System OVERLOAD

flowerviolence

hey, it's my first time back in a long time, and I've only dabbled slightly into LINK monsters, so not only will I need help possibly with grammar and the like, but also if this card would even work with the current ruling. Let me know! Regardless, here it is.

l0IKgbr.jpg

Trap | Continuous

When this card is activated: Special Summon 1 LINK -2 or lower Link Monster from your Extra Deck to any Monster Zone on your field, but it has its effects negated, also banish it if it leaves the field. When this card leaves the field, destroy that monster. When that monster is destroyed, destroy this card.

Thanks to Dragulas for help with the grammar!

Targeting mechanic is for places of public knowledge (sort of), its exclusive to the field, GY and banished pile/zone.

Grammar fix:

When this card is activated: Special Summon 1 LINK -2 or lower Link Monster from your Extra Deck to any Monster Zone on your field, but it has its effects negated, also banish it if it leaves the field. When this card leaves the field, destroy that monster. When that monster is destroyed, destroy this card.

Due to Master rule 4, every monster summoned from the ED by default goes to the EMZ. Of course, there are many cases of "text beats established mechanic", but I am still not sure if you can get away with it.

I like the design though is a slower version of instant fusion for links.

Targeting mechanic is for places of public knowledge (sort of), its exclusive to the field, GY and banished pile/zone.

Grammar fix:

Due to Master rule 4, every monster summoned from the ED by default goes to the EMZ. Of course, there are many cases of "text beats established mechanic", but I am still not sure if you can get away with it.

I like the design though is a slower version of instant fusion for links.

Thanks for the grammar fix, I will update shortly.

and yeah, I figured previously, there are those cards which trump the mechanics and figured I would make a card like that. I wonder what the official ruling would be for something like that, if it could be possible. I suppose it's just a hopeful concept.

Also, I am glad you like the design, I appreciate it!

Archived