[Witten] Self-Destroying Archetype (15/15)

TheTrueSaiyan

As the name suggests, this deck is based on destroying your own cards for effects. They also have the mechanic of destroying monster to Ritual Summon their monsters which allows them to trigger their effects.

Ultimately this deck wants to get their lowest level ritual monster (Goddess) and go up from there to build a big board.

Also "Self-Destroying" refers to the non-Ritual monster while "Self-Destructing" refers to the Ritual monsters and Ritual Spells if you are wondering why I switch between them and "Self-Des"

Also, thee rituals may, or may not be loosely inspired by a certain Anime.

[spoiler=Monsters]

Self-Destroying Blunt Lancer
FIRE - Level 2
Warrior/Effect
(1) You can destroy this card and 1 other "Self-Des" card in your hand, and if you do, draw 2 cards.
You can only use this effect of "Self-Destroying Blunt Lancer" once per turn.
ATK 200 / DEF 600

Self-Destroying Maverick Thief
WATER - Level 2
Warrior/Tuner/Effect
(1) When a card or effect is activated that targets a "Self-Des" card(s) (Quick Effect): You can destroy this card in your hand; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card. 
(2) If this card is in your GY, excpet during the turn it was sent there, if a "Self-Des" monster is destroyed: You can Special Summon this card from your GY in Defense Position.
You can only use each effect of "Self-Destroying Maverick Thief" once per turn.
ATK 400 / DEF 1200

Self-Destroying Stealthless Assassin
WIND - Level 3
Warrior/Effect
(1) If this card is Normal Summoned: Target 1 card on each side of the field; Destroy both cards.
(2) If this card is destroyed by a card effect: Excavate the top 3 card of your deck and destroy all "Self-Des" cards revealed and place the rest on the bottom of your deck in any order.
You can only use each effect of "Self-Destroying Stealthless Assassin" once per turn.
ATK 1000 / DEF 500

Self-Destroying Devoted Paladin
LIGHT - Level 3
Warrior/Tuner/Effect
(1) Once per turn; You can destroy 1 "Self-Des" card in your hand, and if you do draw 1 card
(2) If this card is destroyed by a card effect: Special Summon this card to your opponent's field, and if you do, you can Special Summon 1 "Self-Destroying" monster from your GY.
(3) You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck.
You can only use each effect of "Self-Destroying Devoted Paladin" once per turn.
ATK 0 / DEF 1500

Self-Destroying Demonic Priest
DARK - Level 5
Zombie/Effect
(1) You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or GY) by destroying 1 "Self-Des" card you control or in your hand.
(2) You can target 4 "Self-Des" card in your GY; Shuffle them into your deck and Draw 1 card.
(3) If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You can destroy 1 "Self-Des" card you control or in your hand, Draw 1 card. If this card destroyed was a Ritual Summoned monster, Draw 2 cards instead.
You can only use each effect of "Self-Destroying Demonic Priest" once per turn.
ATK 2000 / DEF 0

Self-Destroying Autonomous Golem
EARTH - Level 7
Rock/Effect
(1) You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or GY) by destroying 2 "Self-Des" cards you control or in your hand.
(2) You can destroy 1 card you control, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Self-Destroying" monster from your GY.
(3) If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You can add 1 "Self-Des" monster from your Deck to your hand.
You can only use each effect of "Self-Destroying Demonic Priest" once per turn.
ATK 2400 / DEF 1800

[spoiler=Ritual Monsters and Ritual Spells]

I made it so that both the ritual monster and ritual spell are searchable by Pre-Preparation of Rites similar to Vendreads. That card is just too good to pass up.

Self-Destructing Incompetent Magician
FIRE - Level 9
Spellcaster/Ritual/Effect
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Self-Destructing" Ritual Spell Card.
(1) This card cannot be destroyed by battle and your opponent takes all battle damage from attacks involving this card, but must attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each.
(2) Once per turn (Quick Effect): you can destroy 1 "Self-Des" you control or in your hand; add 1 "Self-Des" card from your deck to your hand.
(3) If this Ritual Summoned card is Destroyed; You can destroy 1 card in your hand, and if you do, add this card to your hand.
3700/0
You can only use each effect of "Self-Destructing Incompetent Magician" once per turn.

