Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[DPR] Forecast Archetype, Summoning Natural Forces from the Side Deck?

Side Deck #DPR #DPR Archetypes

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Nekomata

Nekomata

The Sassiest Majespecter

• Members
  • 112 posts
    Last Visit Aug 14 2018 10:20 AM
  • Discord:Nekomata#3064
Prompt

Usually the Side Deck isn't a resource during the Duel. What about using it as a place where a few monsters can stay, appear for a turn, then come back?

(Like always, not sure about the OCG)

Side Deck Monsters

Main Deck Monsters

Spells and Traps

Also, if you've noticed: Wind/Water/Fire/Light are represented by the monsters, Dark by the Spells and Earth by the Traps.

Archetypes I've made so far

I'm also writing a Fanfiction! https://forum.yugioh...nion-cross-dpr/

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,409 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:57 AM

For starters, this should be in the experimental section because of the interaction with the Side Deck. Not too keen on the mechanic either because you are effectively using the Side deck as extra main deck space.

I guess an inherent disadvantage of this archetype is that you sacrifice you side deck, which mans less options for the different matchups in matches and tournaments.

Anyway, I find it as a rather complex archetype, difficult to evaluate, especially because of the use of the Side Deck as a toolbox of sorts. The Spell/Traps seem overpowering if you consider the Summon of Breeze, Stream and Lapillus will net you a +1 on Summon.

Posted Image

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

Posted ImagePosted Image
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 39,409 posts
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

The cards themselves aren't breaking any game mechanics other than the Side Deck, which is essentially used for tournament applications (and some extent of casual stuff) and normally you switch in-between; not DURING the game.

So yeah, while you did follow everything in Advanced, I do have to move it because of the Side Deck thing. Sorry about that.

Then again, considering this is used for DPR, how are you guys managing to make it work there?

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,409 posts

I realized this archetype is dangerous when played as techs or engine. Really, you can ditch the big monsters and just play the Field Spell, which benefits form Terraforming, Set Rotation, Fairy Dragon, etc., so you get to call Stream or Lapillus for 2 materials and a card destruction respectively. Or play a few of the maindeck monsters and Cataclysmic for searching the Field Spell and powering up your Side Deck Forecast into the Level7 of your choice.

Actually, Breeze and Cyclone would make for a handy engine on their own: Get the Field, Summon Breeze, Breeze gets Cyclone, drop Cyclone, and the float of Cyclone will get you another copy of the Field Spell as backup, or Earthquake for a power play. Not to mention the stun effect of Cyclone will let you make your follow-up plays more safely.

Posted Image

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
you are not alone.

Stand

Posted ImagePosted Image

Nekomata

Nekomata

The Sassiest Majespecter

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 112 posts
    Last Visit Aug 14 2018 10:20 AM
  • Discord:Nekomata#3064

Then again, considering this is used for DPR, how are you guys managing to make it work there?

On the DP you can force cards to be in the Extra Deck. Basically I've treated it as a Side Deck; so the Extra Deck can now contain those 4 Side Deck monsters, and since this Deck purposely doesn't run Extra Deck monsters, and you'll actually need a maximum of 5 Side Deck monsters (considering they automatically return to the Side Deck), I think it won't be an issue to run 10 ED monsters instead of 5.

I guess an inherent disadvantage of this archetype is that you sacrifice you side deck, which mans less options for the different matchups in matches and tournaments.

Yes. It is. But as I've said, having 5 cards just limits how many cards you run in the Side Deck.

Actually, Breeze and Cyclone would make for a handy engine on their own: Get the Field, Summon Breeze, Breeze gets Cyclone, drop Cyclone, and the float of Cyclone will get you another copy of the Field Spell as backup, or Earthquake for a power play.

Well, you're right, it might be too good. I think I've overpowered the cards because, well, this could brick (and it has bricked during testing). Maybe I should go for something like "You can only Special Summon "Forecast" monsters this turn", so that it works the intended way...

(Also Stream negates the effect, so it's just for swarming)

Archetypes I've made so far

I'm also writing a Fanfiction! https://forum.yugioh...nion-cross-dpr/

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,409 posts

(Also Stream negates the effect, so it's just for swarming)

Yes, it would be for swarming. 2 Level2s makes for a Rank2, with decent to good picks in there, a Link2, or use them for Link/Synchro laddering. And since both monsters will go back into the Side Deck, you don't have to worry about dead-drawing them or otherwise compromising the deck's playability.

Posted Image

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
you are not alone.

Stand

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users