Kaizoku Archetype (15/15)

Atypical-Abbie

Kaizoku is an Archetype of Fiend/WATER monsters with 0 DEF and various Levels. They focus on stealing your opponent's Set Spells/Traps and using them for your own purposes, either activating them or ditching them for other effects, and also have Link Monster bosses. Each monster has an effect that activates when they inflict battle damage, allowing them take control of an opponent's Set Spell/Trap, but there are other ways to steal them as well.

To make sure you always have targets to steal, they effects that Set them from the opponent's hand and GY (Bonny and the Link Monsters), effects that prevent them from being activated during your turn or when you battle (Flagship) and when you get them, protect them from being targeted or destroyed (Treasure Chest).

The name is the Japanese word for pirate, as translated by Google, and they are based on famous pirates and pirate related themes. This is not my first time doing a pirate Archetype, but this one is quite a bit different from my other, which is called Seaborn, I don't rarely do this, but I really am missing a proper pirate Archetype in the game, and this one is also thematic quite different I feel, being based around real pirates and being Fiend instead of Warriors.

Main Deck Monsters:

Kaizoku - Low
Fiend/WATER
Level 2
Once per turn, when this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 Set Spell/Trap your opponent controls; take control of that target. (Quick Effect): You can discard this card, then target 1 "Kaizoku" monster you control, and activate 1 of these effects;
● Until the end of this turn, double its current ATK, but all battle damage it inflicts is halved.
● Until the end of this turn, it can attack directly, but all battle damage it inflicts is halved.
You can only use this effect of "Kaizoku - Low" once per turn.

1000/0

Kaizoku - Kidd
Fiend/WATER
Level 3
When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Kaizoku" monster in your GY, except "Kaizoku - Kidd"; Special Summon that target in Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Kaizoku - Kidd" once per turn. Once per turn, when this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 Set Spell/Trap your opponent controls; take control of that target.
1500/0

Kaizoku - Bonny
Fiend/WATER
Level 4
When this card is Summoned: You can look at your opponent's hand, then Set up to 2 Spells/Traps from their hand to their field. Your opponent must control no Set Spells/Traps to activate and to resolve this effect. You can only use this effect of "Kaizoku - Bonny" once per turn. Once per turn, when this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 Set Spell/Trap your opponent controls; take control of that target.
1600/0

Kaizoku - Calico
Fiend/WATER
Level 4
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Kaizoku" monster from your hand, except "Kaizoku - Calico". "Once per turn, when this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 Set Spell/Trap your opponent controls; take control of that target.
1700/0

Kaizoku - Read
Fiend/WATER
Level 4
When you Normal or Special Summon a "Kaizoku" monster(s): You can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY, but if it was Special Summoned from the GY, banish it when it leaves the field. You can only use this effect of "Kaizoku - Read" once per turn. Once per turn, when this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 Set Spell/Trap your opponent controls; take control of that target.

1800/0

Kaizoku - Bonnet
Fiend/WATER
Level 5
If your opponent controls a Set Spell/Trap, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Kaizoku - Bonnet" once per turn this way. Once per turn, when this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 Set Spell/Trap your opponent controls; take control of that target.
2000/0

Extra Deck Monsters:

Kaizoku - Roberts
Fiend/WATER/Link
Link Arrows: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
2 "Kaizoku" monsters
When this card is Link Summoned: You can target up to 2 Spells/Traps in your opponent's GY; Set them on your opponent's field. Once per turn, when this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 Set Spell/Trap your opponent controls; take control of that target. Once per turn, if you activate a Set Spell/Trap Card you control that your opponent owns: You can inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can add 1 "Kaizoku" card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Kaizoku - Roberts" once per turn.
1900/LINK-2

Kaizoku - Moody
Fiend/WATER/Link
Link Arrows: Bottom, Top
2 "Kaizoku" monsters
When this card is Link Summoned: You can look at your opponent's hand, then you can Set 1 Spell/Trap on their field, and if you do, draw 1 card. Once per turn, when this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 Set Spell/Trap your opponent controls; take control of that target. If a "Kaizoku" monster is Special Summoned to your zone this card points: You can target 1 Set Spell/Trap your opponent controls; take control of that target. You can only use this effect of "Kaizoku - Moody" once per turn.

