This is a continuation of an older thread I made based around archetypes I felt were undersupported. These are some archetypes I thought of support for, but I didn't think the thread should get too long on introducing more support for more archetypes that weren't originally included there. 

( If I add field spells where they don't belong, please let me know. I love field spells too much not to try to create one for almost every archetype ) 

Archetypes Included Here

1. Genex

3. Magnet Warrior

2. Magical Musketeer

4. Earthbound Immortal

5. Guardian ( based around equip spells ) 

6. Arcana Force

7. Artifact 

Genex

Genex Fortress

Spell - Field

When this card is activated, if you control no monsters: special summon 1 “Genex Controller” from your hand, deck, or graveyard to your field in defense position. While you control this card you can normal summon level 5 or higher “Genex” monsters without tributing. All “Genex” monsters you control are treated as Fire, Wind, Water, Wind, Light, and Dark attribute while they are face up on the field and in the graveyard.

Genex Control Panel

Link / Machine / Dark

1500 attack

Link Materials: 2 machine type monsters, including at least 1 “Genex” monster

Link Markers: Bottom Left / Bottom Right

When this card is link summoned you can special summon 1 “Genex” monster from your deck to your field. Each time you synchro summon a “Genex” synchro monster or a synchro monster using a “Genex” monster: you can draw 1 card. If a “Genex” monster you control leaves the field, you can special summon 1 “Genex” monster from your hand, or discard 1 card to special summon 1 “Genex” monster from your graveyard.

Genex Supervisor

Level 3 / Dark / Machine / Tuner

1000 attack / 100 defense

When this card is normal summoned: you can target 1 “Genex” monster in your graveyard: special summon that card to your field. If this card would be used as a synchro material, you can treat this card as a level 2 or a level 4 monster for that summon. If this card leaves the field; you can draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of “Genex Supervisor” once per turn.

Genex Awareness

Spell - Equip

If you control a “Genex Controller”: target 1 “Genex” monster or a synchro monster in your graveyard; special summon that target then equip it with this card. If this card leaves the field destroy the equipped monster. If the equipped monster is destroyed, destroy this card. The equipped monster can be treated as a tuner for a synchro summon or a link summon.

Magical Musketeers

Magical Musket - Fiendish Continuation

Trap - Continuous

Your opponent cannot target other “Magical Musket” card(s) you control with cards or effects. If this card is activated as a chain link of 2 or higher, negate all of your opponent’s effects in this chain before this card’s activation that target a “Magical Musket” card(s) you control with cards or effects. If this card in your possession is sent to your graveyard by an opponent’s card effect: You can add 1 “Magical Musket” card from your deck to your hand, except “Magical Musket - Fiendish Continuation”. You can only activate 1 “Magical Musket - Fiendish Continuation”.

Magical Musket: Advanced Step

Spell - Quickplay

If you control a “Magical Musketeer” monster(s): apply one of the following effects, depending on whose turn it is.

• Your Turn: During this turn you can normal summon/set a “Magical Musketeer” monster in addition to your normal summon/set this turn

• Your Opponent’s Turn: Change the battle position of monsters your opponent controls up to the number of “Magical Musketeer” monsters you control.

You can only activate 1 “Magical Musket: Advanced Step” per turn.

Magnet Warriors

Magnet Fusion

Spell - Normal

Fusion summon one “Imperion Magnum the Superconductive Battlebot” from your extra deck by sending the fusion materials listed on it from your hand, field, or banishing them from your graveyard. If you control a rock type monster, you can reveal this card in your hand along with 1 “Imperion Magnum the Superconductive Battlebot” in your extra deck, then target 1 rock type monster you control: that monster’s name becomes the name of 1 specific monster listed on the revealed fusion monsters materials. You can banish this card from your graveyard: move 1 fusion monster in your extra monster zone to one of your main monster zones.

Magnetic Occurrence

Spell - Quickplay

Tribute 1 monster you control: special summon 1 level 4 or lower “Magnet Warrior” monster from your deck or graveyard to your field. When your opponent declares a direct attack: you can banish this card from your graveyard; special summon any number of your level 4 or lower “Magnet Warrior” monsters from your graveyard or from your banished cards. You can only use each effect of “Magnet Occurrence” once per turn.

