Trump Supports "Comprehensive" Gun Bill

As seen in the Trump Administrative Action thread. Put here to keep that one clean.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/us/politics/trump-gun-control.html

It seems out of character but I have to wonder if he's not going to try and play both sides with this one. But from what I can gather Trump is cracking down hard on guns. Or at least he says that he intends to. I'm honestly not sure what to make of it and mostly am making this to get the discussion in a proper thread.

No he doesn't. Same trap as DACA, he makes a good offer with enough toxic pills that the dems are forced to vote against it.

Please show me where he did this so I know you're not just being a mindless sycophant.

If you're seriously apologizing for him saying something so ridiculous because of your adorable widdle 3D chess delusion than I'm just not going to bother with this discussion.

Please show me where he did this so I know you're not just being a mindless sycophant.

If you're seriously apologizing for him saying something so ridiculous because of your adorable widdle 3D chess delusion than I'm just not going to bother with this discussion.

What do you want me to show you? It's all in his tweets. He offered Citizenship to far more than just the DACA individuals in exchange for the wall, end to chain migration, and a reduction in legal immigration. The dems turned it down, despite it addressing DACA. Public polling for the wall increased in support

and now he can say things like this

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/964512164865363968

I'm not apologizing for him at all, he flubbed yesterday. He should have tied in concealed carry to the bill. But the pattern is much like what he did with DACA. If you think he's gonna suddenly grab guns, I have a bridge to sell you

What do you want me to show you? It's all in his tweets. He offered Citizenship to far more than just the DACA individuals in exchange for the wall, end to chain migration, and a reduction in legal immigration. The dems turned it down, despite it addressing DACA. Public polling for the wall increased in support

and now he can say things like this

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/964512164865363968

I'm not apologizing for him at all, he flubbed yesterday. He should have tied in concealed carry to the bill. But the pattern is much like what he did with DACA. If you think he's gonna suddenly grab guns, I have a bridge to sell you

No thanks, I already bought enough bridges during the last election season.

Oi I didn't make this a thread so you can do your foreplay here dammit.

But yeah, getting a bit overly aggressive/spammy, slow your roll folks. Gimme the debates I know you can do :P

There's not much to debate. No overarching subject. No guiding questions. None of that. It's all about interpretation of what he said, not what he's actually doing.

Debating over the meaning and intent of someone's words is often counter-intuitive and even pointless, especially when applied to someone like Trump.

When you don't give a debate subject more specific guidance, it's really no surprise that it'd almost immediately devolve into this.

There's not much to debate. No overarching subject. No guiding questions. None of that. It's all about interpretation of what he said, not what he's actually doing.

Debating over the meaning and intent of someone's words is often counter-intuitive and even pointless, especially when applied to someone like Trump.

When you don't give a debate subject more specific guidance, it's really no surprise that it'd almost immediately devolve into this.

You can indeed still debate over his intent, what you think he plans on doing, and if said plans would be negative or positive. I don't see it as pointless because the Debate section isn't meant to make any "changes" but to discuss more controversial topics.

Or you could still debate the actual subject. The ideas presented in the article and if it could be effective or not. Or what could be effective.

If you have nothing more to add feel free to not post. Regardless several of the above posts lean too close to spam or personal attacks than is allowed. This isn't me being an ass it's a statement of fact.

The problem is that this thread was made in response to a link that had two premature responses in the administrative actions thread.

It was designed with the intent of informing the YCM populace of general action taken by the current administration and allow them to discuss those specific actions.

However, this thread is "Trump Bill/Gun Control Response" and won't formulate anything because it was taken out of the administration thread (where the discussion would have remained short or lasted until I had it changed or stopped).

This isn't General, and so I'm going to change this entirely.

You may continue discussion of the president's actions in the previous thread and make a separate topic for any and all Gun Control.

Archived