Pokemon

Horu

With this set, I will be introducing Pokemon with Basic, Stage 1, Stage 2 and Mega subtypes. I'm posting here due to forum rules.

Anyway, these work just like Xyz monsters for the most part, aside from the fact that these go into the deck.

Some cards will be reworked to go into the Extra Deck since they would technically be fusions anyway.

Effect suggestions are welcome as always. I haven't found a way to inflict poison or burn damage yet.

The Evolution Summon is the same as the Evolution mechanic in the Pokemon TCG. The Stage 1, Stage 2, and Mega cards are placed in the main deck unless other wise stated. For Pokemon like Slowbro, Magneton, and Dugtrio, they are technically fusions of 2 or more pokemon and will be Evolution Summoned from the Extra Deck similar to how the Xyz Summon works. Generally, you start out with your Basic monster, then you overlay your Stage 1 if you have the proper material(s), then repeat the process with Stage 2 if possible.

So first, I would Summon something llike Bulbasaur, then overlay Ivysaur, then repeat the process with Venusaur. If I were lucky enough to equip a Mega Stone to Venusaur, I could then overlay a Mega Venusaur.

PC

Continuous Spell

Once per turn: you can shuffle and number of cards from your hand into your Deck and draw the same number of cards.

[spoiler=Gen 1]

[spoiler=Pokemon]

Bulbasaur

EARTH

Plant/Basic

400/400

Ivysaur

EARTH

Plant/Stage 1

1300/1200

"Bulbasaur"

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Evolution Summoned using the above material(s).

Venusaur

EARTH

Plant/Stage 2

2100/2000

"Ivysaur"

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Evolution Summoned using the above material(s).

Charmander

FIRE

Reptile/Basic

500/300

Charmeleon

FIRE

Reptile/Stage 1

1500/1000

"Charmander"

Charizard

FIRE

Reptile/Stage 2

3000/2000

"Charmeleon"

Squirtle

WATER

Reptile/Basic

300/500

Wartortle

WATER

Reptile/Stage 1

1200/1300

"Squirtle"

Blastoise

WATER

Reptile/Stage 2

2400/2600

"Wartortle"

Caterpie

EARTH

Insect/Basic

600/200

Metapod

EARTH

Insect/Stage 1

0/1600

"Caterpie"

Butterfree

WIND

Insect/Stage 2

1500/1000

"Metapod"

Weedle

EARTH

Insect/Basic

500/300

Kakuna

EARTH

Insect/Stage 1

0/1600

"Weedle"

Beedrill

WIND

Insect/Stage 2

1600/900

"Kakuna"

Pidgey

WIND

Winged Beast/Basic

500/300

Pidgeotto

WIND

Winged Beast/Stage 1

1800/1500

"Pidgey"

Pidgeot

WIND

Winged Beast/Stage 2

2600/2400

"Pidgeotto"

Ratatta

EARTH

Beast/Basic

500/300

Raticate

EARTH

Beast/Stage 1

1800/700

"Ratatta"

Spearow

WIND

Winged Beast/Basic

600/200

Fearow

WIND

Winged Beast/Stage 1

1900/1400

"Spearow"

Ekans

EARTH

Reptile/Basic

700/100

Arbok

EARTH

Reptile/Stage 1

2300/1000

"Ekans"

Pikachu

LIGHT

Beast/Stage 1

2000/1300

"Pichu"

Raichu

LIGHT

Beast/Stage 2

3000/2800

"Pikachu" + "Thunder Stone"

Sandshrew

EARTH

Beast/Basic

300/500

Sandslash

EARTH

Beast/Stage 1

1900/1400

"Sandshrew"

Nidoran♀

EARTH

Beast/Basic

300/500

Nidorina

EARTH

Beast/Stage 1

1200/1300

"Nidoran♀"

Nidoqueen

EARTH

Beast/Stage 2

2600/3200

"Nidorina" + "Moon Stone"

Nidoran♂

EARTH

Beast/Basic

500/300

Nidorino

EARTH

Beast/Stage 1

1300/1200

"Nidoran♂"

Nidoking

EARTH

Beast/Stage 2

3100/2700

"Nidorino" + "Moon Stone"

Clefairy

LIGHT

Fairy/Stage 1

1400/1700

"Cleffa"

Clefable

LIGHT

Fairy/Stage 2

2500/3300

"Clefairy" + "Moon Stone"

