[Starter Deck 2018] Cyverse Monsters/Support

1518584445872.png

Pentestag Dark Cyberse / Link / Effect Link 2 1600 / T B 2 Effect Monsters (1) If a linked monster you control attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage.

Widget Kid Earth Cyberse / Effect LV3 1500/900 You can only use this card name's effect once per turn. (1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Cyberse monster from your hand in Defense Position.

RecoverWhiteHat.png?resize=300%2C207

ST18-JP004 Cyberse Whitehat

Level 6 LIGHT Cyberse Effect Monster

ATK 1800

DEF 2400

You can only Special Summon 1 card with this card name with the way written in its (1) effect per turn.

(1) If you control 2 or more monsters with the same Type, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).

(2) If this card is sent to the GY as a Link Material: You can activate this effect; all monsters your opponent controls lose 1000 ATK until the end of this turn.

ST18-JP021 Cybnet Recover / Cynet Recover

Continuous Spell Card

You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.

(1) If a Link Monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or by an opponent’s card effect: You can target 1 monster in your GY, except a Link Monster; Special Summon it in Defense Position.

Not exactly a fan of Pentestag. It seems extremely underwhelming. It's markers could be useful, but the top marker is useless, other than providing your opponent with a new area for an extra deck monster. If it had an effect to utilize taking advantage of that, it could be better.

Widget Kid seems to show promise. Cyberse r getting known for Summon spamming, and this helps achieve that goal very well. Also, I really like the card art here. Usually I don't use that when judging a card, but it is noteworthy here. Stats seem good, especially for a Level 3, and everything can work nicely with it. 8/10 IMO

(Winter, could you modify the OP in the future for added stuff?)

• Widget Kid is nice, save for the Defense Position part. It's making plays for Link Summoning, so can't argue with it. 
  • Iffy on Pentestag; piercing isn't a bad thing, but I'm not keen on it having the Up marker in the EMZ. Least it just requires stuff to be linked and not explicitly to this card, so... In all, IDK about this.
  • Whitehat is fine, since you're probably going to have 2 of the same Type anyway out on most occasions. Stat drop thing is fine.
  • Recover's okay, I guess. Least you can get another monster back (idk, probably non-Link you used to summon that destroyed monster or something to avoid the EMZ rules.)

Now to wonder what the cover card will be [likely another Code Talker monster].

Pentestag is alright, if you want more options for an Up and Down link, this can work for you, too bad it can't also itself inflict piercing damage, unless the linked also refers to itself here, not sure if that's the translation being weird or what.

Widget Kid, wow this is great, no Level restriction, is an "if" so never need to worry about Chains being messed up on Special Summon, doesn't negate its effect, can get another copy of itself (though OPT so won't matter, but still for Rank 3s). It's in Defense Position, but 99/100 will you use use it as material anyway. Will slide right in my Cyberse Deck for sure.

Whitehat, well I feel that Cyberse have a lot of cards that can more easily be Special Summoned than this, and as it wants to be used as material you don't want to battle with it. 1000 ATK loss can be nice for low LINK monsters to get over some things, and it works well in other type specific Decks as well. Could have slight use.

Recover, interesting but slow, works well with other kinds of ED monsters, but your opponent would most likely take out the Link first for that. I wish it wored for each copy of this card instead, don't think that would be too powerful.

The up arrow isn't a downside. If you have a link monster in EMZ that points downward, such as Firewall Dragon, placing this in the MMZ beneath it will then grant piercing damage to Firewall.

Too bad it still doesn't funking do anything. Considering security dragon has the same arrows, is more generic, and has a better effect, things aren't spelling well for Pentestag. Maybe being DARK will help it in the future, but even then I think most applications for "easy to summon DARK cyberse link 2" would prefer Underclock taker.

The up arrow isn't a downside. If you have a link monster in EMZ that points downward, such as Firewall Dragon, placing this in the MMZ beneath it will then grant piercing damage to Firewall.

Too bad it still doesn't f***ing do anything. Considering security dragon has the same arrows, is more generic, and has a better effect, things aren't spelling well for Pentestag. Maybe being DARK will help it in the future, but even then I think most applications for "easy to summon DARK cyberse link 2" would prefer Underclock taker.

Isn't a "linked monster" just a monster that either an arrow is pointing at or that an arrow that monster has is pointing at another monster?

Archived