A Ritual monster that would work in both Blue-Eyes and Red-Eyes

Hiendershvek_

Hello everyone, I hope the day is treating you well. One day whilst thinking to myself, I thought it would be cool if there was a good ritual monster that would work in both blue eyes and red eyes, so I ended up creating this. Tell me what you think and whether you think it's too strong or not. Anyways have a nice day! ;)

5G4mR4e.jpg
Effect: This card's original Level is also treated as 7 while it is on the field or in the hand. You can Ritual Summon this card with "Powerful Potential". Must be Ritual Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Ritual Summoned: you can banish 1 LIGHT or DARK monster from your hand or GY; Special Summon 1 LIGHT or DARK Dragon-Type Synchro monster from your Extra Deck, depending on the attribute used to activate this effect. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. You can target 1 of your banished LIGHT or DARK monsters; add it to your hand or shuffle it into the Deck. You can only use each effect of "Red-Eyes Blue Dragon" once per turn, and only once that turn.

jKLW8zY.jpg
Effect: This card is used to Ritual Summon "Red-Eyes Blue Dragon". You must also banish 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" or "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" from your hand or GY. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: you can banish this card, then target 1 of your banished LIGHT or DARK monsters; Special Summon it, but it cannot attack, also its effects are negated until the End of this turn.

Would summoning a Fusion Monster not be more appropriate given the only printed Synchro Red-Eyes and Blue-Eyes have between them is Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon, and they both rely heavily on Fusion? Given that aside from being a 3k beatstick this thing only really makes Summoning plays, probably only once before its destroyed (if I'm even getting it right that you can use the Special Summon more than once: it might be more clear phrased as either "When this card is Ritual Summoned..." if its only supposed to be used once or "If this card was Special Summoned" if it's part of the once per turn deal.) I don't think the Blue-Eyes/Red-Eyes Fusion boss monsters should really be off-limits given how much of a pain Ritual Summoning is to do, and how potentially brick-y it can be.

Another syntax thing I'd have done differently is that I'd have phrased:

you can banish 1 LIGHT or DARK monster from your hand or GY; Special Summon 1 LIGHT or DARK Dragon-Type Synchro monster from your Extra Deck, depending on the attribute used to activate this effect.

as

you can banish 1 LIGHT or DARK monster from your hand or GY; Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type Synchro monster of the same Attribute from your Extra Deck.

because the way you have it I wasn't 100% sure on the meaning on first read through.

Overall I think it's cool, but it'd be cooler if it combined elements of the Blue-Eyes (although it does rely on banishing I guess which is pretty common in Blue-Eyes) and Red-Eyes gimmicks and playstyles rather than just being a 2-part Summoning Play, and I think it's a little bit weird that by the name of the card it benefits from Red-Eyes support but not from Blue-Eyes support, so I'd probably either change the name add a line to the effect saying that it's treated as a Blue-Eyes monster.

Would summoning a Fusion Monster not be more appropriate given the only printed Synchro Red-Eyes and Blue-Eyes have between them is Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon, and they both rely heavily on Fusion? Given that aside from being a 3k beatstick this thing only really makes Summoning plays, probably only once before its destroyed (if I'm even getting it right that you can use the Special Summon more than once: it might be more clear phrased as either "When this card is Ritual Summoned..." if its only supposed to be used once or "If this card was Special Summoned" if it's part of the once per turn deal.) I don't think the Blue-Eyes/Red-Eyes Fusion boss monsters should really be off-limits given how much of a pain Ritual Summoning is to do, and how potentially brick-y it can be.

Another syntax thing I'd have done differently is that I'd have phrased:

you can banish 1 LIGHT or DARK monster from your hand or GY; Special Summon 1 LIGHT or DARK Dragon-Type Synchro monster from your Extra Deck, depending on the attribute used to activate this effect.

as

you can banish 1 LIGHT or DARK monster from your hand or GY; Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type Synchro monster of the same Attribute from your Extra Deck.

because the way you have it I wasn't 100% sure on the meaning on first read through.

Overall I think it's cool, but it'd be cooler if it combined elements of the Blue-Eyes (although it does rely on banishing I guess which is pretty common in Blue-Eyes) and Red-Eyes gimmicks and playstyles rather than just being a 2-part Summoning Play, and I think it's a little bit weird that by the name of the card it benefits from Red-Eyes support but not from Blue-Eyes support, so I'd probably either change the name add a line to the effect saying that it's treated as a Blue-Eyes monster.

Thank you for your suggestions, I'll make sure to make some changes to the text so it makes more sense, also I decided to do synchro monsters because I thought it would be cool if red-eyes had the ability to extend their horizons a little instead of just using fusions. My original thought process on this was: using Advanced Ritual Art to summon Red-Eyes Blue Dragon by sending Red-Eyes B. Dragon from Deck to Grave, then using Red-Eyes Blue Dragon's effect by banishing the Red-Eyes in grave and summoning a strong DARK synchro like beelze or something, anyways thank you your comment. ;)

Archived