[DBDS] Vampire Spell & Traps

1519204494386.png?width=299&height=450

Vampire Territory

Continuous Spell Card

(1) Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP; during your Main Phase this turn, you can Normal Summon 1 "Vampire" monster, in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

(2) If your "Vampire" monster inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Gain LP equal to the damage inflicted.

Vampire Awake

Normal Trap Card

-You can only activate 1 card with this card name once per turn.

(1) Special Summon 1 "Vampire" monster from your Deck, but it is destroyed during the End Phase of this turn.

Vampire Domination

Counter Trap Card

-You can only activate 1 card with this card name once per turn.

(1) When a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect is activated, if you control a face-up "Vampire" monster: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card, then if the destroyed card is a monster, gain LP equal to its original ATK.

Vampire no Tsukaima / Vampire Familiar
Dark Zombie / Effect
LV1 500/0
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can pay 500 LP; add 1 “Vampire” monster from your Deck to your hand, except “Vampire Familiar”.
(2) If this card is in your GY: You can send 1 “Vampire” card from your hand or face-up from your field to the GY; Special Summon this card from the GY, but banish it if it leaves the field.

Vampire no Kenzoku / Vampire Brood
Dark Zombie / Effect
LV2 1200/0
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can pay 500 LP; add 1 “Vampire” Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.
(2) If this card is in your GY: You can send 1 “Vampire” card from your hand or face-up from your field to the GY; Special Summon this card from the GY, but banish it if it leaves the field.

miss another:

Vampire Desire
Spell Normal
You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
(1) Activate 1 of these effects.
-Target 1 face-up monster you control; send 1 “Vampire” monster with a different Level than that monster from your Deck to the GY, and if you do, that target’s Level becomes the same as that sent monster’s Level, until the end of this turn.
-Target 1 “Vampire” monster in your GY; send 1 monster you control to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon that target.

Desire is actually the most interesting imo, since it doesn't restrict what kind of monster you have to have/send for it to work, though I can't see much in the way of engine potential for these outside general Zombie stuff from what I can tell..

Awake and Domination are both nice, if not a bit bland.  I'm a bit surprised they don't have any Vampire-specific removal cards what with Al Dhampir's stealing effect.

What kinda hits me though is that the deck doesn't seem to have any opening plays.  All these cards: decent bunch of goodstuff effects, a couple different thematic directions but no real go-to plays, specific end boards, or anything that really amounts to much.

Since we're getting "Vampire" support that is not exclusive to DARK monsters, that means we might get a new errata/names for Vampire Orchis and Koala, because they aren't considered "Vampires" (and they are both EARTH).

The TCG version of the pack they are coming out should reprint all vamp stuff (including those) so they no longer say DARK Vampire monster

Wow! Now THIS is some Vampire support! Not to say that their Field Spell and last Normal Trap Card aren't, but they could've used...more. And this delivered. That additional Normal Summon they could use (especially with the number of high Level Vampires), Special Summoning that they lacked, and even a Counter Trap Card. And at no cost!

If I ever get the chance, I want to try out Vampires again with these new toys.

Archived