PolitiScales Test

Nathanael D. Striker

Actually I have a question about this.

Isn't it kind of not right to "correct" neutrality? If you don't lean strongly towards one way but go full agree or disagree on it then it skews the results which causes them to be untrue to what you truly think. (or as truly as a test like this can get)

Neutrality is a sign of either apathy or uncertainty (usually the latter) in an overwhelming majority of circumstances. When you think and/or care more about an issue, it's always better to "correct" a neutral position you hold, because more in-depth thought on a matter doesn't trend towards a neutral position.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neutrality is a sign of either apathy or uncertainty (usually the latter) in an overwhelming majority of circumstances. When you think and/or care more about an issue, it's always better to "correct" a neutral position you hold, because more in-depth thought on a matter doesn't trend towards a neutral position.

Or maybe it isn't.

The answer said "Neutral, or hesitant", and the mindset I had when choosing those options was "It really depends." It can very well mean a person is willing to go one way or the other depending on the context or circumstances involved; it means a person isn't hard set on any one alignment but is will to adapt to the situation. I could argue that the more in-depth someone goes on a subject, especially with how much situations can differ from each other on a given topic, the more they are willing to decide depending on the circumstances.

Another word for it is the "John Milton" stance; the idea of nothing being inherently good or bad, that it all depends on the context and what's going on; that rationality is not on being hard-set on a given stance but rather being aware and vigilant of what's going on and making a wise decision based on the circumstances. That's what I'd call the middle "neutral" ground.

6GmRaFc.png

Pragmatism : politics objectively boil down to looking at where the problems are and trying to solve them according to the means available.

What complicates it for me is that I do not believe a lot of these questions apply to everything. But defined by the culture and country of origin. 

Or maybe it isn't.

The answer said "Neutral, or hesitant", and the mindset I had when choosing those options was "It really depends." It can very well mean a person is willing to go one way or the other depending on the context or circumstances involved; it means a person isn't hard set on any one alignment but is will to adapt to the situation. I could argue that the more in-depth someone goes on a subject, especially with how much situations can differ from each other on a given topic, the more they are willing to decide depending on the circumstances.

Another word for it is the "John Milton" stance; the idea of nothing being inherently good or bad, that it all depends on the context and what's going on; that rationality is not on being hard-set on a given stance but rather being aware and vigilant of what's going on and making a wise decision based on the circumstances. That's what I'd call the middle "neutral" ground.

If you change a solution based on the circumstance then the problem just resurfaces the moment the circumstance changes enough.

Good solutions actually solve problems for good and make people adapt to them.

2a7bd36f427907dbdbd1dc3f0eb83efc.png

>117 questions

Oh boy. Here goes nothing...

20 minutes of asking friends and/or Google about words in about a third of all the questions later...

[spoiler=it me]zuPVhVF.png

My name is Yui and I like progress, reformation, and other countries. I didn't get any neat extra bits at the bottom though. Feeling a little left out :(

If you change a solution based on the circumstance then the problem just resurfaces the moment the circumstance changes enough.

Good solutions actually solve problems for good and make people adapt to them.

Once again, it all depends. Often times the best solution is the one that's fit for the situation it's in rather than defaulting to an subscribed mindset.

Once again, it all depends. Often times the best solution is the one that's fit for the situation it's in rather than defaulting to an subscribed mindset.

>tfw a nonanswer is the best answer

you have truly convinced me, i have henceforth updated my answers to get rid of such silly things like neutrality http://www.politiscales.net/en_US/results/?j0=50&j1=50&p1=79&p0=14&m1=43&m0=57&c0=7&c1=93&b0=43&b1=43&s1=79&s0=14&e1=57&e0=36&t0=7&t1=93&mona=100 i even got a nice little button :D

>tfw a nonanswer is the best answer

you have truly convinced me, i have henceforth updated my answers to get rid of such silly things like neutrality http://www.politiscales.net/en_US/results/?j0=50&j1=50&p1=79&p0=14&m1=43&m0=57&c0=7&c1=93&b0=43&b1=43&s1=79&s0=14&e1=57&e0=36&t0=7&t1=93&mona=100 i even got a nice little button :D

If you think a lot of the questions offered gave enough information that someone could realistically give an answer that was truly right rather than a "general belief" then hey, you do you.

there's no contending with reasoning on this level

you have ascended past me and hit the level of the divine, where only the greatest may stand

bravo

But your one trait was "Pragmatism", you should know all about making informed decisions rather than just acting on instinct :thinking:

If you think a lot of the questions offered gave enough information that someone could realistically give an answer that was truly right rather than a "general belief" then hey, you do you.

But your one trait was "Pragmatism", you should know all about making informed decisions rather than just acting on instinct :thinking:

hoo boy, i haven't gotten funked this hard since the 2016 election thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

canvas.png

i feel a bit wishy washy, but most of my neutral answers were due to a lack of information and because not everything is so black and white. I'd choose different answers depending on context for the same question.

nyeh

got pragmatism as well, though, which feels accurate

• 2 weeks later...

Archived