Magnetic Barrier

Trap - Continuous

Activate while you control a rock type monster: Rock type monsters you control cannot be tributed, except by their own effects, also rock type monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. During either players turn: you can banish this card from your graveyard; special summon up to 2 level 4 or lower “Magnet Warrior” monsters from your hand or deck. You can only use this effect of “Magnetic Barrier” once per turn.

Earthbound Immortals

Caverns of the Earthbound Immortals

Spell - Field

This card is unaffected by the effects of your own cards. During your main phase, you can normal summon “Earthbound Immortal” monsters without tributing. You cannot special summon monsters, except “Earthbound Immortal” monsters. Once per turn: you can destroy 1 card in your hand or on your field, then add 1 “Earthbound” card from your deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of “Caverns of the Earthbound Immortals” once per turn.

Servonic Protector of the Earthbound Immortals

Level 4 / Earth / Rock

1000 attack / 500 defense

( This card is not treated as an “Earthbound Immortal” card while face-up on the field )

During the turn this card is summoned: you can normal summon 1 “Earthbound Immortal” monster in addition to your normal summon ro set this turn. If this card is tributed: add 1 “Earthbound” card from your deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of “Servonic Protector of the Earthbound Immortals” once per turn.

Servonic Enabler of the Earthbound Immortals

Level 4 / Earth / Rock

1000 attack / 500 defense

( This card is not treated as an “Earthbound Immortal” card while face-up on the field )

If this card is normal summoned: special summon 1 Level 4 or lower “Earthbound Immortal” monster from your deck to your field, but you cannot summon monsters from the extra deck for the rest of this turn. If an “Earthbound Immortal” monster is summoned while this card is on the field: add 1 field spell from your deck or graveyard to your hand. You can only use each effect of “Servonic Enabler of the Earthbound Immortals” once per turn.

Guardians ( equip based )

Realm of the True Guardians

Spell - Field

When this card is activated: add 1 “Guardian” monster from your deck to your hand that lists a specific equip spell in it’s text. Once per turn: you can special summon 1 “Guardian” monster from your hand ignoring it’s summoning conditions. When a ‘Guardian” monster is normal or special summoned: equip 1 equip spell specifically listed in it’s card text from your hand, deck, or graveyard to that monster.

Preparation of the Guardians

Trap - Continuous

Monsters you control equipped with equip spells gain 500 attack and defense, also they cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effects. Each “Guardian” monster you control cannot be destroyed by battle once per turn. During either player’s turn: you can banish this card from your graveyard; special summon 1 “Guardian Token” (Warrior/Earth/Level 4/attack: 1000/defense: 1000) to your field. Tokens summoned by this effect gain 1000 attack for each equip spell on either players field.

Arcana Force

A Lucky Start

Spell - Normal

Toss a Coin, then apply the following effects

Heads: Add 1 “Arcana” card from your deck to your hand

Tails: Special summon 1 “Arcana” monster from your graveyard

If the effect selected by the coin toss cannot be applied, return this card to your hand instead of sending it to your graveyard.

Artifacts

Artifact Discovery

Spell - Quickplay

Target 1 spell or trap card on the field: destroy that target, then add 1 “Artifact” card from your deck to your hand, except “Artifact Discovery”. ( You must have an “Artifact” card in your main deck to activate this card ). If this card in its owner’s possession is destroyed by your opponent’s card: your opponent skips their next main phase 2.

Artifact Vaulting

Trap - Counter

When your opponent activates a card or effect while you control an “Artifact” monster or if you control no monsters: you can negate that effect, then destroy 1 set “Artifact” card in your spell and trap card zone. ( You must have a set “Artifact” monster to activate this effect ). You can only use this effect of “Artifact Vaulting” once per turn. If this card in its owner’s possession is destroyed by your opponent’s card: you can discard 1 random card from your opponent’s hand.

I'll take another look Magical Musketeer

Magical Musketeer Arena: Not a huge fan of the continuous trap. Magical Musketeers only get their effects when a card is activated, not an effect, so after you use this effect sure you get to trigger a monster once, but after that, it locks you of triggering that monster's effect again

I'm sure you'll bring up the Continous Trap they already have, but that card has some very different dynamics. It's a MST bait you can activate anytime and doesn't have effect that activates on the field so there's less confusion about whether it triggers the monster. It's also close the worst Spell/Trap the have.

