Gem-Knight Painite. The rarest Gem-Knight, EVER

ABC Gun

Artwork: https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=10847941

​[spoilersGem-Knight Painite]VwwJ3hA.jpg
Gem-Knight Painite (Rock/EARTH/Fusion/Effect/ATK 0/DEF 0)
3+ monsters that can be Normal Summoned/Set (max. 10)
Must be Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by sending the above cards from your Main Monster Zone to the GY (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"). Gains 200 ATK/DEF for each monster in your GY that can be Normal Summoned/Set. If Fusion Summoned, halve all battle damage your opponent takes from attacks involving this card. If this card is in the Extra Monster Zone (Quick Effect): You can move this card to your Main Monster Zone, then target 1 Fusion Monster in your GY that lists an exact total of 2 monsters as Fusion Materials; Special Summon it. Its effects are negated, and return it to the Extra Deck during your opponent's End Phase. You can only use this effect of "Gem-Knight Painite" once per turn.

​[spoilersDescription]Because I wanted to make a Gem-Knight Fusion that was so broken that it would force Konami to put Brilliant Fusion at 1 or 0 on the banlist. Its the only Gem-Knight Fusion that is a Contact Fusion (but you can still Fusion Summon it with Brilliant Fusion), however this card has the potential to completely break Brilliant Fusion by allowing you to essentially use the already established combos for Brilliant Fusion, but cranked up to 10. If you don't want to use Brilliant Fusion then fine, you can just Contact Fuse it by sending monsters you control that can be Normal Summoned/Set in the Main Monster Zone to the GY, although those monsters don't actually have to be Normal Summoned/Set on the field, they just can't be Nomi or Semi-Nomi. Its last effect is very useful in any Fusion Deck, it can Special Summon ANY Fusion Monster from your GY that lists exactly 2 Fusion Materials (ex. 1 "Gem-Knight" monster + 1 Rock monster, or 2 "Gem-Knight" monsters), but its effects are negated and it bounces back to the Extra Deck during your opponent's End Phase. This opens up the Extra Monster Zone allowing you to Link Summon after you've Summoned this card without having to remove Painite from the field, and it can recycle a Fusion that you can Fusion Summon later.

​I didn't just give this card the name "Painite" to be cute, its actually named after what has been referred to as the rarest gem mineral on Earth from the Guinness Book of World Records back in 2005 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painite).

(Going to make it clear that I didn't read over the design notes when writing this.)

Unless you're using Future Fusion (nerfed) to dump your half your monsters for this, there is no way you are even getting up to 10 monsters to Fusion Summon this; maybe 3-5 if you want to invest in it. Then again, Lawnmower decks can hypothetically drop up to 20 cards (and 4000 ATK/DEF if nothing had a NS lock and running minimal backrow that got milled) which just adds more power when you get this thing out. So I suppose the halving battle damage thing is fine.

Also, why is this even a Gem-Knight if it has really nothing to do with them specifically (yeah, Seraphinite has its outside uses but that's on BriFu, and it required a GK monster as material). 

In GKs:

Well, I guess it cleans out the EMZ so you can go make Lady Brilliant or whatever bosses they want to run nowadays without having it clog in MR4. In their case, most of their other Fusions, bar Master Diamond / aforementioned Brilliant Diamond are 2-mat, but I'm unsure how much they're used competitively. Revive Seraphinite and do stuff?

Outside

Looking at the current pool of 2 Fusion Material monsters, what Decks even want to tech this card for reviving dead Fusions? 'dolls might appreciate it for reviving their bosses if they get laddered from. Metalfoes, idk, maybe (and that's only if they can Pendulum Summon en masse). Everything else; either the targets you want to revive generally suck and you don't use them, they're Nomis or you have better things to be doing with your 3+ NS'able monsters.

====

For GKs, they aren't going to want this much (even if it does alleviate the need for a Fusion card if you can field enough monsters, and can open the EMZ a bit). Other decks, it depends, but I can't see a lot of them using this. I could be missing something though.