Self-Destructing Explosion
Spell - Ritual
This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Self-Destructing" Ritual Monster. Destroy monsters from your hand or field, and/or shuffle "Self-Destroying" monsters from your Graveyard into your deck, then Ritual Summon 1 "Self-Destructing" Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level exactly equals the total Levels of those monsters. 
If "Self-Destructing Incompetent Magician" declares an attack: You can banish this card from your GY; Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Battle Phase. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effect in response to this effect's activation.

Self-Destructing Masochistic Crusader
EARTH - Level 7
Warrior/Ritual/Effect
(1) Other cards you control are unaffected by your opponent's card effects.
(2) Once per turn: You can Banish 1 "Self-Destroying" monster from your GY; Special Summon it during the End Phase.
(3) If this Ritual Summoned card is Destroyed; You can add 1 "Self-Des" monster from your GY, and 1 "Self-Des" Spell/Trap card from your deck to your hand.
You can only use each effect of "Self-Destructing Masochistic Crusader" once per turn.
ATK 2100 / DEF 3000

Self-Destructing Broken Armour
Spell - Ritual
This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Self-Destructing" Ritual Monster. Destroy monsters from your hand or field, then Ritual Summon 1 "Self-Destructing" Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level exactly equals the total Levels of those monsters. If you destroy a "Self-Des" Spell/Trap, you can also destroy 1 "Self-Des" monster from your deck. If "Self-Destructing Masochistic Crusader" is destroyed: You can add this card from your GY to your hand.

Self-Destructing Useless Goddess
WATER - Level 5
Fairy/Ritual/Effect
(1) During either player's turn; You can destroy this card in your hand, then target 1 "Self-Des" monster you control, it gains 2000 ATK until the end of this turn.
(2) While this card is Face-up on the field, if you would Ritual Summon a "Self-Destructing" Ritual monster with a card effect that requires the use of monsters, This card can be used as the entire requirement
(3) If this Ritual Summoned card is Destroyed; You can add "Self-Des" monsters from your deck to your hand whose total levels equals 5.
You can only use each effect of "Self-Destructing Useless Goddess" once per turn.
ATK 1800 / DEF 1400

Self-Destructing Party Tricks
Spell - Ritual
This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Self-Destructing" Ritual Monster. Destroy monsters from your hand or field, then Ritual Summon 1 "Self-Destructing" Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level equals or is lower the total Levels of those monsters. If you would destroy "Self-Destructing Useless Goddess", you can destroy 1 monster from your Extra Deck as well. 
You can only use each effect of "Self-Destroying Stealthless Assassin" once per turn.

[spoiler=Spell and Traps]
Self-Despairing Assignment
Spell - Normal
If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You can add 1 "Self-Destructing" Ritual Monster and 1 "Self-Destructing" Ritual Spell card from your deck to your hand.

Self-Describing Challenges 
Trap - Normal
Destroy 1 "Self-Des" card you control, and if you do, destroy 2 cards your opponent controls.
If this card is in your GY: You can Destroy 1 "Self-Des" monster in your hand, and if you do, add this card to your hand
You can only activate 1 "Self-Describing Challenges" per turn.

Self-Descending Mission
Trap - Continous
Once per turn, if a "Self-Des" card is destroyed, you can add 1 "Self-Des" card from your deck to your hand.
If this card is destroyed by a card effect; You can set this card to your side of the field.
You can only use each effect of "Self-Descending Mission" once per turn.

EDIT: HOPT Lancer and Ritual Spells have more versatility 

EDIT2: Modified some types, attributes and samll changes to effects

I like them but I have a few critiques 

Fire kings already had the whole self-destruction gimmick, kinda feels like these guys are getting a bit in their gimmick. Not to mention they could be a bit broken when abused with fire kings splashed in. Especially with how easily the destroy effects go off here.

