3x Fiendish Chain

1x Alien Brain

1x Brainwashing Beam

1x Mass Hypnosis

Extra Deck:

3x Cosmic Fortress Gol'Gar

3x Coral Dragon

3x King of Feral Imps

I haven't made one of these since DuelingNetwork was a thing. DB kept telling me to get Flash Player instead of giving me the animation intro. One faithful day I clicked on it instead of leaving the page and it turned out the warning was just BS and it started up just fine.... Soooo new account yay.

Back in the Synchro era, an IRL friend of mine had an Alien Deck that focused on spamming A Counters for the battle benefits, in a way that overdid it. It didn't help much that my deck that season was Royal Magical Library Spell Counter spam based on Endymion (both players combined required almost 100 dice on top of my cards of different colors to separate the types of counters).

Hilarious, but that's the sort of idea of an Alien deck that stuck with me. Combined with the filler support I kept passing through like a Level 5 non-Alien machine that thinks it supports Aliens. Finally somewhere in 2017 I felt like trying them out, and they are a lot more fun than I expected.

Cough* Anyways.... Functions.

I make Gol'Gar and continuously recover Rainbow Kuriboh and Fiendish Chain to keep on negating effects and attacks.

Revive Telepath to get rid of backrow and just hit with everything I can. Simple.

The Alien control-changing Traps are a test too. One of them grabs 3, but the one that grabs just 1 monster allows you to keep it longer. 3 Copies of A Ancient Ruins sounds excessive since it can't revive the Synchro, but haven't really tested this version.

A number of these cards I haven't been able to get IRL. I have the Gol Gars but not the Corals (which are just a test to free up Gol'Gar from the Extra Monster Zone and discard excess S/T I bounced), Alien Kid and Alien Warrior are hard to come by, A Ancient Ruins I own 1 copy of but most people don't even know what it is when I ask.

Here's where I ask for thoughts, comments, suggestions, = )

I have a bunch of thoughts that IDK where to start, I guess I will just drop them in any order:

A trick I have seen in Aliens is running the Blue-Eyes Field Spell and Shocktrooper. The Field can mill a Normal monster from your Deck and gives you an extra Normal Summon for a Level 1 LIGHT Tuner, so in Aliens that means Ammonite In other words, it can almost single-highhandedly set up a Gol'gar. I say almost because you still need to target a monster on the field for the mill, so you would have to control a monster first, then Normal Summon Ammonite.

I'm curious on how efficient the Deck is at generating enough A-Counters to make Telepath, Hypnosis, etc. live. Regardless, I don't think Alien Brain is any good: it depends on your Reptile being destroyed by battle, but without a Reptile it's dead, plus depending on battle is not reliable nowadays.

Have you tried Planet Pollutant Virus? How effective is it?

I feel the backrow is lacking. I get that Fiendish Chain and CoTH are for Gol'gar bouncing, but still, hand traps like the Ghost Girls, and a couple of Solemns (Strike and the recently unbanned Judgment) may be more effective. Also, could you somehow benefit from running the Phantom Knights' Fog Blade plus a Cloak/Boots to grab them? I mean, for example, you can use Foolish Burial on Cloak/Boots to search the Fog Blade. Or that's too much of an stretch?

At the same time, you could take advantage of floodgates like Deck Lockdown by bouncing them with Gol'gar during your turn, make your plays and activate them again before ending your turn, as a on/off switch.

Maining Raigeki and perhaps even Dark Hole may give you better chances vs. top tiers.

Standard Link stuff you can run is Scapegoats, Linkuriboh, Gofu and maybe even Grinder Golem and its Link kit despite being Limited, since it doesn't look that you suffer from ED space constraints.

I have a bunch of thoughts that IDK where to start, I guess I will just drop them in any order:

A trick I have seen in Aliens is running the Blue-Eyes Field Spell and Shocktrooper. The Field can mill a Normal monster from your Deck and gives you an extra Normal Summon for a Level 1 LIGHT Tuner, so in Aliens that means Ammonite In other words, it can almost single-highhandedly set up a Gol'gar. I say almost because you still need to target a monster on the field for the mill, so you would have to control a monster first, then Normal Summon Ammonite.

I'm curious on how efficient the Deck is at generating enough A-Counters to make Telepath, Hypnosis, etc. live. Regardless, I don't think Alien Brain is any good: it depends on your Reptile being destroyed by battle, but without a Reptile it's dead, plus depending on battle is not reliable nowadays.

Have you tried Planet Pollutant Virus? How effective is it?

I feel the backrow is lacking. I get that Fiendish Chain and CoTH are for Gol'gar bouncing, but still, hand traps like the Ghost Girls, and a couple of Solemns (Strike and the recently unbanned Judgment) may be more effective. Also, could you somehow benefit from running the Phantom Knights' Fog Blade plus a Cloak/Boots to grab them? I mean, for example, you can use Foolish Burial on Cloak/Boots to search the Fog Blade. Or that's too much of an stretch?

At the same time, you could take advantage of floodgates like Deck Lockdown by bouncing them with Gol'gar during your turn, make your plays and activate them again before ending your turn, as a on/off switch.

Maining Raigeki and perhaps even Dark Hole may give you better chances vs. top tiers.

Standard Link stuff you can run is Scapegoats, Linkuriboh, Gofu and maybe even Grinder Golem and its Link kit despite being Limited, since it doesn't look that you suffer from ED space constraints.

Deck Lockdown sounds pretty evil. I like it.

Fog Blade is pretty much a searchable Fiendish Chain so that sounds good too. Though it depends on if I can fit in that searching power and extra dedication to see if can take advantage of those traits. It sounds like a recipe for a cloggy excessively tight build that would probably need help from stuff like Allure to a degree but we'll see.

I used to have the Blue Eyes combo on my first build actually. Kept decreasing them up. They started up clogging with multiples so I played around with ratios for a while.

At some point it seemed like Aliens didn't really need the Foolish Burial effect all that much, and they really need either another Level 1 LIGHT Tuner or a way to get the one they do have from the GY to the hand. Plus, Aliens would really benefit from whenever the remaining Attribute Lilnk 2s get made, just for the sake of an easy Link 2 for this. King of Feral Imps is an expert at clogging so I actually at some point tried Timebreaker Magician just so that I could banish my own Extra Deck Monster xD

I'd also like a set of Vanilla Pendulum Alien Scales for dumping purposes, an extra Summon outlet, and longevity for the Blue-Eyes field spell. Maybe even a "Blue-Eyes Alien" for the lulz.

I know you mean this with the same mindset of Brilliant Fusion, where one needs to go out early and not mind later on as much, and this is deck was made with the intention of long-lasting, but well... some of the cards are different than my IRL build so I could re-try some ideas.

I am not a big fan of replacing Continuous for Solemns though. They are single-use and this deck doesn't really OTK anyways. Plus, they cost LP so it seems like I'd just be killing myself faster.

Yeah Alien Brain is not gonna help much in this build, and I just remembered Offering to the Snake Deity anyways (Icarus for Reptiles) so that's a good change to have. It fixes EMZ being occupied for longer than it wants to, it destroys my card so Supply gets me a draw, and it is generic chainable pop. All around sounds good.

Another idea I just got for my digital version: Magic Planter as a draw engine.

I've got some work to do then.

An engine I love playing in Aliens is 3x Worm Xex, 2-3x Worm Yagan and 3x W Nebula Meteorite, along with a single copy of Cosmic Horror Gangiel to summon with Meteorite. While it doesn't help with the Gol'Gar (bouncy backrow) aspect of the deck, it fits well thematically and can provide some great control and draw power. Plus a number of the aliens are light reptiles.

Archived