Vulpix

FIRE

Beast/Basic

500/300

Ninetales

FIRE

Beast/Stage 1

3000/2800

"Vulpix" + "Fire Stone"

Jigglypuff

LIGHT

Fairy/Stage 1

1300/2000

"Igglybuff"

Wigglytuff

LIGHT

Fairy/Stage 2

2300/3500

"Jigglypuff" + "Moon Stone"

Zubat

DARK

Winged Beast/Basic

300/500

Golbat

DARK

Winged Beast/Stage 1

1800/1300

"Zubat"

Oddish

EARTH

Plant/Basic

100/700

Gloom

EARTH

Plant/Stage 1

1400/1900

"Oddish"

Vileplume

EARTH

Plant/Stage 2

3100/2700

"Gloom" + "Leaf Stone"

Paras

EARTH

Insect/Basic

600/200

Parasect

EARTH

Insect/Stage 1

2000/1300

"Paras"

Venonat

EARTH

Insect/Basic

500/300

Venomoth

WIND

Insect/Stage 1

2500/1500

"Venonat"

Diglett

EARTH

Beast/Basic

500/300

Dugtrio

EARTH

Beast/Stage 1

1900/1300

"Diglett"

Meowth

EARTH

Beast/Basic

600/200

Persian

EARTH

Beast/Stage 1

2300/1700

"Meowth"

Psyduck

WATER

Aqua/Basic

500/300

Golduck

WATER

Aqua/Stage 1

2400/1600

"Psyduck"

Mankey

EARTH

Beast/Basic

700/100

Primeape

EARTH

Beast/Stage 1

2800/1200

"Mankey"

Growlithe

FIRE

Beast/Basic

500/300

Arcanine

FIRE

Beast/Stage 1

3200/2600

"Growlithe" + "Fire Stone"

Poliwag

WATER

Aqua/Basic

700/100

Poliwhirl

WATER

Aqua/Stage 1

1800/1500

"Poliwag"

Poliwrath

WATER

Aqua/Stage 2

2900/2900

"Poliwhirl" + "Water Stone"

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Evolution Summmoned using the above material(s).

Abra

DARK

Psychic/Basic

100/700

Kadabra

DARK

Psychic/Stage 1

1600/900

"Abra"

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Evolution Summoned using the above material(s). When control of this card changes: Evolution Summon 1 "Alakazam" from your opponent's hand or Deck.

Alakazam

DARK

Psychic/Stage 2

3000/2800

"Kadabra"

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Evolution Summoned by the effect of a face-up "Kadabra" whose control has been switched to your opponent. That "Kadabra" must be used as Evolution material for this card.

Machop

EARTH

Warrior/Basic

700/100

Machoke

EARTH

Warrior/Stage 1

2200/1100

"Machop"

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Evoution Summoned using the above material(s). When control of this card changes: Evolution Summon 1 "Machamp" from your opponent's hand or Deck.

Machamp

EARTH

Warrior/Stage 2

3500/3100

"Machoke"

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Evolution Summoned by the effect of a face-up "Machoke" whose control has been switched to your opponent. That "Machoke" must be used as Evolution material for this card.

Bellsprout

EARTH

Plant/Basic

600/200

Weepinbell

EARTH

Plant/Stage 1

1800/1500

"Bellsprout"

Victreebel

EARTH

Plant/Stage 2

3000/2800

"Weepinbell" + "Leaf Stone"

[spoiler=Evolution Stones]

Thunder Stone

Equip Spell Card

Equip to a Basic or Stage 1 monster you control. Evolution Summon 1 monster that from your hand or Deck that has both "Thunder Stone" and the equipped monster listed as material(s).

Moon Stone

Equip Spell Card

Equip to a Basic or Stage 1 monster you control. Evolution Summon 1 monster that from your hand or Deck that has both "Moon Stone" and the equipped monster listed as material(s).

Fire Stone

Equip Spell Card

Equip to a Basic or Stage 1 monster you control. Evolution Summon 1 monster that from your hand or Deck that has both "Fire Stone" and the equipped monster listed as material(s).

Leaf Stone

Equip Spell Card

Equip to a Basic or Stage 1 monster you control. Evolution Summon 1 monster that from your hand or Deck that has both "Leaf Stone" and the equipped monster listed as material(s).

Water Stone

Equip Spell Card

Equip to a Basic or Stage 1 monster you control. Evolution Summon 1 monster that from your hand or Deck that has both "Water Stone" and the equipped monster listed as material(s).

