have near infinite sources, and multiple angles to view topics from, so forming an picture of any given situation, alongside grasping the context, is far simpler, and far harder to conceal.

Why is now the time to laugh at the FBI?  Why is now the time to trust your gut?  What changed?

well, i wouldn't say laugh, no reason to laugh at them, be annoyed, yes, but laughter, i don't know about.

there's more ways to fill your gut with information, more ways to gain insight in general, more points to compare, more places to look at as reference of what to do/not do. ect. and because you have to start somewhere, if you want to get anywhere.

They went after the funking President of the United states, not joe schmo on the street

That's what changed

I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was the first President to be "gone after",  Give me a break.

it was important then as well, corruption is always an important fproblem, it was simply brushed under the rug, because the people let it be, instead of pursuing it. not mw question to answer though, since i didn't exist/ had no voice, when it was brushed under the rug in the past. now i'm old enough to see it, understand it, and get understandably pissed about it.

it's more observable, and it can be tracked more easily thanks to all the new avenues of information. in the past, if a trail went cold, or if there was some form of roadblock, there was virtually no way to pick it up again, or continue observing, today, we have near infinite sources, and multiple angles to view topics from, so forming an picture of any given situation, alongside grasping the context, is far simpler, and far harder to conceal.

well, i wouldn't say laugh, no reason to laugh at them, be annoyed, yes, but laughter, i don't know about.

there's more ways to fill your gut with information, more ways to gain insight in general, more points to compare, more places to look at as reference of what to do/not do. ect. and because you have to start somewhere, if you want to get anywhere.

We literally have been taking photo and video evidence of corruption for years.  Since before Kennedy was assassinated we've had intelligence committees dedicated to "stopping corruption".  They've all resulted in little to nothing.  

I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was the first President to be "gone after",  Give me a break.

We literally have been taking photo and video evidence of corruption for years.  Since before Kennedy was assassinated we've had intelligence committees dedicated to "stopping corruption".  They've all resulted in little to nothing.  

Care to name a few others they've gone after?

Archived