Mecha Phantom Beast O-Lion

4uqO2PV.png

Mecha Phantom Beast O-Lion

Attribute: WIND
Type: Machine/Tuner/Effect
Level: 2
ATK: 600
DEF: 1000

You can banish this card from your Graveyard; immediately after this effect resolves, Normal Summon 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast" monsterfrom your hand. While you control a Token, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast Token" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). You can only use this effect of "Mecha Phantom Beast O-Lion" once per turn.

I have seen this card pop up in some gameplays. The main thing about it is that it's searchable by Needlefiber, and can be used for a Link 3 that it will generate a Token to further follow up with Link plays. A recurring play I see with this is going for Summon Sorceress as the Link3 and target the Token to Summon a Machine from the Deck, namely an ABC monster or an F.A. Also it's a WIND/Machine, sharing its typing with F.A.s for whatever that's worth. And I noticed it's 200 ATK short from getting Squire support, what a bummer.

Thoughts on this card? Could it become a relevant card for Link laddering, even outside of Machine decks? Unless it already is and I missed it somehow.

If you're going for sheer value, Blackwing - Steam the Cloaked is the best option.

If you're going for Summon Sorceress or potential discard synergy (Troymare if you're greedy?), this is the best option.

If you're going for potential discard synergy (same) or you need a Level 1, Glow-Up Bulb is the best.

There's also typings, which the Summon Sorceress example takes advantage of. All three have uses tho.

Oh, yeah those 2 are around, too. Funny how now 2 BWs monsters ended up having great Link laddering power xD

And Sorceress can grab through Glow-Up... Scorpio, Lonefire, Dandylion (OCG), Spore. While through Steam it can grab Aquas like... Frogs? And Winged Beasts like Zephyros if you bring it back with its own effect.

Perhaps we should re-purpose this thread into Needlefiber --> Sorceress plays?

Oh, yeah those 2 are around, too. Funny how now 2 BWs monsters ended up having great Link laddering power xD

And Sorceress can grab through Glow-Up... Scorpio, Lonefire, Dandylion (OCG), Spore. While through Steam it can grab Aquas like... Frogs? And Winged Beasts like Zephyros if you bring it back with its own effect.

Perhaps we should re-purpose this thread into Needlefiber --> Sorceress plays?

Nah, Summon Sorc is only through this, which you then use to grab a machine.

Then you can get like, idk, Rosenix to get 2 more bodies for the price of 1, so Tuner + Non-Tuner ends up being 6 bodies, with 2 maindeck concessions.

Steam is better for Troymare/etc. plays, GUB is better for stuff that needs Linkuriboh or just being a genuine 1-card Link 2.

Archived