At the moment, I have already reduced the values obtained in the mod forum to standard values for the rest of the site. So, 25 for making a thread and 10 if you reply / someone replies to your stuff.
If you guys look at the Shop, there is a Lottery button but it's currently busted. Trying to see if Tormented can fix it, but if it can be repaired, you have another use for your points (or least to spend them in larger quantities).
Back in the old days, points could be used to pay for requests in the Graphic Shops area (or at the time, pay for access to render galleries). Of course, this was when we still had the 5 points per thread / 1 per reply thing. IIRC 20,000 old YCM points for full access to Yin's YGO one would roughly equate to probably 1-2 million right about now.
As for CC having the redemption / point thing, that was mostly to encourage people to actually post and get rewarded for your effort, given the inactivity of the section. At present, no one's really used either of them (the general ones or contest redemption), so... Also because CC is / supposed to be the main draw of the site, given the name.
For the other areas like TCG, Fanfics/Roleplaying and so forth, you'd have to talk to the other mods about it pertaining to rewarding activity.
- For Intros, I could probably give brand new members who make intro and stick around for a week or so a little bonus for coming here.
- You know, because our new member retention rate isn't really good, and we'd like to keep fresh blood here for the long run.
- There are other factors that contribute to them not sticking around that are beyond our control, but that's saved for another discussion.
- Broken could try to work out something for his area (and guess Flame if Other TCG can pull up something in there).
- Probably reward you guys for having quality discussions in there or something (i.e. give good critique on a user's Deck that helps them)
- Aix had a redemption thing for RPs at the time, but think that was dropped later.
- IDK if Zai would be willing to re-implement this for RP to spur activity in there. Might also be good for Fanfics.
- Maybe incentives to post stuff in Showcase and all, but that'll have to be determined later.
- Not sure what could be done for the Multimedia areas in terms of points.