Monster Reborn and Solemn Judgment

Solemn Judgment

Trap - Counter

When a monster would be summoned, or a spell/trap card is activated: pay half your lifepoints; negate the summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card

Monster Reborn

Spell - Normal

Target 1 monster in either player's graveyard; special summon it to your side of the field

As you all saw these cards just got unbanned ( brought to 1 ) on the most recent banlist. What are the implications of these cards coming off? Will they be meta relevant? I know I will be playing these in the decks I currently play ( TrainBCs and Frightfurs )

Also, one thing I'm wondering, will this become a trend that Konami does? During 2015 we had snatch steal back at 1. Maybe every 2 years konami will give us back one or two of these infamously banned cards

I agree that nowadays Reborn is a fair card that can allow for some lit plays and interactions, now to fish out my old LOB copy.

I do like that Konami freed it to coincide with the Lost Art Promotion as well. (Though in Europe/Oceania, said promotion is delayed till March) 

Now give me Pot of Avarice.

Not gonna lie, part of me misses Avarice, at least the 2013 me who appreciated having it around.

Fun/Rougue decks appreciate those cards (specially reborn) more than meta and to some degree former meta, those decks either dont need the card at all or have their own searchable counterpart, maybe not as powerfull but again, searchable.

As for judgment, its still a Trap, its going to see play but i dont think will get the list attention any sooner.

Glad those card's came back, Monster Reborn is my favorite Spell, i will use it in every deck i have (even if not optimal)

They won't have an impact on the meta, but it's always good to have cards unbanned.

I dunno

Opponent's EP Scapegoat 

3 Tokens into link 3

link 3 plus token into link 4

revive link 3 

possible link 7 if that ever get printed?

Or really just Summon a Link monster, Summon another link using it, then bring it back.

I dunno

Opponent's EP Scapegoat 

3 Tokens into link 3

link 3 plus token into link 4

revive link 3 

possible link 7 if that ever get printed?

Or really just Summon a Link monster, Summon another link using it, then bring it back.

So every Monster Reborn play ever lol. It's at 1. A reborn at 1 will not affect the meta asides from seeing the random clutch play.

well, had a duel today that went full clutch for my opponent. broke his board with digvorzhak's mill effect, and was gonna swing for game, but he ghost ogres me instead, both of us have no monsters on board and nothing in hand, mofo topdecks monster reborn, and steals my digvorzhak, and proceeds to murder me with my own monster.

i love using monster reborn, but it sucks to be the one getting hit by it.

Archived