[Written] Egg of Fortune

xray1324

Egg of Fortune is inspired by a card in a game I used to play called Elements, which would allow you to after 1 turn, swap it out for another random monster.

This card is similar to that concept, but modified with Yugioh in mind.

Egg of Fortune

LIGHT/Beast/Level 1

0 ATK/0 DEF

The first time this card would be destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed.

Once per turn, if this card wasn't Summoned this turn: You can banish this card face-up; Special Summon 1 level 8 or higher Dragon-type monster from your deck.

If this card is banished, you can shuffle this card into the deck: add 1 level 4 or lower Dragon-type monster from your deck to your hand.

You can only use each effect of 'Egg of Fortune' once per turn.

(Quick note, you wouldn't be able to use both effects after each other since you can only use any part of it's effect once per turn, otherwise you can't activate it)

Seems a little over balanced on the first effect.

If are waiting a turn or just surviving the opponent's, I think it is fair that it allows the Summoned Level 8+ Dragon to attack and use its effect. Blue-Eyes cards already have their own tools to bring out their cards, so this egg ends up more like support for Felgrand and Tyrant Dragon, which sounds really cool.

The second searching effect being triggered by the first seems like it'd be the reason why the first effect has the restrictions it has. I suggest it being delayed search. It'd all in all look something like this:

The first time this card would be destroyed by battle this turn, it is not destroyed. You can banish this face-up card, except the turn it is Summoned; Special Summon a Level 8 or higher Dragon monster from your Deck. If you do, during the End Phase: You can shuffle this banished card into the Deck and add 1 Level 4 or lower Dragon monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Egg of Fortune" once per turn.

The turn wait balanced it out for strong generic effects so it should be fine. Plus, I like it when a card can be tested out in a variety of builds.

The first effects are fine, IMO it's a fair reward to search for a Level8+ Dragon if you protected this card for 1+ turns. It's the last effect the one that concerns me, because then you get 2 searches, and that may be pushing it for a bit. Or at the very east give it an extra condition so you don't get the x2 search right away. Not to mention you can banish it though other means and still get the search; not that this is broken nor anything, but may lead to unexpected power plays, like banishing it with Gold Sarcophagus, Fairytail Snow, etc.

That aside, I'm curious on why you chose to make this Beast-Type when it support dragons. As a Level1 LIGHT Dragon it could go well in Blue-Eyes.

Archived