VCR is an opinion

VCR_CAT

I prefer DVD to be honest.

That's because you're not WOKE

Actually interested:

I don't think I've interacted with you enough to give a proper low-down of thoughts. It's one of those situations where I haven't seen anything bad about a given person, but haven't seen anything that particularly stands out either. Thought you did give me my different-font name which is DOPE. You do seem like you have a good head on your shoulders, and I really appreciate the efforts you've put towards giving the site a good spit-shine, so I'd definitely say the site's better for having you around.

giphy.gif

yes that is me

What are your thoughts on myself (honesty please) and the process I use/have used in rps?

Also, are there any changes you'd make to the RP section?  And what are some under used genres of rps that you'd like to see more of?

You're one of the most real people here, like the kinda person that looks for the best in people, and even when you're calling out the sheet that people will give you you're still making an effort to have it be constructive, even as harsh as you can make it sound sometimes you're still givin' them the tough love and I have a lot of respect for that. You're super cool to hang out with you and definitely one of my besties on the site.

Your process for RPs has been really solid from what I've seen. You have a good way of involving characters, keeping things moving forward, and probably one of the hardest things to do in an RP is that you pace it WELL. It seems like you know just how much plot you need to put into something to make it just the right length, and the RPs of your's that I've been in have felt captivating at all points. Definitely one of my fav hosts on the site.

I think the RP section could do to have some more freedom with its sub-forum structure. From the past communities I've been in, I've come to see how absolutely convenient and nice it is to have an entire sub-forum dedicated to one RP. Separate threads for characters under one section, a separate database section, all that stuff. It's super organized and just easy to look at. Unfortunately, I don't think that would fly here with how many RPs come and go; this is kind of a thing that only really benefits the super long-form roleplays. But, otherwise, I think that's something I'd like to see changed, though I don't know how it could be done is: an improved OOC section. I dunno, maybe a more organized method of separating the active RPs from the interest checks from the completed/dead RPs. A smaller section for Active OOC's just makes it easier to find the thread for your roleplay, which would be very nice.

I'm starting to feel like just a straight, normal fantasy (high, low; western, eastern, any of them) has come to be super underutilized as of late. I feel like people are going out of their way to make their settings and mechanics as different and potentially interesting as possible that the simple, almost "normal" setting and style has just kind of disappeared. We also have a lot of short-form RPs, which as good as those can be for finishing, it still has me looking at the GCRP and being super disappointed that I wasn't here to jump into that when I could. I know a successful long-form RP is hard to come by-- I've only been in one myself. But there's something satisfying in having a character(s) grow and develop over the course of a longer span.

What am I to you? And why haven't you upgraded to DIGITAL_CAT?

You're you. You're neither above nor below the average member. This might sound like nothing at first, but between the Member Brawl, the election, and even contest stuff, you give off this overwhelming impression that you think you deserve to be more popular and significant to the community than you actually are without having done anything to actually "earn" that position. It's come to a degree that it's super annoying, and if you want me opinion: Frickin' cool your jets, dude. Quit with the belly-aching and the "Woe is me, I'm not the Senpai Mod I want to be". Find things you want and like to do on the forum and just have a good time. Stop trying to push yourself and your agenda just because you want to be popular or whatever; it's frickin' obnoxious.

Also, if you're asking "But why not 'DVD'/'DIGITAL/'BLURAY' ", then you don't get my aesthetic.

From our fleeting interactions, sure, why not.

Roleplaying with you and being in the same RP chat as you is just a delight. You write good characters that are fun to interact with, and you're just a cool dude to be around. Not much else to say.

This I gotta see.

I don't know what's to see. I feel like I've spoken either to or vaguely "around" you in the past few days, even then neither of us have done anything like, disastrous enough to warrant fireworks here? I don't dislike you, and you've never really given me a reason to dislike you. If I've given the impression that I hate your guts, then I apologize and probably need to pull up my bootstraps and do something about it. Otherwise, I don't think we've interacted enough for me to really get a good enough read.

d7b.gif

Whatchyu 'spectin', you already know we're bros >:T

Do me yo

Also where you live in Canada? If you play the game irl we could meet up and play yo. I travel all over Canada for yugioh seeing who has the best scene (currently I gotta give it to my home boys in AB, but the Toronto scene is good too)

You seem like one real cool cucumber. You got good card game 'pinions. While at first I figured you were going to be yet another person here who does the whole "See I'm an jabroni, but it's funny because I'm apparently joking" bit (I only got this impression from like, one status and I don't even remember it), that definitely got proven wrong pretty quick and you're a pretty cool dude to have around.

