Stock Jockeys -Getting a Head Start on your Opponent- Update!

Perry Ellis.

And were off! Player "A" is in the lead with his "Stock Jockey" cards. These cards Folks, are a Fire Beast type  archetype where their goal is to help you gain a leg up on your opponent right from the start of the gun. these cards focus on locking  down your opponent's Zones prior to your opponent even playing any cards. A perfect deck to go first with!

[spoiler= Main Deck Monsters]

Stock Jockey Colt

FIRE | Level 3 | Beast | Effect

This card cannot be destroyed by card effects unless it is Main Phase 2. This card can attack your opponent directly. If this card inflicts battle damage, you can add 1 “Stock Jockey” monster from your Deck to the hand.

900/200

Writer’s Note: Each one of the Level 3’s has the effect that prevents them from card effect destruction until the Main phase 2. Colt is the monster searcher of the archetype. Due to his effect allowing you to search off of battle damage he can help turn your brick hands into combo starters by helping you special summon out on of the bigger monsters.

Stock Jockey Pony

FIRE | Level 3 | Beast | Effect

This card cannot be destroyed by card effects unless it is Main Phase 2. This card can attack your opponent directly. If this card inflicts battle damage, you can add 1 “Stock Jockey” Spell/Trap from your Deck to the hand.

800/200

Writer’s Note: Sine the monsters themselves do not contain their own win condition, the Spells/Traps are necessary for the archetype to get the win. Pony helps you get towards your win condition by helping you search out those cards.

Stock Jockey Maverick

FIRE | Level 4 | Beast | Effect

Your opponent cannot target this card with card effects unless it is Main Phase 2. If you control a face up “Stock Jockey” monster with a different name, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, target main monster zones equal to the number of “Stock Jockey” monster(s) on the field; While this card is face-up, monsters summoned to those zones are switched to face-down Defense Position and cannot change Battle Positions until your opponent’s next turn.

1400/200

Writer’s Note: Each one of the Level 4’s has the effect that prevents them from being targeted until the Main phase 2. Maverick is a quaking mirror force for your opponent’s monster’s first turn summon. While it’s effect is the weakest of archetype’s gimmick, I fell as though it definitely helps you control your opponent’s field a prevent them from ultimately attacking you on their turn, this is especial powerful when going second since your opponent remove Maverick through target removal.

Stock Jockey Mare

FIRE | Level 4 | Beast | Effect

Your opponent cannot target this card with card effects unless it is Main Phase 2. If you control a face up “Stock Jockey” monster with a different name, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, target Spell/Trap zones equal to the number of “Stock Jockey” monster(s) on the field; While this card is face-up, your opponent must Set Spell/Trap cards in those zones before activating them, and cannot activate them until their Main phase 2 after Setting them.

1300/200

Writer’s Note: Mare the Archetypal anti-spell fragrance, this effect might be too powerful but I think its evened out by the fact that the power of the effect depends on how many other Stock Jockey monsters you have.

Stock Jockey Dark Horse

FIRE | Level 6 | Beast | Effect

Your opponent cannot target this card with card effects unless it is Main Phase 2. If you control a face up 2 or more “Stock Jockey” monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. While this card is Face up on the field and you control no set cards, Set cards cannot change Positions or be activated.

1900/200

Writer’s Note: Dark Horse is a Denko Sekka for the archetype that even extends its effects to Set monsters. Dark Horse combos really well with both Mare and Maverick making it so your opponent has to set and pass.

[spoiler=Extra Deck Monsters New*]

Stock Jockey Break Maiden

Link 1 | FIRE | Beast | Effect

D

1 Fire monster

“Stock Jockey” monsters this card points to are unaffected by your opponent’s card effects. When this card is Special Summoned, Target Spell/Trap zone(s) on the field equal to the number of “Stock Jockey” monsters on the field. While this card is face-up on the field if a Spell/Trap is activated or Set in that zone(s), draw 1 card.

Writer's Note: I decided to give this archetype an easy link 1 to summon that would help increase draw power since I'm taking that off of Derby, this way you can end you combo summons of Stock Jockey monsters with a monster that can provide you with enough zones to potentially draw you 5 cards. 

Stock Jockey Mustang

Link 2 | FIRE | Beast | Effect

DL/D

2 “Stock Jockey” monsters

“Stock Jockey” monsters this card points to are unaffected by your opponent’s card effects. When this card is Special Summoned, Target Main Monster zone(s) on the field equal to the number of “Stock Jockey” monsters on the field. While this card is face-up on the field, monster(s) in those zones have their effects negated until the End Phase and monsters summoned to those zones cannot activate their effects the first turn they are Summoned.

