Kyumi's First Archetype Challenge

xlArisenRoselx

OK. Never done this before, but I have always wanted to. So, before we get started, I just wanna say that this is not associated with the AGM, so u can use Links and other MR4 terms. I'm purposely making this a very loose, free range challenge, so newbies and pros alike can join in and enjoy it.

[spoiler=Prompt]

You must make an archetype, that uses 1 Summoning mechanic (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link). Pendulums are allowed in your archetype, but if u choose to center your archetype on a ton of Pendulums, u will have to cut back a bit on the other mechanic. You can name your archetype whatever u want, but keep in mind that it will be a part of the rubric. Another requirement is that whichever Summon mechanic u choose, must have a Dragon-type monster that u make in that mechanic, that doesn't belong to the archetype, but works well with it. (Preferably has the mechanic name, followed by "Dragon" at the end of the name. Ex: "Searing Claw Xyz Dragon")

[spoiler=Rules]

All regular YCM rules apply.

Anything I or a fellow judge says is law.

You must abide by the prompt, you may try to bend it a small bit, but if I or a judge says its too far, that's it.

The deadline is a week for each type of card. Monster, Spell/Trap, Extra Deck monsters.

[spoiler=Prize]

1. Everyone has to put in 1,000 points to enter. The winner gets the pot, or they get to put their archetype in my first ever card pack.

2. Second place gets whatever the first place winner didn't choose.

[spoiler=Rubric]

Literacy (25 point maximum): Did you read the prompt and give it what it asked for?

Creativity (25 point maximum): Did you go above and beyond the call of duty with unusual design choices, or the use of unexpected mechanics?

Balance (20 point maximum): Did you make something completely underwhelming, or stupid busted? If you did, you lose points here.

Interactivity (20 point maximum): Do your archetypal cards stick out around each other with little synergy? If they do, you lose points here.

OCG (10 point maximum): Did you use correct card text grammar? If you didn't, you lose points here.

Bonus Points (5 maximum): We'll give these if there's a specific reason to that isn't covered by the above- good card art, punny/meaningful names, etc. Potpourri the category, but we don't have to award any (and, in fact, we usually won't).

[spoiler=Judges]

@Kyumi Niusuki

[spoiler=Participants]

@@Krashkube

@@Perry Ellis.

@@Dova

And now for the notifications of people.

@@Draconus297

@@Eshai

@@The Nyx Avatar

@@Flash Flyer - Sakura

@@Sleepy

@Mr. Melon

@@Octosquid

@@Black D'Sceptyr

@@Dova

@@ChampionZero

Are there any size restrictions to the number of cards we make?

Good question. Try to keep it limited to about a maximum of 13 main monsters, 6 Spells, 6 Traps, and 5 Extra Deck monsters. Keep in mind these r just maximums, not requirements, and your Dragon does not count as one of your Extra Deck monsters. It is an Extra Deck monster, but the ones that count towards your maximum r the archetypal ones.

ill join too, do we have to claim an archetype now or can multiple people choose the same archetype?

We are building an archetype from scratch, with the requirements listed above.

If we somehow make the same archetype I'd be very surprised XD

Sure, why not.

If I choose to have Pendulums, and, let's say, Ritual, would I make a "Something-Eyes Ritual Pendulum Dragon"? Or can it just be 

"Ritual"?

It doesn't have to be an "-Eyes" monster at all. But, yeah, Ritual would be fine, or Pendulum would work too. As long as it has one of those in the name, then u should be fine.

So wait, when are the actual deadlines? You say a week for each Type of card, but from when? From when you started the competition?

A week from when I actually start the card making process. Right now we r still in the acceptance process, but I guess I can start the Main Monster stage now since we have three participants.

Archived