Ban List Opinion ( next list post feb 5 2017 )

I really don't like the current format, we have had pendulum magicians for what feels like forever, spyrals are still in the meta, and trickstars are ridiculous in what they can do. I don't like the games that are caused by cards like electrumite, I think the card is ridiculous and should have been made to require metalfoes cards since it is a METALFOES monster. This would be a ban list that I would construct, mainly because astrograph sorcerer is too generic for his own good. Also, with the new cards coming off the banlist, namely bottomless and torrential, it would be neat to see other traps of the same power come off as well. 

Newly Forbidden

Astrograph Sorcerer

Spyral Resort

Newly Limited

Heavymetalfoes Electrumite

Trickstar Reincarnation

Newly Unlimited

Luster Pendulum the Dracoslayer

Compulsory Evacuation Device

Since it's a fake banlist anyway, let's bring back the following as well:

Stratos (Who even plays heros anymore)

Tribe infecting virus (Why is this still banned... Raigeki is legal...)

Morphing jar no 2 (Nobody even uses this thing)

Yata to 1 (CED has an errata, and this isn't even good anymore)

CED with said errata to 1

Construct (We got qli back, why not shaddoll)

Exciton (I miss this guy and chain. We have evenly matched and BRD, the OCG has this dude, it wouldn't make too many waves.)

Cold wave to 1 (Is this even that good anymore? I doubt it'd be main decked even if it were brought back, but it would be an amazing side deck card against paleo or magicians. Interesting card.)

Super poly (It's interesting. No other reason.)

Kaiser (Why not)

Elma to 1 (It's a 3 card combo... There's so many 3 card ftks in the game already, plus both ask and ogre can murder it.)

Time seal (Also a 3 card combo, and this one's even worse than the elma combo. We have drastic drop off anyway...)

Dustshoot to 1 (Why not)

Limited & semi limited cards:

Both Qli cards. Why not. They're not even that good anymore...

REDMD (I miss this thing)

Birdman (Why not)

Grand mole (Kaijus are better anyway)
Royal tribute (Gravekeepers 2018)

Wall of revealing light

Necroface

Mathematician

Hornet

Archetypes that would be viable with all their support, even tier 1 in some cases, which I feel would be interesting to cut loose. They don't necessarily deserve to be cut loose, I just wanna see their impact on the meta...

Wind-ups (It's almost half a decade, and wind ups might be viable with their old support. There is the hunter loop, but trickstar reincarnation exists, so...)

Necroz and monarchs (They are still good decks, and at full power, might contend with some of the current best decks. Can you imagine monarchs with 3 panthiesm? Necroz with djinn lock? )

Dragon rulers with super rejuvination (With all the blue eyes support, dark matter dragon, and grass, this is a definitive tier 1 deck. No living person is allowed to contest this.)

I tend to have a very liberal view when it comes to banlists. I want everything back... That being said, what about bringing back just 1 pot of greed, just for 1 format, like how we got snatch steal a while back. Might be interesting...

Since it's a fake banlist anyway, let's bring back the following as well:

Stratos (Who even plays heros anymore)

Tribe infecting virus (Why is this still banned... Raigeki is legal...)

Morphing jar no 2 (Nobody even uses this thing)

Yata to 1 (CED has an errata, and this isn't even good anymore)

CED with said errata to 1

Construct (We got qli back, why not shaddoll)

Exciton (I miss this guy and chain. We have evenly matched and BRD, the OCG has this dude, it wouldn't make too many waves.)

Cold wave to 1 (Is this even that good anymore? I doubt it'd be main decked even if it were brought back, but it would be an amazing side deck card against paleo or magicians. Interesting card.)

Super poly (It's interesting. No other reason.)

Kaiser (Why not)

Elma to 1 (It's a 3 card combo... There's so many 3 card ftks in the game already, plus both ask and ogre can murder it.)

Time seal (Also a 3 card combo, and this one's even worse than the elma combo. We have drastic drop off anyway...)

Dustshoot to 1 (Why not)

Limited & semi limited cards:

Both Qli cards. Why not. They're not even that good anymore...

REDMD (I miss this thing)

Birdman (Why not)

Grand mole (Kaijus are better anyway)

Royal tribute (Gravekeepers 2018)

Wall of revealing light

Necroface

Mathematician

Hornet

Archetypes that would be viable with all their support, even tier 1 in some cases, which I feel would be interesting to cut loose. They don't necessarily deserve to be cut loose, I just wanna see their impact on the meta...

Wind-ups (It's almost half a decade, and wind ups might be viable with their old support. There is the hunter loop, but trickstar reincarnation exists, so...)

Necroz and monarchs (They are still good decks, and at full power, might contend with some of the current best decks. Can you imagine monarchs with 3 panthiesm? Necroz with djinn lock? )

Dragon rulers with super rejuvination (With all the blue eyes support, dark matter dragon, and grass, this is a definitive tier 1 deck. No living person is allowed to contest this.)

I tend to have a very liberal view when it comes to banlists. I want everything back... That being said, what about bringing back just 1 pot of greed, just for 1 format, like how we got snatch steal a while back. Might be interesting...

As much is i like the concept of this list, there a few cards a dont agree with:

Yata/Time seal: blocking your opponent from a mechanic isnt healthy, true they arent what they used to be but the blocking is still easy to achieve.

Cold Wave: Sme reasoning, forbidding x player(s) to do something wont do any good, many decks nowdays are monster centric but that doesnt justufy its release at all

Elma: Doesnt have a hard OPT and easily abusable (even if just on paper), loopable cards shouldnt come back unless they are fixed (not killed like crush card though)

Necroface: this is just personal hate for Maju decks, but unless you are playing that; how would you feel facing it with face at 3 (ignoring potential banish from desires)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm over here wondering why the heck they made the Victory Dragon card in the first place

Yea, they should probably just errata it and take it off the banlist. You would just have to give it an errata that makes it so you cannot use it in a duel, just like all other match winners. 

Archived