Writer’s Note: the old Ace of the Archetype, Mustang helps you completely lock down your opponent’s field by negating monster effects. However, Mustang has a little bit more of an active effect by also allowing you to negate monsters’ effects currently on the field.

Edits: edited ocg

Stock Jockey Frontrunner

Link 3 | FIRE | Beast | Effect

L/D/R

2+ “Stock Jockey” monsters

If this card points to another “Stock Jockey” monster: both this card can “Stock Jockey” monsters this card points to are unaffected by your opponent’s card effects.  When this card is Special Summoned, you can target Main Monster or Spell/Trap card zones on the field equal to the number of “Stock Jockey” monsters on the field. While this card is face up on the field if a monster(s) is Summoned to that zone(s), banish the top card of your opponent's deck facedown equal to the number of cards in that zone(s) and if a card is place in that zone(s), and if you do Special Summon 1 "Stock Jockey"monster from your GY in Defense Position to a zone this card points to.

Writer's Note:  The New Ace monster of the Archetype, he has a devastating effect to be able to banish the top card of your opponent's deck and then increase your advantage by special summoning a "Stock Jockey" monster. this effect actually helps fuel his first effect too. 

[spoiler=Spells New*]

Stock Jockey Crown Derby

Field Spell

If a “Stock Jockey” monster(s) is Summoned, place 1 Derby Counter on this card; All “Stock Jockey” monsters gain 400 ATK for each Derby Counter on this card. You can remove 3 Derby Counters from this card: Target 1 card on your opponent’s side of the field, destroy it.

Writer’s Note: Crown Derby helps you extend your plays by giving you an extra draw at the cost of discarding a “Stock Jockey” card. This part of its effect really combos well with the other 2 Spells which gives your monster’s attack points and special effects during the Battle Phase.

Edits: - took away draw effect

Stock Jockey Triple Crown

Equip Spell

Target 1 “Stock Jockey” monster in your GY, Special summon that monster in Attack Position. While this card is equipped to a monster, that monster gains 1000 ATK and can attack twice per turn. You can only activate 1 “Stock Jockey Triple Crown” per turn.

Writer’s Note: Triple Crown has a 3-fold effect that allows you to recycle your Stock Jockeys in the G, gain attack and attack twice per turn, helping your monsters get over your opponent’s bigger bodied monsters

Stock Jockey Photo Finish

Quick Play Spell

Target 1 “Stock Jockey” monster you control, during damage calculation: the targeted monster’s ATK/DEF become equal to the ATK or DEF (whichever is higher) of the opponent’s battling monster +100. During your Main Phase (except the turn this card was sent to the GY), you can banish this card from your GY; Target 1 “Stock Jockey” monster you control, it can attack your opponent directly this turn.

Writer’s Note: I decided to further help out this archetype’s offensive capabilities in the Battle Phase by giving the archetype a moon mirror shield. Since most of the monsters have smaller bodies, I though a moon mirror shield effect would be good for the archetype while also making your opponent think twice about attacking your monsters. The second effect helps with your win condition of attacking your opponent directly.

Stock Jockey Blowout

Equip Spell

Target 1 “Stock Jockey” in your GY, Special Summon that monster in Attack Position. A monster equipped with this card cannot be destroyed by battle, and if it attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. You can only activate 1 “Stock Jockey Blowout” per turn.

Writer's Note:​ Another in archetype equip spell, this time this one focuses more on negation rather than offensive firepower like Triple Crown. 

Edits: Ocg Fixes

Nice formatting! It looks very gud, and is easy on the eyes.

Your MD monsters are very easy to get out, with your Level 4s and Level 6 having easy Summoning conditions, so you have speed down. Level 3s might be run at 2 of each at a minimum, considering they aren't as easy to vomit out, but they are the major searchers of the archetype, so...yeah. It'd be a shame if you went first though, which I thought these cards would be good at...? But whatever, your call. I don't quite understand Mare's main effect; does she force your opponent to play Spells in those specific Zones even if they have other free ones, or is it just IF your opponent does place a Spell/Trap in that zone, it has to be set first? Really, with your samey effects, there's not really much room for brokenness. Potential spamming out 2 or 3 Mustangs, but that's about it. Speaking of Mustang, you should probably specify Main Monster Zone for its effect, as your opponent's Extra Monster Zone is much more valuable than their Main Monster Zone. Anyway, it's not that much of a lock if you do end up going first, as your end is basically empty at this point.

