[LINK] Vylon Gamma (Not Connected to the Hulk, But a Bomb Nonetheless)

Black D'Sceptyr

Let's begin.

vylon_gamma_by_bdsceptyr-dc2aegx.png

[spoiler=Vylon Gamma: Info]

LIGHT/Thunder-Type Link Effect Monster/Link Rating 3/1200 ATK

Link Markers: Left, Bottom-Left, Bottom

Lore: 2+ Machine or Fairy monsters, including a Vylon Tuner
Gains 900 ATK for each different Type among the monsters in zones this card points to. This card and monsters in zones this card points to cannot be targeted by card effects. You can only use 1 of these effects of "Vylon Gamma" per turn, and only once that turn. 
• When this card is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Vylon" monster from your hand or Deck to a Zone this card points to, except a Tuner. 
• During the Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 Machine or Fairy monster in a Zone this card points to; Special Summon 1 "Vylon" Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck with the same Type as the Tributed monster. (This Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon.) 

Gets to 3000 in the Extra Monster Zone and 2100 in the Main MZ, makes them all Kozmo ships FTW, spams out Vylons from the Deck, Synchro Summons more from the Deck on the Battle Phase, yeah...

But I'm not too certain that this is better than Curious, though, and that really sticks in my craw-I'm aware of how big the LR-3 (Link Rating) Link pool is, and how issue-forming this Deck is on the best day-so I decided to be more forgiving in its Summoning capabilities.

Can't exactly make it LR-2 without it running into competition with Needlefiber though, the ultimate Synchro enabler, and at that point we're fighting for Extra Deck real estate in a way I can't do creatively without either breaking this card or making Fiber look better by comparison-so it became what it became in the upper echelons of Links. You'll need resources behind it to make it work, but that shouldn't be hard.

Oh yeah, I made a typo in the effect and left out a restriction on the last effect-that's fixed, obviously, in the spoiler, and I'll try to fix it in the card as well.

And since I don't want to spoil anymore, let's cut my diatribing here - reviews, revelry, you know the drill, here's hoping Vylon Alpha doesn't wreck you first, its terrible at digging out graves.

BDS, signing off.

Archived