Them's Fightin' Herds

Shradow

http://store.steampowered.com/app/574980/Thems_Fightin_Herds/

Initially developed by Mane6 as My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic using characters from the series My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, the project was shut down in 2013 after a cease-and-desist order from Hasbro. During the process of reworking the game with new assets, Mane6 received help from Lauren Faust (creator of MLP:FIM) with character design and story/setting, and were also granted use of the Z-Engine fighting game engine developed by Lab Zero Games for Skullgirls. The game features all-female cartoon ungulates fighting each other to find a champion worthy of gaining a magical key that will protect their world from predators. I played an early build of Fighting is Magic and it was really fun and I was sad when it was shut down, so now I'm glad this game finally come out for early access.

Also I love the punny name.

Holy funk, this finally got released?

I hope it gets a good following, I was excited for this back when it was still My Little Pony characters and stuff, and while I can't really pick it up right now cause of money issues, I'm totally gonna watch and hope that it gets a following. It looks like a pretty decent fighting game from what I've seen.

Same. I haven't picked it up either because I try not to buy early access games and I'm busy with DBFZ right now in terms of fighters, but since it's got the same engine as Skullgirls it shouldn't be too hard to pick up once it gets a full release, since I played a fair bit of that.

One thing I'm really happy about is that the music is still awesome with this one. With Fighting Is Magic the music was also awesome (

), but it was involved remixed songs from the show so obviously they couldn't keep it. But the style's still the same and I really like how it sounds.

EDIT: Watching it on Maxamillion Dood's twitch, it looks really cool. Some obvious things are still being worked on like the character intro/victory animations and a couple attacks still looked like storyboard art but I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. Now I really can't wait until the full release.

Their group also just happened to run into Nappy (Mane6 Lead Combat Designer and Animator) when they checked out the lobby system and the things he could do were so awesome.

Archived