Nirvanna the Band the Show

VCR_CAT

"The show stars the duo as "Nirvanna the Band," two hapless lifelong best friends and roommates, who engage in a series of complex publicity stunts around their home city of Toronto in the hopes of landing a gig at The Rivoli, despite the fact that they have never actually written or recorded a single song, nor taken any other steps to get their band ready."

One of my all-time favorite comedy shows, Nirvanna the Band the Show is unlike a lot of stuff out there. Taking a spin on the Mockumentary genre, the show's real kicker is how much isn't staged. Any scene out in the city or in a public space, or talking to someone on the phone, is done so just... out in public, without actors besides the two main characters. There are actually only ever a couple other people in the entire show that are probably aware that it's a show that they're on. These leads to a fair bit of improvisation as they can't strictly plan for specific reactions from people, but it also leads to a LOT of crazy stuff that I frequently go "Wait, they didn't ACTUALLY do that, did they?" (they did). It's a wild and hilarious ride.

Season 1 and 2 are both fully completed, and I think available internationally as well. For any of the newest episodes (Season 3 when it happens) it will be available for Canadian audiences first, and then later American audiences as well.

Anyways, if you want to go check it out I fully encourage you. It's a fantastic show overall.

Archived