Derby provides staying power in form of the ATK and removal, two things the archetype did lack up until now. Don't like the first effect, as you really need to keep up your hand in order to Summon your monsters, and discarding doesn't help you at all, but I don't know how to rework it. I'm sure you can think of something. While Triple Crown does Summon from your GY, you'll want to use that in tandem with your monsters sent from your field to the GY, so no reason to keep the discarding on the field. But, actually thinking about the card; wow. Okay, let's assume you open a Level 3, Level 4, Equip and Derby/Terraforming, and you are going second. Activate the Field Spell, then dump out your Level 3 and 4, and potentially any other Level 4/6 in your hand. Link Summon, then activate Triple Crown to grab your Level 3 from your GY. Your opponent now has at least one locked off zone, or one monster whose effect is negated, and your Field Spell has at least 4 Derby Counters on it, giving your monsters +1600 ATK each. Your Level 3 has an additional +1000 from your Equip, so we're looking at a minimum of a 3400 ATK monster...which can attack directly, can attack twice, and can search on battle damage. Wow, It's almost an OTK. This has a specific set-up, but it doesn't need much work...eh, it's probably fine. Photo Finish is a bad...finish...for the archetype, as you basically have the ATK probably dealt with with the rest of your monsters. It probably won't go amiss to have at least 1 of these bad boys, but still. Attacking directly isn't really need when you have your Level 3s, but it can help if you only have one of your more locky cards. Maybe it's not so bad, but it isn't as good as the other cards.

Interesting set, tbh. It's fast, and that was clearly your intention. What it lacks in keeping up your advantage it keeps in consitency, with most cards working well together. I could think of a Deck with these cards that plays quite well, and yeah, I think you did a good job with these cards.

OCG

"This card cannot be destroyed by card effects unless it is the Main Phase 2."

"If you control a face up “Stock Jockey” monster with a different name to this card, you can Special Summon this card from your hand."

There's a lot of flaws in regards to colons and semicolons, and while I do suggest you go look at the OCG/PSCT thread in the Advanced Singles section, here's a quick rundown:

Activating effects:

"Condition: Cost; effect."

Condition - When you can activate the card, and when it does activate. Ends with a colon. Capitalized.

Once per turn: ...

If you control no monsters (Quick Effect): ...

When this card is sent to the GY: ...

Cost - What you have to do in order to activate the card. Is completed when the card is activated, and includes targeting (which isn't technically a cost). Ends with a semicolon. Capitalized.

If this card is added to your hand: You can discard 1 card; ...

Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP, then target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; ...

Effect - What happens when the card or effect resolves. Can follow a colon, or semicolon, and is only capitalized if following a colon.

When you draw this card, except during your Draw Phase: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.

During your opponent's turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; send it to the GY, and if you do, add this card to your hand.

If an effect has no colon or semicolon, it is a assumed to not be an activating effect. Examples include your protection except during the MP2 on your card, or "All face-up monsters you control gain 500 ATK." They simply apply, and do not start a chain.

Nice formatting! It looks very gud, and is easy on the eyes.

Your MD monsters are very easy to get out, with your Level 4s and Level 6 having easy Summoning conditions, so you have speed down. Level 3s might be run at 2 of each at a minimum, considering they aren't as easy to vomit out, but they are the major searchers of the archetype, so...yeah. It'd be a shame if you went first though, which I thought these cards would be good at...? But whatever, your call. I don't quite understand Mare's main effect; does she force your opponent to play Spells in those specific Zones even if they have other free ones, or is it just IF your opponent does place a Spell/Trap in that zone, it has to be set first? Really, with your samey effects, there's not really much room for brokenness. Potential spamming out 2 or 3 Mustangs, but that's about it. Speaking of Mustang, you should probably specify Main Monster Zone for its effect, as your opponent's Extra Monster Zone is much more valuable than their Main Monster Zone. Anyway, it's not that much of a lock if you do end up going first, as your end is basically empty at this point.

Derby provides staying power in form of the ATK and removal, two things the archetype did lack up until now. Don't like the first effect, as you really need to keep up your hand in order to Summon your monsters, and discarding doesn't help you at all, but I don't know how to rework it. I'm sure you can think of something. While Triple Crown does Summon from your GY, you'll want to use that in tandem with your monsters sent from your field to the GY, so no reason to keep the discarding on the field. But, actually thinking about the card; wow. Okay, let's assume you open a Level 3, Level 4, Equip and Derby/Terraforming, and you are going second. Activate the Field Spell, then dump out your Level 3 and 4, and potentially any other Level 4/6 in your hand. Link Summon, then activate Triple Crown to grab your Level 3 from your GY. Your opponent now has at least one locked off zone, or one monster whose effect is negated, and your Field Spell has at least 4 Derby Counters on it, giving your monsters +1600 ATK each. Your Level 3 has an additional +1000 from your Equip, so we're looking at a minimum of a 3400 ATK monster...which can attack directly, can attack twice, and can search on battle damage. Wow, It's almost an OTK. This has a specific set-up, but it doesn't need much work...eh, it's probably fine. Photo Finish is a bad...finish...for the archetype, as you basically have the ATK probably dealt with with the rest of your monsters. It probably won't go amiss to have at least 1 of these bad boys, but still. Attacking directly isn't really need when you have your Level 3s, but it can help if you only have one of your more locky cards. Maybe it's not so bad, but it isn't as good as the other cards.

