Florida Inmate sues Florida, saying eating soy products is cruel and unusual punishment

SkaterTheDJWolf

A lot of this whole "soy is bad for you" thing is based on a misconception about the phytoestrogens it contains. Phytoestrogens have a similar/the same structure to human estrogen (which is why the scientists included the word estrogen in its name), but simply put are made of different stuff to human estrogen, and phytoestrogens don't affect the human body like estrogen does. 

fuckin' soy sauce: http://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/pdf

Obviously if you've got an allergy to soy that's whole other deal, but a lot of the health scares around soy are fabricated/overblown.

As a resident of Florida I support this lawsuit.

"Eric D. Harris, 34, who is serving a life sentence for sexual battery on a child, said the soy in his prison chow is threatening his health by endangering his thyroid and immune system."

I can't.  

edit: this is from 2011 d00d, you're a bit late.

I fixed the title for you bby <3

I thought this was one of your meme parody posts when I read the title

I did too lmao.

A lot of this whole "soy is bad for you" thing is based on a misconception about the phytoestrogens it contains. Phytoestrogens have a similar/the same structure to human estrogen (which is why the scientists included the word estrogen in its name), but simply put are made of different stuff to human estrogen, and phytoestrogens don't affect the human body like estrogen does. 

fuckin' soy sauce: http://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/pdf

Obviously if you've got an allergy to soy that's whole other deal, but a lot of the health scares around soy are fabricated/overblown.

I don't have an allergy too it but man, I straight up cannot eat soy sauce.  For some reason that sheet tastes like donkey butt.

As a resident of Florida I support this lawsuit.

"Eric D. Harris, 34, who is serving a life sentence for sexual battery on a child, said the soy in his prison chow is threatening his health by endangering his thyroid and immune system."

I can't.  

edit: this is from 2011 d00d, you're a bit late.

It's an old article, but I think it's interesting to learn someone tried to get out of sexually harassing a child by claiming he was being subjected to cruel and unusual punishment LOL.

funk that inmate theres some good sheet with soy in it. If you dont like soy and youre stuck in prison then deal with it, they gotta serve what they can serve and its not as bad for you as some people go on about.

Pretty sure that the soy allergy thing isnt of a problem either, I doubt that any prison would force an inmate with a soy allergy to eat stuff with soy in it.

I don't have an allergy too it but man, I straight up cannot eat soy sauce.  For some reason that sheet tastes like donkey butt.

Slightly off topic, but try different regions' versions.

For example, I cannot stand the Chinese take on soy sauce, but I love the Japanese take.

I fixed the title for you bby 

I did too lmao.

It's an old article, but I think it's interesting to learn someone tried to get out of sexually harassing a child by claiming he was being subjected to cruel and unusual punishment LOL.

I'd like to hear about your encounters with Donkey Butt tbh

Archived