It's also very Field Spell-esque (I wonder why) with its effects. It doesn't generate any advantage which is what Magical Musketeers need, not some consistancy boosting effect. After turn 2 all the Magical Musketeer cards in your hand will be there because you searched them, not because you bricked so the usefulness of that effect is severely hindered.

I already reviewed the other card and there doesn't seem yo be any changes so I'll paste it here anyways:

Advanced Step is something. I can tell your trying to fix their reliance on their normal summons, but it's so resource heavy: Say your first normal doesn't go well, you activate this but since you have no monsters on the field you can't trigger anything to go even, then you have to use another card out of your hand to summon a monster. I don't know a good way to fix them either but this card is basically a worse double summon for them in practice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artifacts:

Artifact Discovery: It has it's own role and does stuff. However, it overlaps with a lot of effect Artifacts already have and doesn't follow the theme. 

Ignition has the same first effect except it set the monster immediately. Sanctum already summons a monster, and it can do so on your opponent's turn unlike this card and without a cost.

The theming is also a problem, all the Artifacts Spell/Traps have an effect that goes "If this card in its owner's possession is destroyed by an opponent's card: <effect>" so these cards should continue the trend unless you have a good reason not to.

Artifact Vaulting: Has the same theming problem as above. Not a big fan of omni-negates but they exist. It'll be played on that fact it's an omni-negate counter trap with a very small cost that can turn into advantage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest I not too sure you looked into what these archetypes need and there are major issue with a few of your cards from rulings, themeing and just general playability or fairness. 

I'll take another look Magical Musketeer

Magical Musketeer Arena: Not a huge fan of the continuous trap. Magical Musketeers only get their effects when a card is activated, not an effect, so after you use this effect sure you get to trigger a monster once, but after that, it locks you of triggering that monster's effect again

I'm sure you'll bring up the Continous Trap they already have, but that card has some very different dynamics. It's a MST bait you can activate anytime and doesn't have effect that activates on the field so there's less confusion about whether it triggers the monster. It's also close the worst Spell/Trap the have.

It's also very Field Spell-esque (I wonder why) with its effects. It doesn't generate any advantage which is what Magical Musketeers need, not some consistancy boosting effect. After turn 2 all the Magical Musketeer cards in your hand will be there because you searched them, not because you bricked so the usefulness of that effect is severely hindered.

I already reviewed the other card and there doesn't seem yo be any changes so I'll paste it here anyways:

Advanced Step is something. I can tell your trying to fix their reliance on their normal summons, but it's so resource heavy: Say your first normal doesn't go well, you activate this but since you have no monsters on the field you can't trigger anything to go even, then you have to use another card out of your hand to summon a monster. I don't know a good way to fix them either but this card is basically a worse double summon for them in practice.

Artifacts:

Artifact Discovery: It has it's own role and does stuff. However, it overlaps with a lot of effect Artifacts already have and doesn't follow the theme. 

Ignition has the same first effect except it set the monster immediately. Sanctum already summons a monster, and it can do so on your opponent's turn unlike this card and without a cost.

The theming is also a problem, all the Artifacts Spell/Traps have an effect that goes "If this card in its owner's possession is destroyed by an opponent's card: <effect>" so these cards should continue the trend unless you have a good reason not to.

Artifact Vaulting: Has the same theming problem as above. Not a big fan of omni-negates but they exist. It'll be played on that fact it's an omni-negate counter trap with a very small cost that can turn into advantage.

To be honest I not too sure you looked into what these archetypes need and there are major issue with a few of your cards from rulings, themeing and just general playability or fairness. 

I've made a lot of changes to those cards, I think you will like em :D

Fiends Continuation and Advanced Step now have more defensive effects, and aren't too powerful anymore

artifact cards now have more artifact interaction and symmetry with the original artifact spell and traps

I've made a lot of changes to those cards, I think you will like em :D

Fiends Continuation and Advanced Step now have more defensive effects, and aren't too powerful anymore

artifact cards now have more artifact interaction and symmetry with the original artifact spell and traps

Never said either of the Magical Musketeers cards were too powerful, the opposite really.

Fiends Continuation Works in tandem with Fiendish Deal, you should add the adding from GY as well if you're going with a similar effect. 

Advanced Step is still as resource heavy as before. It's basically the same card as before, with a secondary effect that's just alright. This may just be nitpicking but don't like the option of 2 effects. Stands out from all the other cards that just do one thing and go home. 

The Artifact cards look good. Would fit right into that deck, good job overall.

Archived