I live out in BC in the Fraser Valley, and honestly the card game scene here is PRETTY CRAP. It would be cool to play IRL with you and hang out, but we have very little in the way of locals and what we do have is just not enough. MST-TV does a decently sized tournament in Vancouver every year, but that's a bit of a drive for me and like, a full day of hangin' in Vancouver. I did it once because I had friends wanting to do it, which is kinda the only way I'd do it, so if you came out here and wanted to do that I'd probably head out to it as well. Only thing is that I haven't been buying cards in a good while, so I'm kinda waiting until my work picks up again and I have money again.

Also I'd need to pick a TCG deck I'd really want to play. Kinda waiting for Needlefiber and Summon Sorceress to hit TCG-side, but those are going to cost an arm and a leg probably :/

I'd like an opinion. Or some Dino Sours.

Really cool person to RP and hang out with. Brief but not much to say in a good way. And yeah you need to get some Dino Sours at some point.

So if Canada doesn’t exist, what lies north of ‘murica?

A big land-fill full of poutine

I don't know what's to see. I feel like I've spoken either to or vaguely "around" you in the past few days, even then neither of us have done anything like, disastrous enough to warrant fireworks here? I don't dislike you, and you've never really given me a reason to dislike you. If I've given the impression that I hate your guts, then I apologize and probably need to pull up my bootstraps and do something about it. Otherwise, I don't think we've interacted enough for me to really get a good enough read.

You haven't given off an impression on how you feel about me, but you do seem like the kind of person that actually holds very strong opinions, so I was curious.

Whatchyu 'spectin', you already know we're bros >:T

You seem like one real cool cucumber. You got good card game 'pinions. While at first I figured you were going to be yet another person here who does the whole "See I'm an jabroni, but it's funny because I'm apparently joking" bit (I only got this impression from like, one status and I don't even remember it), that definitely got proven wrong pretty quick and you're a pretty cool dude to have around.

I live out in BC in the Fraser Valley, and honestly the card game scene here is PRETTY CRAP. It would be cool to play IRL with you and hang out, but we have very little in the way of locals and what we do have is just not enough. MST-TV does a decently sized tournament in Vancouver every year, but that's a bit of a drive for me and like, a full day of hangin' in Vancouver. I did it once because I had friends wanting to do it, which is kinda the only way I'd do it, so if you came out here and wanted to do that I'd probably head out to it as well. Only thing is that I haven't been buying cards in a good while, so I'm kinda waiting until my work picks up again and I have money again.

Also I'd need to pick a TCG deck I'd really want to play. Kinda waiting for Needlefiber and Summon Sorceress to hit TCG-side, but those are going to cost an arm and a leg probably :/

Really cool person to RP and hang out with. Brief but not much to say in a good way. And yeah you need to get some Dino Sours at some point.

A big land-fill full of poutine

Ayy I'm actually gonna be in Vancouver in September. I'm not sure how far Fraser Valley is from Vancouver but it would be cool to meet up and play some games, and yeah the scene does kinda suck in BC. Last time I went to a locals there I played against the "judge" there and he kept making sheet up as we played, saying my cards missed timing etc and all his goons backed him up lmao.

You haven't given off an impression on how you feel about me, but you do seem like the kind of person that actually holds very strong opinions, so I was curious.

I think my opinions operate like cheese. The longer they have to stew, the stronger they'll get, but if you don't fend them cultures very much it'll be a little "meh". I have no idea how cheese is properly made, I just assume there's something to do with bacteria cultures.

Ayy I'm actually gonna be in Vancouver in September. I'm not sure how far Fraser Valley is from Vancouver but it would be cool to meet up and play some games, and yeah the scene does kinda suck in BC. Last time I went to a locals there I played against the "judge" there and he kept making sheet up as we played, saying my cards missed timing etc and all his goons backed him up lmao.

Well Vancouver is in the Fraser Valley. I live out in Abbotsford which is on the eastern end of it, about an hour and a half out from Vancouver. Oh yeah, and I know what you're talking about; I remember popping someone's Dragon Ravine in response to its activation and the judge was like "No it goes through, why wouldn't it" and I had to really work to convince them.

Do me!

