Adding/Update Animation and Graphic Novels Rules

KatnissGod

I know that there was another thread on this but that dissolved into arguments about illegal sites and what-not. So I just wanna know, will the mods ever plan to add/update the rules in the section and is it okay to necrobump a thread if there's new info on the topic that hasn't been discussed?  

I know that there was another thread on this but that dissolved into arguments about illegal sites and what-not. So I just wanna know, will the mods ever plan to add/update the rules in the section and is it okay to necrobump a thread if there's new info on the topic that hasn't been discussed?  

Yeah, it's going to be updated. 

I have a draft of it in the mod forum; just have to look it over and finalize stuff before posting (also when my writing load simmers down a bit).

Things that will be noted:

• Section is not limited to anime/manga only; any animated shows and comics are permitted.
    • Probably allow opinion threads of characters and stuff in there, since Yin's old rule on it would've put them in Polls and we recently updated the rules for that section.
  • Specifically address the illegal sites for anime/manga (which also correlate into the general rules, which will also be updated); do not mention them by name. 
  • Keep general discussion about each series in the proper discussion thread, and don't spread it out.

For the most part, a chunk of the original ones will be retained but likely updated to be more current.

iU8EggM.png

The necro rule in the section would need to be addressed above, but unlike the other areas, this shouldn't be too much of a problem. If it's been a good while since the last discussion and it wasn't all that active, you can probably make a new thread for it.

Again, not set in stone yet and will need to be looked at.

iU8EggM.png

tl;dr, there will be rule updates but they aren't anything drastic and mostly pertain to making them current.

The necro rule in the section would need to be addressed above, but unlike the other areas, this shouldn't be too much of a problem. If it's been a good while since the last discussion and it wasn't all that active, you can probably make a new thread for it.

Would 8 months be about right?

An analysis of the section activity and stuff at present is needed before I can give a definitive timeline on what would be acceptable bumping. 6-8 months SHOULD be okay, but it depends on the series and when the last bit of info was released.

The section itself isn't particularly active, so might be able to relax the restrictions a bit. To be fair, it shouldn't take more than maybe 3 months at most for a series to get new information that wasn't already discussed, however I could be underestimating how long it takes certain series to get info.

Archived