Elemental Apprentice Novox (AKA Overly Useful "Apprentice" Spellcaster #2)

Black D'Sceptyr

Alright, so let's see how many nostalgia plugs and throwbacks this card was originally made to enable. SING ALONG TIME WITH THE BLADES OF CHANGE WORKSHOP

(okay yeah we're not singing goodness does this look like Zoobomafoo to you)

elemental_apprentice_novox_by_bdsceptyr-

[spoiler=Elemental Apprentice Novox: Info]

LIGHT/Spellcaster-Type Fusion Effect Monster/Level 3/1100 ATK/1600 DEF

Lore: 2 monsters with the same Attribute, and either 1500 ATK or DEF

Must first be Special Summoned (from the Extra Deck) by Tributing the above cards you control (you do not use "Polymerization".)  When Summoned this way: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon from your Deck, 1 Level 4 "Element" monster with 1500 ATK or 1 "Element" Spellcaster monster, ignoring its Summoning conditions. Once per turn, during the Standby Phase, if this card is in the GY because it was destroyed by battle or Tributed and sent there last turn: You can pay 800 LP; Special Summon 1 "Element" monster from your GY, and if you do, it gains ATK equal to half of its DEF. The Attribute of all monsters on the field and in the GYs are also treated as DARK.

Right, so this was started over a Ritual Spell picture...

...supports Tributing monsters.....

....has 1500 ATK/DEF stats it need to share with another-goodness, what triage of forgotten Archetypes could fit that bill and would appreciate the speed?

...summons more Spellcasters, and/or Element monsters?

....oh yes, it self revies upon being Tributed itself. Almost like it wants to be used for the facilitation of another Attribute-manipulating Level 3 Spellcaster?

Class over, let's hear from you if the marks are too high. 

Till then, reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BDS, signing off.

A few problems with their card:

it is never properly Fusion summoned so you can't revive it with the GY effect. Need to say the special summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.

"Element" is not a support archetype name, since the "Elemental HERO" "Elemental Lords" and "Elementsaber" archetypes along with some random cards like "Elemental Grace Doriado" all have "Element" in them, "Element" would refer to all them. You may need to add a few more restriction and check the card pool that you are only targeting monster you want to target.

As for the card itself, why does it "ignoring its Summoning conditions"? The only cards I could find was "Silent Magician" (and "Exodia Necross" for 1 millisecond before he blows himself up). Sure "Silent Magician" is nice as a target but you never mentioned that card so why? 

Plenty of good targets for that effect though, Trick Clown, Fairy Tail Snow, Some Pendulum Magician monsters

The card itself isn't bad..... it just doesn't fix the deck's problems. Element and Charmer decks are just too slow and inconsistent to even get this card out and one would even wonder if they were meant to be a coherent deck, let alone adding "Elemental Mistress Doriado"

How did you end up associating the Novox's Prayer girl with Elements and Doriado, I wonder. And why is it DARK when both its Ritual Monster, Skull Guardian, and Doriado are originally LIGHT. Fells a bit of of theme there.

it is never properly Fusion summoned so you can't revive it with the GY effect. Need to say the special summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.

"Element" is not a support archetype name, since the "Elemental HERO" "Elemental Lords" and "Elementsaber" archetypes along with some random cards like "Elemental Grace Doriado" all have "Element" in them, "Element" would refer to all them. You may need to add a few more restriction and check the card pool that you are only targeting monster you want to target.

As for the card itself, why does it "ignoring its Summoning conditions"? The only cards I could find was "Silent Magician" (and "Exodia Necross" for 1 millisecond before he blows himself up). Sure "Silent Magician" is nice as a target but you never mentioned that card so why? 

Plenty of good targets for that effect though, Trick Clown, Fairy Tail Snow, Some Pendulum Magician monsters

The card itself isn't bad..... it just doesn't fix the deck's problems. Element and Charmer decks are just too slow and inconsistent to even get this card out and one would even wonder if they were meant to be a coherent deck, let alone adding "Elemental Mistress Doriado"

Pretty sure Contact Fusions are also treated as proper Fusion Summons, so the card should be safe on that one.

I do agree that using "Element" as keyword and without any additional conditions can get messy.

How did you end up associating the Novox's Prayer girl with Elements and Doriado, I wonder. And why is it DARK when both its Ritual Monster, Skull Guardian, and Doriado are originally LIGHT. Fells a bit of of theme there.

Pretty sure Contact Fusions are also treated as proper Fusion Summons, so the card should be safe on that one.

I do agree that using "Element" as keyword and without any additional conditions can get messy.

My apologies on the Attribute thing, but it does become LIGHT while on the field-I'm thinking of spreading that Attribute shift around though.

I thought, however, that I was sufficiently specific with the naming when I said "Element" Spellcaster monsters, which are relatively rare.