(Going to make it clear that I didn't read over the design notes when writing this.)

Unless you're using Future Fusion (nerfed) to dump your half your monsters for this, there is no way you are even getting up to 10 monsters to Fusion Summon this; maybe 3-5 if you want to invest in it. Then again, Lawnmower decks can hypothetically drop up to 20 cards (and 4000 ATK/DEF if nothing had a NS lock and running minimal backrow that got milled) which just adds more power when you get this thing out. So I suppose the halving battle damage thing is fine.

Also, why is this even a Gem-Knight if it has really nothing to do with them specifically (yeah, Seraphinite has its outside uses but that's on BriFu, and it required a GK monster as material). 

In GKs:

Well, I guess it cleans out the EMZ so you can go make Lady Brilliant or whatever bosses they want to run nowadays without having it clog in MR4. In their case, most of their other Fusions, bar Master Diamond / aforementioned Brilliant Diamond are 2-mat, but I'm unsure how much they're used competitively. Revive Seraphinite and do stuff?

Outside

Looking at the current pool of 2 Fusion Material monsters, what Decks even want to tech this card for reviving dead Fusions? 'dolls might appreciate it for reviving their bosses if they get laddered from. Metalfoes, idk, maybe (and that's only if they can Pendulum Summon en masse). Everything else; either the targets you want to revive generally suck and you don't use them, they're Nomis or you have better things to be doing with your 3+ NS'able monsters.

====

For GKs, they aren't going to want this much (even if it does alleviate the need for a Fusion card if you can field enough monsters, and can open the EMZ a bit). Other decks, it depends, but I can't see a lot of them using this. I could be missing something though.

Its a Gem-Knight mostly for its artwork, it does look like a Gem-Knight both the actual monster in the art and the background filled with cut gemstones. I designed it to be used for generic Fusion focused Decks (Shaddoll, Metalfoes, even HEROES) or a generic beatstick for most other Decks and considering its last effect that moves it to the Main Monster Zone from the Extra Monster Zone, those Decks could possibly get away with having to rely on less Link Monsters. if you use cards that can spam from the GY like Performage Trick Clown or most Zombie monsters with Brilliant Fusion to Fusion Summon this card, you could also spam Link Monsters like crazy while only having 2 or 3 copies of this card in the Extra Deck.

Its a Gem-Knight mostly for its artwork, it does look like a Gem-Knight both the actual monster in the art and the background filled with cut gemstones. I designed it to be used for generic Fusion focused Decks (Shaddoll, Metalfoes, even HEROES) or a generic beatstick for most other Decks and considering its last effect that moves it to the Main Monster Zone from the Extra Monster Zone, those Decks could possibly get away with having to rely on less Link Monsters. if you use cards that can spam from the GY like Performage Trick Clown or most Zombie monsters with Brilliant Fusion to Fusion Summon this card, you could also spam Link Monsters like crazy while only having 2 or 3 copies of this card in the Extra Deck.

Except for the fact that outside the Destiny HERO Fusions (and Neos stuff, if somehow he even lands up in the GY), all of them are Nomi-locked [hell knows why] and you CAN'T revive them with this. You can't ignore summoning conditions. 

Artwork-wise, we normally don't take it into consideration too much; or least I don't because of the difficulty in finding suitable art that is permissible for use. 

Except for the fact that outside the Destiny HERO Fusions (and Neos stuff, if somehow he even lands up in the GY), all of them are Nomi-locked [hell knows why] and you CAN'T revive them with this. You can't ignore summoning conditions. 

Artwork-wise, we normally don't take it into consideration too much; or least I don't because of the difficulty in finding suitable art that is permissible for use. 

The bit about the HEROES is mostly for putting some of the Main Deck monsters in the GY for Miracle Fusion or to activate Shadow Mist's or Destiny HERO - Malicious's effects. Btw, Vision HERO Adoration can be used with this card's effect. Sorry if I didn't make it clear, my bad.

Archived