2100/LINK-2

Kaizoku - Blackbeard
Fiend/WATER/Link
Link Arrows: Bottom, Left, Right
2+ "Kaizoku" monsters
When this card is Link Summoned: You can target 1 Spell/Trap in your opponent's GY and 1 "Kaizoku" Spell/Trap in your GY; Set the first target on your opponent's field and the second target on your field. Once per turn, when this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 Set Spell/Trap your opponent controls; take control of that target. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can send any number of Set Spells/Traps you control that your opponent owns to the GY; destroy cards your opponent control up to the number sent.
2500/LINK-3

Spells/Traps:

Kaizoku - Flagship
Field Spell
All "Kaizoku" monsters you control gain 700 ATK. While you control a "Kaizoku" Link Monster, your opponent cannot activate Set Spell/Trap Cards during your turn. If a "Kaizoku" monster you control battles, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn: You can send up to 2 Set Spells/Traps you control that your opponent owns to the GY; draw cards equal to the number of cards sent +1.

Kaizoku - Plunder
Normal Spell
If you control 3 or more "Kaizoku" monsters or 1 "Kaizoku" Link Monster: Target 1 Set Spell/Trap your opponent controls; take control of that target. You can only activate 1 "Kaizoku - Plunder" per turn.

Kaizoku - Treasure Map
Normal Spell

Add 1 "Kaizoku" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Kaizoku - Treasure Map", then your opponent can Set 1 Spell/Trap directly from their Deck. You can only activate 1 "Kaizoku - Treasure Map" per turn.

Kaizoku - Lookout
Quick-Play Spell
If you control a "Kaizoku" monster: Look at all Set Spells/Traps your opponent controls, then if you control "Kaizoku - Flagship", you can Set this card instead of sending it to the GY. If a "Kaizoku" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish this card from your GY instead. You can only activate 1 "Kaizoku - Lookout" per turn.

Kaizoku - Treasure Chest
Continuous Trap
When this card is activated: You can target 1 Spell/Trap in your opponent's GY; Set that target on your opponent's field. Set Spells/Traps you control that your opponent own cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, if you activate a Set Spell/Trap that you control that your opponent owns: You can add 1 "Kaizoku" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Kaizoku - Treasure Chest".

Kaizoku - Sinking
Normal Trap
If you control a "Kaizoku" monster, activate 1 of these effects.
● Destroy 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls.
● Change all face-up Spells/Traps your opponent control face-down, also they cannot be activated for the rest of this turn.

If you control a Set Spell/Trap that your opponent owns, you can activate this card from your hand.

• 3 weeks later...

hey i really like this set i think it's a cool mechanic to be able to steal your opponent's card 

but i don't think your kaizokus can win a game on their own 
i mean they're cool but :

1) they have to inflict damage to your opponent to use their stealing ability but the maximum ATK points being 2500 and most of them being under 1800 i don't see how you will do that as the ennemy starts to put menaces (a mere cyber dragon for exemple) 
2) i get it's a sort of control archetype but you lack finisher that's able to settle your winning position 

3) you can mess with your opponnent's traps and spells but i didn't see anything that can remove monsters from the field (clearly if the ennemy plays something like MAX dragon you're f*****)

in the other end cards like treasure chest or sinking are crazy powerful IMO, Change all face-up Spells/Traps your opponent control face-down, also they cannot be activated for the rest of this turn. (with a card activated from the hand ?) 

don't get me wrong i like your set 

hey i really like this set i think it's a cool mechanic to be able to steal your opponent's card 

but i don't think your kaizokus can win a game on their own 

i mean they're cool but :

1) they have to inflict damage to your opponent to use their stealing ability but the maximum ATK points being 2500 and most of them being under 1800 i don't see how you will do that as the ennemy starts to put menaces (a mere cyber dragon for exemple) 

2) i get it's a sort of control archetype but you lack finisher that's able to settle your winning position 

3) you can mess with your opponnent's traps and spells but i didn't see anything that can remove monsters from the field (clearly if the ennemy plays something like MAX dragon you're f*****)

in the other end cards like treasure chest or sinking are crazy powerful IMO, Change all face-up Spells/Traps your opponent control face-down, also they cannot be activated for the rest of this turn. (with a card activated from the hand ?) 

don't get me wrong i like your set 

They have plenty of other ways to steal, and Flagship boosts their ATK by 700 bring Blackbeard to 3200 which is more than enough to inflict damage with and direct damage through Low works too.

I would say getting out Blackbeard is their endgame, it can destroy cards too.

I don't see MAX being an issue, it is not a Deck many worry about and if it becomes one, people will side Kaijus or something.

MAX was an exemple what i meant was that if you opponent manage to pull out a very powerful monster (high atk or can't be destroyed) in early game you pirates won't survive 

and yes i know that you can boost your monsters but you won't always have flagship in your openning hand 

and yes i know you can deal with monsters as well wiith blackbeard but it's only 1 card in your set i would have tough of something like a canon that can use you opponnent's cards to shoot at monsters 

Archived