The "ignoring Summoning conditions" effect is necessary when this is employed to summon Doriado. And considering the evolved Charmers (not the Familiar-Possessed, the Raging Eria, Storming Wynn, etc.) need Tributes to activate their effects, it makes sense to give them one that can revive itself.

Also, about Element not being a support name...well, you're right. Its a series though, and I do wish for it to be more specific-any suggestions on that front'll be appreciated. 

And we're missing a rather potential barnbusting Element monster that's also a Spellcaster and can be Summoned by this method...

My apologies on the Attribute thing, but it does become LIGHT while on the field-I'm thinking of spreading that Attribute shift around though.

I thought, however, that I was sufficiently specific with the naming when I said "Element" Spellcaster monsters, which are relatively rare.

The "ignoring Summoning conditions" effect is necessary when this is employed to summon Doriado. And considering the evolved Charmers (not the Familiar-Possessed, the Raging Eria, Storming Wynn, etc.) need Tributes to activate their effects, it makes sense to give them one that can revive itself.

Also, about Element not being a support name...well, you're right. Its a series though, and I do wish for it to be more specific-any suggestions on that front'll be appreciated. 

And we're missing a rather potential barnbusting Element monster that's also a Spellcaster and can be Summoned by this method...

If you meant to summon the ritual "Elemental Mistress Doriado" you got the level wrong:

• Special Summon from your Deck, 1 Level 4 Spellcaster monster or 1 Level 4 or lower "Element" monster, ignoring its Summoning conditions, but it cannot be Tributed

She is level 3

As for the searching, how about taking a page out of the Pendulum Magicians book. Officially "Magicians" is not an Archetype in the TCG but a <"Magician" Pendulum Monster> only refers to members of the archetype here in the TCG

For your case, something like <Level 4 "Element" monster with 1500 ATK and 1200 DEF> would work

Not sure how to exclude "Elemental HERO Ocean" since it shares those stats but I guess it should be good enough since it includes all the other ones.

Also, you specified the level so Elemental Grace Doriado is too high to summon with this effect

If you meant to summon the ritual "Elemental Mistress Doriado" you got the level wrong:

• Special Summon from your Deck, 1 Level 4 Spellcaster monster or 1 Level 4 or lower "Element" monster, ignoring its Summoning conditions, but it cannot be Tributed

She is level 3

As for the searching, how about taking a page out of the Pendulum Magicians book. Officially "Magicians" is not an Archetype in the TCG but a <"Magician" Pendulum Monster> only refers to members of the archetype here in the TCG

For your case, something like <Level 4 "Element" monster with 1500 ATK and 1200 DEF> would work

Not sure how to exclude "Elemental HERO Ocean" since it shares those stats but I guess it should be good enough since it includes all the other ones.

Also, you specified the level so Elemental Grace Doriado is too high to summon with this effect

I did change up the card to include the Doriados with the "Element" Spellcaster caveat (both Ritual and Level 9 Doriados count on that front and Level 4 Spellcaster handles her Dark counterpart), so I think I covered that base.

Ocean seems incompatico with this card tho considering its Summoning requirements, And I did think of the Element caveat too, so I included "a monster with 1500 ATK and 1200 DEF" would that be satisfactory? I could change it up further if necessary.

It is supposed to work as usable fodder for Doriado's Ritual Summon though-since it's searchable with both Prep of Rites, her Apprentice can get Tributed for it, and should Doriado go down beforehand in the process, Novox can bring it back for 800 instead of itself.

I did change up the card to include the Doriados with the "Element" Spellcaster caveat (both Ritual and Level 9 Doriados count on that front and Level 4 Spellcaster handles her Dark counterpart), so I think I covered that base.

Ocean seems incompatico with this card tho considering its Summoning requirements, And I did think of the Element caveat too, so I included "a monster with 1500 ATK and 1200 DEF" would that be satisfactory? I could change it up further if necessary.

It is supposed to work as usable fodder for Doriado's Ritual Summon though-since it's searchable with both Prep of Rites, her Apprentice can get Tributed for it, and should Doriado go down beforehand in the process, Novox can bring it back for 800 instead of itself.

You may want to actually check the card pool to make sure you only include monsters you intended to

• 1 Level 4 Spellcaster monster:
    • Fairy Tail Snow
    • Performage Damage Juggler
    • Performage Trick Clown
    • Silent Magician
  • 1 monster with 1500 ATK and 1200 DEF:
    • 10 vanillas
    • 22 effects including
      • Madolche Cruffsant
      • Twin-headed Behemoth
      • Mermail Abysslinde

the <1 "Element" Spellcaster monster> is fine though, only the Doriados fulfil that (and Element Magician)

I don't really have a preference if it is able to search those card since the summoning condition is balanced, just make sure you know what is searches and are okay with it

As for tribute, yeah it fulfills that role just fine. You may want to answer why anyone would want to summon her (besides memes) though.

Archived