Memey name, devastating effect (The Knights of HaNOPE)

SkaterTheDJWolf

So, I was thinking about Link Cancer decks (those Trigate Level Eater Firewall spams that kill the fun) and I thought that this sort of thing would need a card to balance it out (and this card is also good against other decks, since Decode is Cyberse). We need anti-Link stuff so older decks can live in this new format. SO, I decided that we don't have enough Summon negation, so...:

The Knights of HaNOPE

Counter Trap

If your opponent Link Summons a Cyberse Link monster: Negate the Summon of that monster, and if you do, destroy it, also your opponent cannot Link Summon Link monsters with the same Link Rating until the end of the next turn. You can only activate 1 "The Knights of HaNOPE" per turn.

If you haven't been paying attention, Level Eater got banned, along with Firewall limited. Those loops shouldn't be an issue, or hopefully nowhere as severe as they were in the past. 

As for the card itself, it's literally an anti-Yusaku version of Solemn Strike/Warning or whatever summon negator you want to reference that conveniently locks off Link Summoning of the same rating. Yeah, Links should be more than Cyberse (like they are now), but until Konami releases more stuff, yeah, you're stuck with generic Cyberse Links. 

Then again, we do have Legacy tags in this section if you really want to watch old Decks shine. 

Archived