[Leaderboard] Winter 2018 Open Tournament

Nathanael D. Striker

d05cZQK.png?1

Welcome to the Winter 2018 Open Tournament. It has been since November 2015 since the last Open Tournament concluded, and it's about time we have ourselves another one. Anyone is allowed to enter and initial seeding will be entirely random. As for tournament structure, it'll probably end up being a Round Robin tournament, though it will switch to Swiss if we get enough people. With that out of the way, let the games begin.

[spoiler=Rules]

1. All YCM, Section, and Leaderboard Rules apply.
2. The rounds shall be hosted in the 1v1 subforum by myself.
3. All 1v1s in this tournament are Leaderboard eligible.
4. Any number of people may enter.
5. The deadline for entry is February 24th, 11:59pm PST, though I have the right to close entry early.
6. Cards for each round are due 3 days after the card requirements are posted (time extensions may be granted if things happen such as lack of internet or overload on homework, though the extension will be a max of 3 days.)
7. All cards must be PM'd to me.
8. The winners of each round get a Rep from the losers.
9. The brackets shall be done through challonge.
10. Seeding shall be randomized.

11. Failure to submit a card by the submission deadline shall result in a loss, unless a extension is requested.
12. I have the right to add rules as we go.

[spoiler=Card Requirement]

The final battle has come at last. For the occasion, create something worthy of being called a Boss Monster. However, it must be a retrain. That's right, take a high level Normal Monster and turn it into a Main Deck Boss Monster. Cards are due March 28th 11:59am PDT.

[spoiler=Prizes]

1st: 5,000 points, 3 Reps, Potential Award Logo
2nd: 2,500 points, 2 Rep
3rd: 1,250 points, 1 Rep

[spoiler=Contestants]

1. UltimateIRS

2. Krashkube

3. Dova
4. Dragon Sage
5. xray1324

6. Perry Ellis.

[spoiler=Bracket]

GNoPsRN.png

http://challonge.com/bhi517b3/groups.svg

Alright, that makes 6. At this point, Swiss would give 3 rounds and Round Robin 5. At 8, 3 and 7 respectively. If we get 8, I suppose we can split it into 2 groups of 4 for a Round Robin and then have the winners face-off for 1st/2nd and the runner-ups face-off for 3rd. 6 can do that too, so I guess we'll go with the group play this time. Yay.

Archived