Elemental Grace Doriado (A Reappraisal)

elemental-grace-doriado.jpg

Seriously tho, Elementsabers coming up soon, and several more multi-Attribute Decks creeping towards the top tiers, one in particular getting mentioned more and more.

And this counts your opponent's GY too. Considering the increasing Attribute diversity of the handtraps these days....I mean it's not hard to make the breaks for it. (hullo Ghost Girl. No not you the other Ghost Girls)

S'not like we haven't gone out of our way to slap bosses into Decks they aren't native to, either-this just requires a couple more steps than some of the more present examples, and the reward of negating Special Summons would go a long way towards stopping our monster-intensive Decks of the format.

Pardon my voice level, but LOVE OF GOD THIS IS A THING NOW THAT'S HOW VIABLE THOSE DECKS HAVE GOTTEN NOW

#iknowI'mnottheonlyone

Thoughts? For Altergeists, Invoked, even Elementsaber Decks? Or any you can think of heaven knows I'm not picky

I'd say it was worth it if you could easily make it live with Link laddering, but I don't quite think we're there yet in terms of good links of each attribute. There are plenty of EARTH, LIGHT and DARK Links, and Needlefiber is WATER, and Needlefiber could grab O-Lion for WIND if you want to go that route. I'm struggling to find a FIRE, and I don't feel that the WIND is too reliable either unless you specifically want it for Summon Sorceress.

But generally I wouldn't play it in a deck just because of its main deck, because regardless of how diverse your main deck is, it's gonna be a bit of a stretch to reliably get 6 main deck monsters in your GY.

Also, a pet peeve:

Invoked

Why do people seem to consider Invoked to be a deck with large attribute diversity? Primarily it's just Mechaba turbo, which is just plain ol' Chaos. Yes, if you have Extra Deck room then it's nice to be able to have the option of banishing stuff from your opponent's GY regardless of what attribute it is, and certain situations may promote a certain Invoked Fusion's effect (off the cuff OTK by banishing Ash for Purgatrio, Cocytus to f*** over Paleozoic, Magellancia for a 3k (4k with Aleister) beatstick, etc)... but most games it's just going to be Mechaba or Raidjin, because those are the good ones. 

I'd say it was worth it if you could easily make it live with Link laddering, but I don't quite think we're there yet in terms of good links of each attribute. There are plenty of EARTH, LIGHT and DARK Links, and Needlefiber is WATER, and Needlefiber could grab O-Lion for WIND if you want to go that route. I'm struggling to find a FIRE, and I don't feel that the WIND is too reliable either unless you specifically want it for Summon Sorceress.

But generally I wouldn't play it in a deck just because of its main deck, because regardless of how diverse your main deck is, it's gonna be a bit of a stretch to reliably get 6 main deck monsters in your GY.

Again, the opponent's monsters count towards this too, and considering Ash Blossom's FIRE and Droll and Lock's WIND....well, the brokeness writes itself into the cards.

True though, it does require setup which demands a bit much of you-sure that can easily be done by the Troymares though, they go through themselves and the materials used for them like hotcakes. Cannot believe I forgot to include them, really.

And to your point about Invoked....yeah, that's a stretch to make it but my main interactions with it were either with the new B.E.S. support and/or the Magician Girls, where it worked often. I may be biased in judgmentdment but I still think there more to offer a Deck which uses both GYs as material for its Fusion Summons than just Mechaba and Raidjin.

So far Elementsabers boast the best ability to quickly set up the grave to make this card live, yet while they can make their attributes differ enough to take advantage of it, they have more to gain by going all into one or two and taking advantage of an Elemental Lord instead. Something like the WATER Elemental Lord gives you an immediate discard-2 on your opponent and puts you ahead fairly well. Plus, the deck has a much better longevity keeping those monsters in the grave instead of banishing them for costs. Having them stay there means you can repeatedly go into Elemental Lords turn after turn, while having this monster out threatens their overall game-plan by risking it all hoping a few successful summon negations, if they aren't stopped by a hand-trap or something, pan out for a win.

It's just honestly not worth it. Any deck that's able to set the grave up fast enough to make a pro-active use of this card turn one is more than likely going to have better reasons to want those monsters to remain in the grave than to just be used as negation fodder, or have better uses for them overall.

Archived