Blunt lancer seems like a bit of an issue. Two for two seems good on paper but that other monster is gaining advantage. You could get ludicrous advantage off it. Not to mention it isn't a opt, and it really should be. Most draw effects are for a very good reason. You could also combine it with demonic priest to get an insane draw 4 effect + any other destruction effects. Even Fluffal wing cant get that much advantage.

Incomipent magician has a free board wipe for almost no cost. Summoning her isn't difficult in the deck and she is super easy to abuse. Field wipes shouldn't be a summon effect unless that monster is difficult to bring out, or has some other prerequisite.

The last comment I would make is that all of the ritual spell cards seem to have the exact same summoning effect. They should have something different. Nekroz and Ghiskis are good examples of various ways to do ritual summing. Different graveyard effects aren't really making them unique

Another complaint I have as a whole is the lack of a theme in the typing; no consistent type, attribute or level. It makes supporting these guys a chore and getting out one of the element links is difficult with the attribute issues as is type reliant XYZs.

I like the deck don't get me wrong and I do like to see a bit of love for fire kings. I think a few changes here and there could fix these guys.

I like them but I have a few critiques 

Fire kings already had the whole self-destruction gimmick, kinda feels like these guys are getting a bit in their gimmick. Not to mention they could be a bit broken when abused with fire kings splashed in. Especially with how easily the destroy effects go off here.

IMHO opinion they are very different from Fire Kings, Fire Kings are more concerned with the monsters being destroyed on the field, unlike this deck.

And outside of Island and Garunix, there isn't much Synergy. And if you do splash in them then the deck basically becomes Garunix turbo since Garunix destroys your board for little benefit so you can't play the "Self-Des" half effectively.

The "Fire Kings" won't trigger off the destruction of "Self-Des" monsters and a lot of the "Self-Des" card can't destroy the Fire Kings.

Fire Kings isn't the only deck with a "self-destruction gimmick", there are Metalfoes, Yang-Zing, and Scrap (and all those pendulum archetypes that blow up their scales). I feel that this deck is different enough from them with Rituals and the way they operate

Blunt lancer seems like a bit of an issue. Two for two seems good on paper but that other monster is gaining advantage. You could get ludicrous advantage off it. Not to mention it isn't a opt, and it really should be. Most draw effects are for a very good reason. You could also combine it with demonic priest to get an insane draw 4 effect + any other destruction effects. Even Fluffal wing cant get that much advantage.

Missed that, Made it HOPT like you suggested. It's meant to be a power card for the deck and it's locked into the Archetype so it should be fine.

Incomipent magician has a free board wipe for almost no cost. Summoning her isn't difficult in the deck and she is super easy to abuse. Field wipes shouldn't be a summon effect unless that monster is difficult to bring out, or has some other prerequisite.

The last comment I would make is that all of the ritual spell cards seem to have the exact same summoning effect. They should have something different. Nekroz and Ghiskis are good examples of various ways to do ritual summing. Different graveyard effects aren't really making them unique

Well, she does enough so I'll still be happy with worse floating effect. Nerfed it.

I'll admit it would be more interesting if each of the ritual spells did something different. Edited them to have additional effects.

Another complaint I have as a whole is the lack of a theme in the typing; no consistent type, attribute or level. It makes supporting these guys a chore and getting out one of the element links is difficult with the attribute issues as is type reliant XYZs.

I like the deck don't get me wrong and I do like to see a bit of love for fire kings. I think a few changes here and there could fix these guys.

This deck doesn't even use the Extra deck, so why would it want to go into the Elemental Links? Their main purpose is to open up more zones.

But I can see what you're getting at, but they are supposed to be a ragtag group of adventures so making them all 1 attribute/Type would go against that theming. It would also go against Paladin's effect.

Even then we have the Troymares and which may be better than the elemental Links, along with "Ib the World Chalice Priestess" and "Aleister the Meltdown Invoker". There is also "Pot of Dichotomy" if you really need support.

And "Dark Doriado" can stack your deck to get the most out of Assassin's effect. 

It's not like the fact they're all over the place is hurting them too much, even helps them in some ways.

Archived