Ban-ish

aussj4link

So this deck type will be centered around the banish aspect of the game. Which I believe would really screw up a lot of other decks. There's going to be many more cards but the real game actually has a lot of cards that I think would support it to overpowered proportions, such as Skull Lair or D.D. Warrior Lady. I'll be adding more cards as I create them, but here's a sample. I do realize this likely will be very overpowered and difficult for non banish decks to deal with. 

kxL4YiA.jpg

Nightmares Rise

Ritual Spell

This card is used to ritual summon "Shaelle, The Destroyer of Dreams". You must also banish, from your hand, "Shaelle, The Destroyer of Dreams". During your next Standby Phase, special summon one banished "Shaelle, The Destroyer of Dreams" in face up attack position and banish one card your opponent controls. 

6qnbe5v.jpg

Shaelle, The Destroyer of Dreams

Level 8

Light

Warrior / Ritual / Effect

ATK / 2800 DEF / 1800

This card must be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Nightmares Rise" and cannot be summoned by other ways. When this card is summoned, send all cards in your hand and your field except this card to the Graveyard. Also, banish all cards you draw for the next 3 turns. You can place one of your banished cards in the graveyard to negate the activation and effect of one of your opponents card effects and banish the card. If you have no cards banished at your End Phase, destroy this card.

pjSgZcr.jpg

Bribing the Unseen
Counter Trap
When your opponent activates a Spell or Trap card, banish 2 cards from your Graveyard to negate the activation and destroy the card.

giKTaXZ.jpg

Anchor of Banishment
Equip Spell
Activate this card by placing one of your opponent's banished cards into their hand, then target 1 of your banished monsters; Special Summon that target in Attack Position and equip it with this card. When this card is destroyed, banish the equipped monster.

1Xn7q4o.jpg

Magician of Eternity

Level 2
Light 

Spellcaster / Effect

ATK / 400 DEF / 800
FLIP: Add one of your banished Spell Cards to your hand.

6h3McqS.jpg

The 5th Dimension
Field Spell

Once per turn, either player can discard one card from their hand to banish one card in either player's Graveyard. (This is a quick effect.) Field Spell Cards cannot be activated. Field Spell Cards cannot be activated during the turn this card is destroyed.

I find the ritual spell really interesting, but it's not really a ritual spell. It's more like contract with exodia or rise of the snake deity. That said, pre-prep becomes a 1 card ritual monster. The wording on this thing means that you have to banish one "Dude's name" in order to summon another "Dude's name". How about changing it to a normal spell card, and the monster to something like "This card can only be special summoned by the effect of "Spell's name"".

The wording becomes easier too, it becomes "Banish 1 "Dude's name" from your hand. Special summon it during your next SP."

Wait... You can't summon this thing, because the ritual card doesn't say ritual summon, just special summon. You could summon 1 copy by banishing another, but you can't actually summon the banished copy. The wording is really weird on both cards. This card is simultaneously overpowered and terrible. I didn't think that'd be possible, but it is, in the case of this card. The way I see it, you run this in grave dependent decks like LS or infernoids, their effects require banishing as a cost, and this guy feeds off the banished cards by stopping your opponent from playing the game. 

To put it simply, it's the greatest, and most extreme "win more" card. If you survive this guy's summoning, congratulations, you have just won, else, this thing bricked your hand, and you don't summon it, because if you do, you just lost. I don't like this card. I don't think this is something that should exist, while it's not terribly broken, it is an extremely unhealthy card.

I don't think you expected this, but this doesn't help banish decks nearly as much as it helps decks that like putting half their deck in the graveyard turn 1. This card isn't support for anything. It's just a generic card, any deck can use it. That said, it isn't broken, but it is a great generic trap, if that counts for anything.

I feel like I would rather use DDR. I don't hate the card, but it requires your opponent to have a banished card, and that won't happen unless they went first or you banished something from their hand or deck or something. This means, if you go first, or if your opponent has no banished cards, it's useless. It's not terrible, but I'd rather play DDR. Besides, discarding something is almost always better than giving your opponent something.

A more situational magician of faith. It's not terrible, but not that many people play MoF to begin with.

This card is actually really interesting. It's closed forest and turns every card in both player's hands into DD crow. Only problem with this, I'm not an expert on rulings or anything, but the card seems to imply that the effect can only be activated once per turn, thus only one player can use it every turn. Since the turn player has priority, he can just chain this card to any card he played that would be screwed up by the card, then you can't use it's effect because it's OPT. I'm not expressively sure on this, but... How about something like

"During either player's turn, either player can discard 1 card from their hand to banish 1 card from either player's graveyard. Each player can only use this effect once per turn."

It's a lot less confusing that way.

Archived