Not so Solemn

BatMed

I killed GOD

not_so_solemn_by_batmed-dc2aldx.png
pixel__green_star_by_apparate-d337m0q.gi ARTWORK MADE BY ME pixel__green_star_by_apparate-d337m0q.gi

Effect:
When your opponent activates a card or effect that negates the effect's activation of a face-up card you control; negate the activation and banish it. If a card(s) you control is sent to the GY because of a Counter Trap effect while this card is in your GY: You can banish this card from your GY; return that card(s) to their previous location where it was when that Counter Trap activates. You can only use each effect of "Not So Solemn" once per turn.

Protects you from Solemns and Hand Traps because tbh who doesn't want this kind of protection. Now this may or not rival "Designator from the Grave" for the following reasons:
Pros:
- Does not only protects from hand traps but also Solemns and any boss_negation.EXE aka Crystal Wing
- Wide-ranged and can banish threats
- A sexy GY effect that returns your stuffs and jabroni slap your opponent
- A counter trap means Speed Spell 3

Cons:
It's a TRAP! = it's slow = can't protect you in your 1st turn

[spoiler=Personal opinion -not about the card-]tbh the game's speed nowadays is ridiculous. It becomes win in your second turn or gtfo and that's not healthy at all! imo.

I think this card is pretty solid. It works well obviously for the fact that it negates not only solemns but also ash which is helpful.

I can see the second effect being used used a lot especially if it were in this February's format with solemn judgement bing back. the only thing I that worries me about this card is that would it allow you to re use the effect of the monster that was sent o the GY?

I think this card is pretty solid. It works well obviously for the fact that it negates not only solemns but also ash which is helpful.

I can see the second effect being used used a lot especially if it were in this February's format with solemn judgement bing back. the only thing I that worries me about this card is that would it allow you to re use the effect of the monster that was sent o the GY?

I do believe that "returns" is a unique term with its own rulings: Returns to the field =/= SS and I think return to the GY is no difference? Anyways might wait until someone else confirms. BUT still, in case return to the GY = sent the GY, the card will be still perfectly fine, even if the GY effect was worthy it's too conditional and slow to abuse it.

EDIT: I just remembered that "PSY-Framelord Omega" existed therefore: return to GY =/= sent to the GY

EDIT2: Updated the art

Archived