The FBI Memo

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, I mean

Maybe Nixon and Kennedy, but you've never had the FBI get involve to try to politically change an election

Nixon arguably sunk his own ship, shouldn't have deleted the tapes, he would have kept office if he hadn't

What I was getting at is that this has been going on for years.  It's not new.  We may not have interfered with our own elections much, but we've influenced plenty of overseas elections.  We've assassinated our own citizens.  But now that it's being used in a public election, now action might take place.  And that's a big might.  That's what I was trying to get out of you.

Carry on.

What I was getting at is that this has been going on for years.  It's not new.  We may not have interfered with our own elections much, but we've influenced plenty of overseas elections.  We've assassinated our own citizens.  But now that it's being used in a public election, now action might take place.  And that's a big might.  That's what I was trying to get out of you.

Carry on.

Oh I agree, but you're mistaken if you think I'm a supporter of our regime change neo-con/liberal ideology. 

President Bush and Obama did assassinate our own citizen, but when they're fighting with ISIS, I don't think that's over the top (assuming you mean the whole thing about Obama drone strikes on US citizens)

It won't change, you'd need bipartisanship to get that to happen, and one party or the other has a vested interest in this particular situation 

We literally have been taking photo and video evidence of corruption for years.  Since before Kennedy was assassinated we've had intelligence committees dedicated to "stopping corruption".  They've all resulted in little to nothing.  

now we have common people able to point out the same, and it's insanely easy to find, moreso than just glancing at a paper, you can look up 12 articles in 5 minutes, and have 6 different viewpoints on the topic. in the past, the depth of digging was there, but the ease of access and discussion was not. besides, there's always a boiling point, this generation's point might just be lower than prior, or the abundance of info might just be the tipper.

Oh I agree, but you're mistaken if you think I'm a supporter of our regime change neo-con/liberal ideology. 

President Bush and Obama did assassinate our own citizen, but when they're fighting with ISIS, I don't think that's over the top (assuming you mean the whole thing about Obama drone strikes on US citizens)

There's a lot more than that, but yes, that is part of what I was referring to.

I'm not a frequent defender of President Obama here, but I gotta be in this case

He had a man droned who was actively fighting with Al Queda. SCOTUS has been dragging it's feet on this, but the punishment for treason (what he was doing) should  be stripping of citizenship

There is a fine difference between that and the Arab spring revolutions HRC pushed, or the Iraq war Bush started, or Vietnam

I honestly think the US should have stayed out of WW1

POTUS declassified it this morning 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CXFnepvQamNJyuhSsVQazBO7p3-ZxVOL/view

So, there it is. The FBI took an unverified political dossier, paid for by the Clinton campaign and the DNC, and they used it as a central piece in their request to get a warrant for spying on American citizens and political opponents in the Trump campaign.Not only that—senior FBI and DOJ officials knew about the Fusion GPS dossier's political origins and connections to Democrats, and they EXCLUDED that information from their FISA application. They didn't tell a judge that their information was unverified political oppo research.The creator of the dossier, Christopher Steele, even told DOJ official Bruce Ohr that he (Steele) was "desperate that Donald Trump not get elected president"--and yet NONE of that information was shared with the FISA judge, and the dossier was still used.On every level, this conduct from intelligence officials at the FBI and DOJ is completely unacceptable. Period.

We need answers. We need them now.

Now Devin Nunes is admitting that the FBI did provide that information. He just didn't notice it.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/02/nunes-fine-the-fbi-didnt-lie-but-its-font-was-too-small.html

Not going to comment on the other parts of this memo at this time, but I do think it is disingenuous to claim that the FBI excluded that information.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-make-carter-page-fisa-applications

Former assistant attorney general for the Department of Justice has analyzed the newly released Carter Page FISA application. The FBI's disclosure of Steel's possible bias "takes up more than a full page in the applications, so there is literally no way the FISA Court could have missed it. The FBI gave the court enough information to evaluate Steele’s credibility."

Since he preemptively aims to circumvent the habit of scapegoating Democrats, I'll repeat his other statement of fact: "The judges who signed off on these four FISA applications were all appointed by Republican presidents, including one George H.W. Bush appointee (Anne Conway), two George W. Bush appointees (Rosemary Collyer and Michael Mosman) and one Reagan appointee (Raymond Dearie)."

Considering how Mueller's probe has actually found ties between Trump and Russia, it's demonstrably false to claim that they knew there was nothing, or that they made the mundane look extraordinary.

If anything, a more appropriate metaphor would be the boy who cried wolf, since I find that to be the most recurring issue with these investigations. People love to claim that this is a Red Scare, and these claims have been dismissed in the past under the idea that they're paranoid, but now that we have solid evidence of conspiring with a foreign power, people are not going to believe the evidence just because they're already accustomed to either being fooled, or just dismissing these claims out of habit.

To stick with your analogy, it's not that they paid a man to find a unicorn and only pulled horses. It's that they did find a unicorn, but because you've insisted that unicorns must not exist, you tell someone that they couldn't have possibly found a unicorn, even when there's a unicorn standing right in front of you. It relies so much on describing the other person as paranoid that you only set yourself up to look all the more ridiculous once that "paranoia" is vindicated.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/24/politics/richard-burr-devin-nunes-sound-reasons-for-judges-to-approve-fisa-warrant/index.html

Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr says there were sound reasons for judges to approve the FISA warrant.

I'm finding it more and more difficult to believe that the Fourth Amendment was upheld improperly. It just seems like Devin Nunes stuck his foot in his mouth, and he has no real case here.

• 1 month later...

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/08/devin-nunes-secret-trip-to-london-steele-dossier-ends-in-failure

Devin Nunes continues to make a complete idiot of himself over this non-story that serves no purpose other than to obstruct justice, which seems to be all he actually does with his position anyway. He traveled to London trying to get information on Christopher Steele and Bruce Ohr, but little to no officials were willing to meet with him.

The people familiar with his trip told me that officials at MI6, MI5, and GCHQ were wary of entertaining Nunes out of fear that he was “trying to stir up a controversy.”

I can't wait until Andrew Janz replaces Devin Nunes so we can be rid of this moron.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Why didn't Mueller charge cohen for perjury the

Your lefty editorializing reaks of desperation and bad takes. Read the piece again

Look how bad the sourcing is. First, anonymous (the law considers anonymous sources the least reliable). Second, they aren't even the source; it's thirdhand hearsay from foreign spooks. Third, they are not even current spooks; they are just "connections"to spooks. Pals of Steele

Archived