Realistically, we hardly interact. If I were to go off of just the baseline impression you've given me from the small amount of time we've ever spoken, or from what I've seen you passive-aggressive-speak about me, it's really not great. Everything comes across as back-handed, and if it isn't it definitely gives an elitist attitude, or it's very condescending (something that can really piss me off and that's really more my problem than anyone else's). It's just very venomous and presents yourself as "Why would someone every enjoy being around you?" You will keep to yourself for the most part so you're not actively hostile, but it still just creates this atmosphere of seeing your name popping up in a thread or conversation and it instantly makes me want to avoid it a lot. I don't want to expose myself to a person that's done nothing but be a jerk to me, why would I?

But, I'd be blind not to notice that there are many people on this site, including a fair number of people that I really respect, who do enjoy being around you, and that tells me you aren't really the person you've come across as towards me. Maybe it's a problem on my part that I've taken things as being back-handed or ill-intended when they weren't intended as either of those things, maybe it's something about you that those people have looked past and accepted you regardless. I don't know. I'm sure if ever we spent a significant amount of time interacting where we're both actually wanting to give the other person a good chance, then I'd see what those people see.

It's not a very informed opinion, and I know that what I'm working off of is the smallest of samplings when considering how complex people can be in general, but it's all I really have to work with and it's not great.

Hello kitty

A good RP host, RPer, Mod, and a pretty swell guy overall. I really enjoy being in RP's and RP chats with you, and you're definitely one o' the bros here.

Screenshot_20180224-024802.jpg

That's rough, buddy.

Despite our Historic Rocky Start™, I'm really glad we turned it around and get along pretty well these days. Good to have more people to bounce Card Game Memes off of, as well as just memeing about the MHA manga as well. Good times to be had by all.

bRsg6sk.jpg

Definitely there was a time where I was losing respect for you, mostly to do with how people were conducting themselves re: issues with mods (the telling thing that nobody pointed out in the political alignment test thread is how everyone is somewhat on the "Revolutionary" side and then there I am just EXTREME "Reformist"), but those days are well in the past. You're one of the OG YCM Bros from back in the day, like the Duel Portal days, where we're all acctidentally making positively out-the-door busted stuff, but definitely glad that friendship has stuck. Kinda weird that, depsite how close we live, there's yet to be a legendary meet-up :thonkeng:

ok

ko

let's be heroes

I've come to really respect your input and work that you put into the custom card scene. The last contest I was a part of that you hosted, in particular, and it wasn't just because I won, I really respected the judging that was done and with how historically snooty I've been towards custom card things, that's a great thing. You give great, constructive input, and just a real nice dude to have around the site.

You're you. You're neither above nor below the average member. This might sound like nothing at first, but between the Member Brawl, the election, and even contest stuff, you give off this overwhelming impression that you think you deserve to be more popular and significant to the community than you actually are without having done anything to actually "earn" that position. It's come to a degree that it's super annoying, and if you want me opinion: Frickin' cool your jets, dude. Quit with the belly-aching and the "Woe is me, I'm not the Senpai Mod I want to be". Find things you want and like to do on the forum and just have a good time. Stop trying to push yourself and your agenda just because you want to be popular or whatever; it's frickin' obnoxious.

Also, if you're asking "But why not 'DVD'/'DIGITAL/'BLURAY' ", then you don't get my aesthetic.

For the record, this is the post that had me thinking I should have all my responses in their own thread, as I'm going to default to what I said to Giga in his thread for this.

I don't think people realize just how much I try to avoid the feeling that I'm nothing to this community that I care about. I believe a previous status of mine best helps get this point across, so here it is in the spoiler.

[spoiler=Past Status]

I know no one will care, but allow me to speak truthfully and get something off my chest. It's hard to try to be a part of a community when the general consensus seems to be "I don't care whether you are here or not". While one of the reasons why I left YCM last year was because of school, another reason was because I was getting sick of that reality, and it wasn't doing any good for my mental well-being. And while some of you have the luxury of talking about your issues on here with others, I don't feel like I have that luxury as I've lost friends by doing that. It's like no matter what I do, sheet always seems to hit the fan one way or another. And before you ask "why don't you just leave", I care about this community even though I don't get that in return. I may not show that I care that much these days, but I do. It's just getting harder to care when I feel alone tbh.

Feeling that I'm nothing to this community in spite all I've done is not a feeling I particularly want to deal with. It's part of the reason I left YCM for a year. The feeling that no matter what I do, I can't get anywhere in this community that I love is a dangerous one, and I hope you sympathize with me a bit on that.

If there is anything you need me to elaborate on, let me know and I'll do the best I can.

As for that part about DIGITAL_CAT, can't you take a joke, dammit.

Archived