Necro Doom Dragon & material [Written]

jotaxper3

This is a xyz monster with field wipe capabilities that doesn't sent the destroyed cards to the graveyard so a lot of effect that activate by being destroyed and sent to the GY doesn't trigger. I've also toss it's recommended material but the xyz monster is generic, so it can be summoned in other decks.

Here we go:

Necro Dragon

Level 10 DARK Zombie/Effect

Once per turn, while this card is in your GY: You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon this card from your GY, and its DEF becomes 0. You cannot special summon other monsters for the rest of this turn except zombie monsters.

ATK:2850 DEF:2350

And now the Xyz monster:

Necro Doom Dragon

Rank 10 DARK Zombie/Xyz/Effect

3 Level 10 monsters.

This card gains 1000 ATK for each  material attached to this card. Once per turn, at the start of your main phase 1: you can detach all xyz material from this card to destroy all other cards on the field and attach those destroyed card to this card as materials; end your turn.

ATK:0 DEF:0

Thoughts.

Necro Dragon

It lives up to its name, but a general concern is with its soft OPT being somewhat abusable. However, this is probably from me having to study the metagame in Advanced where things are far more abusable. As a whole, it should be fine on its own; not that you can really have multiple copies of this in the GY when it goes off, nor ample LP to revive it repeatedly. 

Doom Dragon

Well, it's a field wipe so living up to its name (punish the opponent for overextending, which happens). Then again, the conditions aren't particularly hard for certain Decks to pull off (*cough 3-mat Trains*), and it is Astral Forceable off Number 22 just for reference. Question is whether or not you want to sacrifice your turn to nuke everything, but it's a good end game when you can clear everything out in a previous turn.

====

Cards are fine. 

Necro Dragon seems decent. However, this is how I would have the effect read, as it seems mandatory, and that doesn't seem good for the card.

"Once per turn, while this card is in your GY: You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon this card from your GY, but its DEF becomes 0. You cannot Special Summon other monsters for the rest of this turn except Zombie-type monsters."

Necro Doom Dragon seems pretty good, at first glance it seems broken, then I read it's last clause, which makes it considerably less broken.

Good stuff, man.

thanks for all the replies

Necro Dragon seems decent. However, this is how I would have the effect read, as it seems mandatory, and that doesn't seem good for the card.

"Once per turn, while this card is in your GY: You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon this card from your GY, but its DEF becomes 0. You cannot Special Summon other monsters for the rest of this turn except Zombie-type monsters."

Necro Doom Dragon seems pretty good, at first glance it seems broken, then I read it's last clause, which makes it considerably less broken.

Good stuff, man.

Thanks for the tip, yes the effect wasn´t mandatory. I´ve already edited the card

Archived