REMAKE: Richie Lich the Reimagined (Ritual/Spell) (Where Etiquette Meets Entropy)

Black D'Sceptyr

From soup to nuts.

richie_lich_the_reimagined_set_by_bdscep

[spoiler=Richie Lich the Reimagined: Info]

DARK/Zombie-Type Ritual Effect Monster/Level 7/2600 ATK/2900 DEF

Lore: You can Ritual Summon this card with "Demise of Dezard". When this card is Special Summoned: You can banish up to 5 cards from the GYs, then if this card was Ritual Summoned and you have no monsters in your GY, banish all other monsters on the field. When your opponent's Spell/Trap effect that targets a card(s) in your possession resolves, negate that effect. During the End Phase (Quick Effect): You can target 1 Zombie monster in your GY; Special Summon 1 monster with the same name as that target from your hand or Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions, then banish that target face-down. You can only use this effect of "Richie Lich the Revitalized" once per turn.

[spoiler=Demise of Dezard: Info]

Ritual Spell Card

Lore: This card can be used to Ritual Summon "Richie Lich the Reimagined". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field, and/or banish Spells/Traps from your GY, so the total Levels of the Tributed monsters and/or banished Spells/Traps equals or exceeds 7. You can banish this card from your GY; until the End Phase of next turn, all monsters on the field and in the GY become Zombie monsters, also your opponent cannot banish Zombie monsters by, or to activate, their card effects. You can only use this effect of "Demise of Dezard" once per turn. 

See, when I originally made the Enforcer of Etiquette, which this card was in a past life, I was but a wee lass in the middle of my big return to YCM, and didn't really comprehend that compatibility and consistency was the name of the game-especially for such a combo-heavy extra card type like Rituals. They needed every edge possible to counteract stun, which is why I still run Herald of Ultimateness to the ever-increasing groans of others in my Cyber Angel Deck.

But this cuts away from the mold in a different way than usual now; in that, it embodies my new run of explaining the myriad stories Konami leaves (and still does, to my joy) in Yugioh cards. It reminds me, in part, WHY I continue doing what I do as a cardmaker-there's so many dimensions to this craft and to the cards within it, and so many well-established creators-and creation engines. And I really happen to like the Dezard-to-Fusioh-Richie pipeline a bit. So I'll be elaborating on that throughout the next week. I started originally with Book of Doom, and really had to fight school schedules to continue work on this archetype in relative peace. 

You'll see what I've cooked up, later on, folks. Tomorrow, however, I'm gonna try to deliver you a Chaos Emperor series. Its not as busted as it sounds, I swear.

Till then, reviews, revelry, you know the drill, now ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER. 

BDS, signing off.

Archived