[spoiler=Fields]

Professor Oak's Lab

Field Spell

Special Summon 1 "Bulbasaur", "Charmander", "Squirtle", "Pikachu" or "Eevee" from your Deck.

Veridian Forest

Field Spell

All face-up Insect-Type monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF for each face-up monster your opponent controls.

Once per Turn: You can Special Summon 1 Insect-Type monster from your hand.

Pewter City Gym

Field Spell

All Rock-Type monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF for each card in your hand. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 Rock-Type monster from your hand.

Mt. Moon

Field Spell

All face-up Fairy-Type monsters on the field gain 300 ATK and DEF for each card in your hand. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Clefairy" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard. When this card leaves the field: Add 1 "Helix Fossil" or "Dome Fossil" from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler=Items]

PokéBall

Quick-Play Spell

Select 1 face-up monster your opponent controls and roll a six-sided die. If the Result is 1: The selected monster is added to your hand.

Potion

Spell Card

You gain 1000 Life Points.

Old Amber

Spell Card

Add 1 "Aerodactyl" from your Deck to your hand.

Helix Fossil

Spell Card

Dome Fossil

Spell Card

For one thing, you do have to explain how Evolution Summoning works, since we currently don't in the context of Yugioh. 

As for poison/burn damage being correlated into our mechanics:

• Poison could probably result in weakening the controlling player's LP every turn. Reflect the affected monster's ATK as damage, though it's up to you to determine an appropriate value.
  • Burn can weaken the opposing monster's stats, similar to Venom Swamp (though for playability reasons, you may have to use a set amount or increase it to half its ATK removed). Then, if it hits zero, destroy it.

Though, you would likely have to incorporate a counter thing to reflect that a monster has been Poisoned/Burned/Paralyzed/Sleep.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll get back to this project in a couple hours. After some more planning.

Aside from that, any complaints about the actual stats?

Added: Spearow, Fearow, Ekans, Arbok, Pikachu, Raichu and Thunder Stone.

I remember looking at those sets a while back. I like the overlay mechanic for evolution but I don't think it's worth the space in the Extra Deck. That's why I retained the mechanic but made them Main Deck cards.

Well, it doesn't help that Master Rule 4 made the Extra Deck space a lot tighter too, and one of the things I said about those cards are "why would one run them over a 2-mat like, say, Break Sword or something". Main Deck is a better choice though, since you can summon them en masse and not be locked. Only problem is you getting a brick hand. 

IDK, I would also suggest adding something that can alleviate those issues (if you do not have the appropriate Pokémon out to evolve on the field, and don't have dead cards). You could base this on the PC, I guess. (I mean, you can technically swap out in there)

Guest Yairnet

About the Evolution Stones, I suggest that when you create the eeveelutions, write in their text that they can only be Special Summoned by tributing Eevee while it is equipped with (the name of the evolution stone).

About their effects, I suggest that you change the effects to "equip only to a (their real type (grass, electric, etc....) ) Pokemon".

I also liked the idea that the Pokemon have a type and a secondary type (for example: Plant / Tuner). Keep it up :)

If you look at the cards like Nidoqueen, Wigglytuff, Raichu, or Ninetales, you'll see that the Evolution stone is included in the materials needed to summon them.

I decided to do it that way because it will narrow down the number of cards that would get jammed into the Extra Deck and just serve no purpose.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yairnet

I, Personally, don't think that the cards you created using the Evolution Stones like "Victreebel" should be fusion monsters, but I understand the mechanics of why you did it this way.

Also, put some effects on your cards. Just putting "Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Evolution Summoned using the above material(s)." make the cards dry and boring.

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 1 "Nidorina" equipped with "Moon Stone".

That's what I'd put, and its a lot easier to treat the evolution stones as Equip Spell Cards. And yeah, you should add some effects to your cards, since evey Pokemon is unique and has its own special abilities.

Yairnet, this set is based on Gen 1 when abilities weren't a thing. Also, the cards like Victreebel aren't fusion monsters. The materials listed are requirements to summon them. They act more as xyz monsters and use the same evolution mechanic as the Pokemon TCG.

Theflukeman93, the previous evolution isn't supposed to be used as a tribute. You're simply using the previous stage as evolution material to overlay the desired pokemon.

So ideally, you would summon Bulbasaur, then Evolution Summon Ivysaur via overlay, and repeat with Venusaur.

Archived