Time for a Journal~

Sleepy

It's turned out to be quite a hectic weekend for me.

Yesterday morning, our pet cat Botas passed away. She had been with my family since 2005, and I still sometimes imagine her next to her usual spots at the backyard. It'll take some time to get used to that.

After digging up the grave, there was a party that had months in the making which my whole family was scheduled to attend. My neighbor's sister turned 15, and I'm not much of a party person, much less under these circumstances. It was a tiring night, and the weather has been rather cold.

I also found out an ex partner of mine just married, and I already knew he was gonna marry and in fact thought he would have already done so at around September. I'm happy for him and all but a little down because he stopped getting online everywhere I know of over half a year ago, leaving some unread message from me from a casual chat I no longer remember, and really seeing how I don't really figure enough to be told about it when I think we were still close friends post-relationship. I guess I just didn't need to know about this one. 

Today an IRL friend had been overdoing it trying to contact me. Calling my phone, my brother's phone, my mom's house phone, all throughout the day. At the same time, my grandma needed to go on a trip and will be back tomorrow night, so I wanted to wait until I had the time and space to attend since my friend tends to make calls long and hard to get out of (with 1 hour being a relatively short time). Delays on schedule caused the call to be finally answered past 4pm. I am quite the hermit IRL so these sorts of things really wear me out and stress me up. 

I came back from washing the dishes at both houses (mom's and grandma's), made some coffee, and sat down on my desk to try to draw something. I've been feeling a little down and not very energetic. One of those days when you can't stay focused and try to do stuff you like but can't. 

Just want to take a moment to say looking around YCM has lifted me up a little bit so, thanks YCM... I should probably go to sleep now since it is past 10pm, but I don't wanna go to sleep without drawing at least a doodle.

And yes, this is just for me to let out this stuff and improve my mood, and focus on the stuff I wanna work on.

On a more positive note, I also discovered a watercolor painter on YouTube that makes super cute children's book illustrations. It is pretty inspiring.

any coding progress? iirc you posted a thread on that a while ago

Can say a little bit. I'm a bit messy on my self studies.

I look up stuff different unrelated things to learn, and kind of rotate crash curse lessons.

One week I look up photoshop tutorials (I suck at digital art), one week I try code again, and so on.... ^^"

Archived