ナノ / Nano

Shradow

Nano is a Japanese American j-pop/rock singer. She was born in New York City, USA and later moved to Japan and she's fully bilingual, with some of her songs being entirely in Japanese, some entirely in English, and some a mix of the two. If you are a frequent watcher of anime you may have heard some of her songs, as she's provided themes for shows including Aria the Scarlet Ammo, Btooom!, and Arpeggio of Blue Steel.

Here are some examples of her music (Nevereverland is my favorite):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eGazzxcp3I https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPshMKAXZro

I initially heard abunch of her songs and got into her music without having seen any music videos or really reading much about her online, so something I didn't know about at first is that for awhile in her career, she kept her face anonymous. There was discussion over whether she was male or female, though I had always assumed she was female, but after hearing about it after the fact I can sort of understand the people who thought she might be male. I just thought that was interesting (and as a long-time fan of ClariS I'm used to the idea of anonymous singers).

She's one of my favorite music artists with a fantastic voice and style, and I always enjoy sharing music I like, so I figured I'd make a post about her.

Damn that is recent.

Or rather, 2016 is actually 2 years ago what the hell(granted December 2016 is closer to a year ago).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig9U4I9X2g0

I think for me and many people it's Btoom's OP that put her to the spotlight. I've never even seen the show but I remember this OP being very popular on Osu and that was how I discovered her.

I ended up getting into her music first because of this video:

From there I started listening to her albums from files I got from a friend of mine who already listened to her music. I don't believe I've actually seen any of the anime she's done music for.

Nano's got some good tracks, didn't know she was born in NYC and perfectly bilingual though, that's a fun fact. She's on my shortlist for favorite J-Rock singers. And you'd think she'd be doing even more anime openings, her songs are used for fanmade ones all the time.

Now or Never and Nevereverland are my faves. 

I ended up getting into her music first because of this video:

From there I started listening to her albums from files I got from a friend of mine who already listened to her music. I don't believe I've actually seen any of the anime she's done music for.

This is legit the reason why I found Nano.

She is a freakin' amazing artist! And it made it even better when I also found out she did a song...in English. And wow...its amazing!

Archived