Earth / Rock / Level 2 

700 attack / 600 defense

( Flip )

both players discard their entire hands, then draw 5 cards

Fiber Jar

Earth / Plant / Level 3 

500 attack / 500 defense

( Flip )

each player shuffles are cards from their hand, field, and graveyard into the deck, then draws 5 cards

This is something I've been wondering about for a long time. These cards are banned, and it's not too surprising why. They have extremely powerful effects for low level monsters. 

Would they still be relevant though? Given that they are flip monsters they are inherently slow, much like traps, unless you run cards like book of taiyou, which much like temple of the kings, is pretty inconsistent. Consistently getting their effects off seems unlikely, giving that bouncing is a big part of the game again, in things such as Firewall dragon ( even if limited, people will still use him ).

I've always thought these could come back to 1 without having any big impacts, on meta, tier 1, that kinda thing. What do you guys think?

Morphing jar has the potential to be a +4 (5 if its flip summoned) the idea itself is not fair even if flip monsters are too slow for the current game

Fiber can promote some degenerate stuff combined with macro cards and reseting the game out of no where isnt heaalthy either.

Problem with both cards is that they will likely be triggered after being attacked, a time in which not many cards can respond to them

Morphing jar has the potential to be a +4 (5 if its flip summoned) the idea itself is not fair even if flip monsters are too slow for the current game

Fiber can promote some degenerate stuff combined with macro cards and reseting the game out of no where isnt heaalthy either.

Problem with both cards is that they will likely be triggered after being attacked, a time in which not many cards can respond to them

kinda like ryko, but on a much bigger scale?

even when taking the damage step into account ( im pretty sure ash blossom can negate both, given that they add cards from deck to hand in the form of drawing, and hand traps are already ran in multiples ), it still seems pretty bad, given that any amount of removal takes care of it before the battle phase

Honestly I'd be game to see them both back at 3. Yes they're disgustingly powerful, but honestly with the way the game is now I don't think people would use them competitively, and if someone did, more power to them imo.

Personally I'd funking love Morphing Jar in Paleozoic. You can just set your hand to maximise advantage, you don't care that it's slow, and it's Level 2 for Xyz plays.

Honestly I'd be game to see them both back at 3. Yes they're disgustingly powerful, but honestly with the way the game is now I don't think people would use them competitively, and if someone did, more power to them imo.

Personally I'd f***ing love Morphing Jar in Paleozoic. You can just set your hand to maximise advantage, you don't care that it's slow, and it's Level 2 for Xyz plays.

that would be quite the sight, and I would dare to say it's still not overpowered even in that situation, given that a lot of frog plays that aren't too explosive usually end in set some traps + dupe frog and pass. Even then you aren't guaranteed the effect as your opponent can either destroy it before hand ( anything that destroys, bounces, shuffles into the deck, banishes, etc ) or simply attack over it with an armades effect ( such as armades, utopia the lightning, etc ). It can be pretty crazy when it goes off, but going off as such would be situational and not always consistent. It would be very interesting to see though

The only thing I can day I will accept for returning Fiber Jar to 1, is an errata that banishes FJ when it does the thing.

MJ can come back to 3 safely the only things that would really benefit from it are Dark World, Fabled, and Trickstars.

Tricks already OTK consistently enough that I want to see Dark Room banned, and the other two would just become Rogue tier viable.

The only thing I can day I will accept for returning Fiber Jar to 1, is an errata that banishes FJ when it does the thing.

MJ can come back to 3 safely the only things that would really benefit from it are Dark World, Fabled, and Trickstars.

Tricks already OTK consistently enough that I want to see Dark Room banned, and the other two would just become Rogue tier viable.

Real Trickstar decks don't use Dark Room any more. It's not worth it

While I feel Morphing Jar could come back, at least Limited, Fiber Jar is one I feel could never come back. It wasn't too long ago that Morphing Jar was Limited, and it only affects that hand. So while it may hinder hands, you still gain 5 cards. Well, unless this is late game and a player is low on cards in their Deck. But Fiber Jar? I don't think most people would be happy with losing whatever, hand, Graveyard, and field they had going.

Archived