Abyss Actor Support

Ultimagamer

I've always enjoyed playing abyss actors, but ever since master rule 4 they've been pretty unplayable. This is some support I thought would be cool if they received. I will be updating, so please tell me your thoughts below.

Grand Theater of the Abyss Actors

Spell - Field

All “Abyss Actor” monsters you control gain 200 attack and defense for each pendulum monster you control with a different name. When you summon 2 or more “Abyss Actor” monsters and no other monsters at the same time: you can draw 1 card for each monster with a different name summoned ( Max 3 ). While all of the pendulum monsters you control are “Abyss Actor” monsters you can activate “Abyss Script” and “Abyss Propt” cards from your hand during either players turn.

The Abyss Actors Are Hiring!

Spell - Normal

While you control no cards: take 3 “Abyss Actor” monsters whose scales are all different numbers from each other from your deck and apply the following effects

• Place the one with the highest scale into one of your pendulum zones

• Add the one with the lowest scale to your hand

• Place the other one face-up into your extra deck

You cannot summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except “Abyss Actor” monsters. You can only activate and resolve 1 “The Abyss Actors Are Hiring!” per turn.

Abyss Actor Acrobatics

Trap - Counter

Activate while the only pendulum monsters you control are “Abyss Actor” monsters. When your opponent activates a card or effect that targets a card(s) you control or activates an effect that would banish or destroy a card(s) you control: negate that effect, destroy that card, then return 1 “Abyss Actor” monster you control and 1 “Abyss Actor” monster from your extra deck or graveyard to your hand. You can only activate 1 “Abyss Actor Acrobatics” per turn.

Abyss Actors Act Change

Trap - Normal

If your opponent controls more monsters or spell and traps than you do: add face-up “Abyss Actor” pendulum monsters from your extra deck or graveyard to your hand up to the number of monsters or spell and trap cards your opponent controls. You can only activate 1 “Abyss Actors Act Change” per turn.

Abyss Actor: Manager of the Show

Dark / Fiend / Link / Effect

Link Markers: Bottom Left, Bottom Right

Link Materials: 2 “Abyss Actor” monsters

Attack: 2000

Monster effect: Once per turn, you can target 1 other card you control: destroy it, then add 1 face-up “Abyss Actor” monster from your extra deck to your hand. ( Cards destroyed by this effect are treated as destroyed by an opponent’s card effect ). When you summon 2 or more monsters at the same time to this card’s link markers: you can add 1 “Abyss Script” or “Abyss Propt” card from your deck to your hand. While you control this card, your opponent cannot negate the summons of, or the effects of “Abyss Actor” monsters.

I'm not an expert in Abyss Actors, but let's see what you have. To be frank, they are lacking a bit in certain backrow areas, so...

Grand Theater

I don't know how much the boost and draw effects will take effect; latter moreso because most of their members are Level 4 (unless you can somehow summon Superstar, Evil Heel, one of the 4s, Dandy and Extras/Funky to +5 draw, and that is very unlikely). At most, I guess you can get 2-3 which isn't too bad. The boost one is probably fine. Last one should help them a fair bit. 

Hiring

Where are you getting the cards from? I mean, it'd be nice to search Twinklestar and have her up to make summoning Heel faster from the hand, but then again, Heel's going to end up there anyway because of his scale. I guess it also sets up a bit, but maybe the OPD thing is a bit much, considering that you cannot have anything on board and already locks your summoning. Yes, it'll probably land up spamming 6 monsters at once, but that's only if you can get everything. Hard OPT would probably be fine considering that, but I could be missing potential OTKs. If they were any back in ARC-V, hopefully they aren't as annoying in VRAINS or neutered enough.

But yeah, you need to say the location that you are getting the cards from. 

Acrobatics

Can't really argue with negation, and also stuff that helps them avoid the EMZ rules and all. I guess in a way, also saves them from being killed too, so it goes two ways.

Act Change

Seems okay for recovery purposes, but you're mostly getting this off the monster count as the meta seems to have moved to a hand trap / min backrow format. 

Manager

I guess they got some way to not be as dead in Link format. Let's see, pop dead Abyss Script/Props (however often you get this), retrieve AAs to be summoned from hand without being bound by the ED thing and then trigger accordingly. Search effect is fine, but it does require that you can summon 2 monsters at once to its arrows; opponent forces Tokens or something over there, and you're dead. Last effect is fine. 

Card is fine for what it does.

I'm not an expert in Abyss Actors, but let's see what you have. To be frank, they are lacking a bit in certain backrow areas, so...

Grand Theater

I don't know how much the boost and draw effects will take effect; latter moreso because most of their members are Level 4 (unless you can somehow summon Superstar, Evil Heel, one of the 4s, Dandy and Extras/Funky to +5 draw, and that is very unlikely). At most, I guess you can get 2-3 which isn't too bad. The boost one is probably fine. Last one should help them a fair bit. 

Hiring

Where are you getting the cards from? I mean, it'd be nice to search Twinklestar and have her up to make summoning Heel faster from the hand, but then again, Heel's going to end up there anyway because of his scale. I guess it also sets up a bit, but maybe the OPD thing is a bit much, considering that you cannot have anything on board and already locks your summoning. Yes, it'll probably land up spamming 6 monsters at once, but that's only if you can get everything. Hard OPT would probably be fine considering that, but I could be missing potential OTKs. If they were any back in ARC-V, hopefully they aren't as annoying in VRAINS or neutered enough.

But yeah, you need to say the location that you are getting the cards from. 

Acrobatics

Can't really argue with negation, and also stuff that helps them avoid the EMZ rules and all. I guess in a way, also saves them from being killed too, so it goes two ways.

Act Change

Seems okay for recovery purposes, but you're mostly getting this off the monster count as the meta seems to have moved to a hand trap / min backrow format. 

Manager

I guess they got some way to not be as dead in Link format. Let's see, pop dead Abyss Script/Props (however often you get this), retrieve AAs to be summoned from hand without being bound by the ED thing and then trigger accordingly. Search effect is fine, but it does require that you can summon 2 monsters at once to its arrows; opponent forces Tokens or something over there, and you're dead. Last effect is fine. 

Card is fine for what it does.

Thanks for the feedback! I made a few changes to some of the cards based around what you said

Changed

1. Field Spell - Changed the effect from different levels of monsters summoned to different names of monsters summoned for the draw effect, but capped the draw effect to 3 cards max

2. Hiring - Added that the search is from the deck ( my mistake there ) and that the card is a hard once per turn rather than a hard once per duel

Archived