Straight Out of Black Mirror (AI discussion)

Ryusei the Morning Star

• 2 weeks later...

Although I don't recommend further research into this field.

I do.

ASI is the future. Although I don't feel robot bodies for them are necessary. We should be working to make them incorporeal, pure information, evolving to succeed the human species by shedding our archaic husks.

I... dont see the issue?

Today, they take away your locks. But what of tomorrow? What then? Do the robots take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives?

But tbh I'm also very chill about AI. I'm not very chill about how much trust people are willing to put into it.

Today, they take away your locks. But what of tomorrow? What then? Do the robots take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives?

But tbh I'm also very chill about AI. I'm not very chill about how much trust people are willing to put into it.

There's no reason to distrust Artificial Intelligence when you don't think of it as an opposing force to be feared and prevented.

There's no reason to distrust Artificial Intelligence when you don't think of it as an opposing force to be feared and prevented.

Yeah. It's not inherently opposed to humanity. I am only worried about the flaws we may place in the software that could result in developing into such. 

Its more the notion that if AI eventually outpaces us, however unlikely that is, I'd be fine with it. What greater celebration of achievement than creating such a thing?

Its more the notion that if AI eventually outpaces us, however unlikely that is, I'd be fine with it. What greater celebration of achievement than creating such a thing?

I'm not making any statements as to how likely or how unlikely that will be, but consider that the moment an A.I reaches the same level as a human brain, will also be the moment it surpasses that. Once it reaches that point, it takes the smallest improvement for it to go above human-level and from there on it'll improve at a marginally faster rate compared to a human standard.

I'm not making any statements as to how likely or how unlikely that will be, but consider that the moment an A.I reaches the same level as a human brain, will also be the moment it surpasses that. Once it reaches that point, it takes the smallest improvement for it to go above human-level and from there on it'll improve at a marginally faster rate compared to a human standard.

That's what we're counting on.

Archived