Interesting set, tbh. It's fast, and that was clearly your intention. What it lacks in keeping up your advantage it keeps in consitency, with most cards working well together. I could think of a Deck with these cards that plays quite well, and yeah, I think you did a good job with these cards.

Thank you for the review! I'm glad that you liked it. after taking a look at the ocg I went back and I think I fixed it. 

if you have time I added some new Links and an equip spell too. 

I wasn't suggesting remove the discard-to-draw effect on Derby, but simply make it less painful for you to use. Now with Blowout, I suppose your GY is becoming more accessible anyway, so...yeah. Blowout is semi-decent for a wall, and fortunately the UTL clause on the monster attacking or being attacked doesn't make it completely outclassed by crown for the OTK purposes of this archetype. However, the entire effect on Blowout is a bit confusing, so I would suggest it like this: "A monster equipped with this card cannot be destroyed by battle, and if it attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step." because right now you do not specify when the prevention of cards or effects actually happens.

Maiden is absolutely beautiful, as it potentially allows you to draw a card after each Spell/Trap activation, but unfortunately...that makes it dangerous. In any Deck, particularly Beast decks, if you manage to splash in 2 Level 4 Stock Jockeys (they SS from hand), you get access to a draw every time you activate a Spell/Trap Card. Considering the lack of direct support for the Type, I think its fine for now, but something to take into consideration if you add to their speed. Frontrunner is pretty powerful, but not too much so. It heavily eats into your opponent's resources and has major protection,  but your opponent can still get around it, which is nice. Sort of like a permanent Maxx "C" in a way. However, in his text, he banished cards face-down "equal to the number of cards in that zone". I mean, outside of Xyz, you can only have 1 card in a Zone. Did you mean something else?

I wasn't suggesting remove the discard-to-draw effect on Derby, but simply make it less painful for you to use. Now with Blowout, I suppose your GY is becoming more accessible anyway, so...yeah. Blowout is semi-decent for a wall, and fortunately the UTL clause on the monster attacking or being attacked doesn't make it completely outclassed by crown for the OTK purposes of this archetype. However, the entire effect on Blowout is a bit confusing, so I would suggest it like this: "A monster equipped with this card cannot be destroyed by battle, and if it attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step." because right now you do not specify when the prevention of cards or effects actually happens.

Maiden is absolutely beautiful, as it potentially allows you to draw a card after each Spell/Trap activation, but unfortunately...that makes it dangerous. In any Deck, particularly Beast decks, if you manage to splash in 2 Level 4 Stock Jockeys (they SS from hand), you get access to a draw every time you activate a Spell/Trap Card. Considering the lack of direct support for the Type, I think its fine for now, but something to take into consideration if you add to their speed. Frontrunner is pretty powerful, but not too much so. It heavily eats into your opponent's resources and has major protection,  but your opponent can still get around it, which is nice. Sort of like a permanent Maxx "C" in a way. However, in his text, he banished cards face-down "equal to the number of cards in that zone". I mean, outside of Xyz, you can only have 1 card in a Zone. Did you mean something else?

for derby I just took it away so that I would have another effect for my monsters while taking away a negative from the card overall.  thanks for the ocg catch on Blow out and ya, I intend for triple crown to be the stronger equip as of now but I thought hey if the only way to destroy these guys before the main phase 2 (at least typically) is through battle that they should get some sort of defensive  equip to help get through back row heavy decks.

I happy you liked Maiden! and ya I se what you mean do you think that the requirement should be changed to a Stock Jockey monster to limit the amount of monsters that can summon this thing?

for derby I just took it away so that I would have another effect for my monsters while taking away a negative from the card overall.  thanks for the ocg catch on Blow out and ya, I intend for triple crown to be the stronger equip as of now but I thought hey if the only way to destroy these guys before the main phase 2 (at least typically) is through battle that they should get some sort of defensive  equip to help get through back row heavy decks.

I happy you liked Maiden! and ya I se what you mean do you think that the requirement should be changed to a Stock Jockey monster to limit the amount of monsters that can summon this thing?

Actually, just have it select Spell/Trap Zones equal to the number of "other "Stock Jockey" monsters you control", so it's less splashable, but still useful in deck medleys.

Archived